Team-BHP - Athirampilly and Vazhachaal waterfalls
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Athirampilly and Vazhachaal waterfalls (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/70073-athirampilly-vazhachaal-waterfalls.html)

A mesmerizing trip to one of kerala's vintage waterfalls.

Interesting start! Waiting for description, route, and the rest of the works.

Nice snaps. As mentioned, need the route info,distance & stay(resort/hotel).
keep the pics flowing.

Kerala is land of waterfalls. :)

Nice pics. So, are you planing to just put the pics? Or planning to pen down the exp and route information also? Especially the place of stay.

Beautiful...I have seen this waterfall in so many Indian movies :-)))

Fantastic snaps.. The falls look great.Do share more of your experiences and yes some more snaps needed here.

cogweelz the best part of the trip is the trek down to the base in Athirapally. The trail never seemed to end and climbing back was an ordeal by itself.

Some pic's I shot a few years back.Pardon the compositions, I was just learning then :) .

Athirampilly and Vazhachaal waterfalls-1-medium.jpg

Athirampilly and Vazhachaal waterfalls-dsc_0211-medium.jpg

Athirampilly and Vazhachaal waterfalls-dsc_0257-medium.jpg

Nice snaps. Had been there two years back. I remember there was a resort on the way, where the backwater of the falls flows through. It was very nice. Although cannot say the same for the food :)

Natures gift - the beautiful scenes.
and, ofcourse, very nice and lively photographs !

Guys, pardon the late reply as I was in Internet exile for a couple of weeks.

Yes time for some answers:

Route : I started from Kaloor, Kochi.Enroute Chalakudy-Angamaly NH47 take right after 2 KM. The exact place name is Karayaanparambu. Follow the detour to find the wide winding beautifuly maintained road which takes you to the enchanting waterfalls. The road has been renovated a year back or so and is fantastic. I did a bit of speed tests (110 kmph on my palio).

Stay: to b honest I am big question mark on that. But unexpectedly I met one of the fellow travellers who mentioned about a home stay namely 'Private Property' which is too cool as per his tastes. He was from Mumbai. The spot is few 100 mts before you reach the Athirampilly Waterfall spot (The gate where you go into to see the waterfalls). The place has no hoardings so you just need to ask the shopkeepers.

Food: NO idea. I feasted on home-made Biriyani:D. But yes there are few hotels I saw. But I am sure there would be home stays around. I wonder I only saw a KTDC Aaram hotel about 10km awaya from the athirampilly. There should be more of them but I just could not spot them (atleast the hoardings).

Trivia: Adding to what Latheesh mentioned, The 'Barso Re' song in Guru was shot here. Unfortunately one of the elephants for the shoot caused mayhey and held up the shooting for few days.

I completely agree with rjstyles69. The place rocks during this time of the year especially the slight drizzle in evenings.

Nice pictures. While visiting this place once should not miss going to the base of the falls. According to the shopkeepers, there are proper steps to go down from the main road. I have never used the steps though.

By the way, the place is called "ATHIRAPPILLY"