Team-BHP - Enchanting Weekend Getaway Places Around Chennai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Enchanting Weekend Getaway Places Around Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/70677-enchanting-weekend-getaway-places-around-chennai.html)

Dear Team members,

Time and again we get confusion for a relaxation of the places for the week end.This thread is dedicated to to the travel enthusiasts and for the people who want to relax after a week long work.Being myself relax like that I do wish to recommend some places for the weekenders.It is not even possible to put one place in one posting.So first posting we can take a couple of pictures of Mahabalipuram and a part posting of how to reach to Mahabalipuram.

One take buses from CMBT bus stand,Adyar Bus Stand,and T.nagar busstand to Mahabalipuram. The other choice is of taking a hop on hop off bus for a fee of 250 with Ac.The distance from central is approximately 58 kms.

Those who wish to take their own vehicle either they can take OMR road from Adyar or the ECR through Tiruvanmiyur.To days Posting picture are As the time does not permit now it will be continued in the next post after the small job of today.

1.A huge rock in a inclined standing position near Tigers cave 2.Tiger's cave.

There are a good number of places to see all the way to Mahabalipuram on the ECR. ECR means East Coast Road. In religious point of view You can See St Thomas Bascilica in Samthome.In Besantnagar you can visit Velankanni Church, and the Asta laxmi Temple.Then in Tiruvanmiyur You can visit Marundheeswarar Temple,Pamban Swamigal Samadhi and the acdemy of artsKala Chetra, and in Thiruvidandhai You can see the Lord Bishnu with Varaha Head as Nithya Kalyana Perumal.

Apart from those pilgrim centres there are some special places for fun and enjoyment. The drive in Theater before Golden beach. Golden beach you can enjoy the golden sand and all the entertainments in side the beact campus on payment of entree fee. Towards down south you can visit the modern movie hall Mayajal with many screens. After Mayajal you can see the theme park MGM at a good price. In between comes the dakshin Chitra where you can see the culture and architecture of different states. Then comes the Muttukadu Boat house. There you can have a boating. Before mahabali puram you can see the collection of thousands of reptiles in the crocodile park. If you wait you can see how the people there extract the poison from the cobras. Beyond that you can visit the sea lion show. Further down the Tigers cave one of the sculptural beauty of Pallava kings. The Tiger cave photo is given below.

Navan are there any other places close by, if the parameter for this is set we could also add some from our experience and knowledge

Hi Magic,
It is great you were in other thread always I was after you. Today it is a pleasant surprise that you are visiting my thread. I believe there is one more between Mahabali puram and Pondy on ECR. There are lot to see and expose to others. Let us do the least from our end. Where are you residing.

As mentioned i am in Kerala, I think you should take it upto Gingee or even places like Redhills etc, and if possible i think we should meniton places in Chennai, Marina Beach etc.

Hi magic,
I am having the idea of Chennai in a separate posting. That too I want to give religious importance,Fum and entertainment separately. You are welcome with your comments and it will be taken care and considered for the inclusion.

Thats nice hope that you would get contribution from Tbhpians in Chennai. Looking forward to more on this thread

Here is the Light House situated on the hill top of Mahabalipuram

The Great Elephant Statue in the Five Rathas Campus

The Lion Statue in Five Rathas campus comes alive followed by Elephant

There's a place called Mudaliarkuppam about 100kms from Chennai on the ECR.
Its halfway between Mahabalipuram and Pondy.
Check out this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1077740-post311.html

Hi

Thank you nitrous. It is a great place to visit. I bye passed many times but did not get down. Of course there may not be good restaurant there. I think we have to carry the lunch or to go to the Midway restaurant.

Hi, its good to have a thread like this. Now, what I would differ from is about the Golden Beach !

It certainly is not what it used to be 15 years ago ! Its plagued by very bad maintenance. The food joints were not what they used to be years ago ( remember the giant dosas ? ). There used be lots of gardens too.

Now, its a distastefully done, badly maintained theme park by the sea.

I would spend my 120rs elsewere !

I have never tried the MGM Dizee world. I will give it a shot some time

Hi Vdiatech,

You are right about the golden beach. But it is o.k for the people of the lower middle standard. to me the VGP Golden beach is horrible. Even my grand daughters are telling to take them but I promised of Queen's land.The MGM, KIshkinta, and Queen's land are great but they too Charge 350,400 and plus too. When ever I get some thing new around here I will keep on posting and if you have some thing let you add on here. For week end eating there is a very good buffet veg lunch and dinner for Rs 75 in Dhaba express cenetop Road Nandanam. For Non Veg week days lunch for Rs 450 per headat Sabari Classic in Navalur in OMR. Around tambaram Rs 210 in Henkala