Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 22:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Chunambar is the backwaters. You have to take a boat to go to the beach which is a 15 min journey. Most locals dont know Paradise beach and if you ask for directions or look at signboards its marked as Chunambar.
I have been to that place many times. Never called it by Paradise Beach though.
I guess they have put up that board recently or i never looked at it

Last edited by laluks : 5th December 2009 at 22:44.
Old 6th December 2009, 17:28   #17
BHPian

Yes, Pondy indeed is a good place for a short break. Loafing around at the Promenade is a good way to kill some time soak in the ambience of the place.

I remember, when I first visited Pondy back on 26 Jan of '07, it looked very beautiful in the night with all the govt building beautifully lighted up and decorated. Loved the place so much after our first experience that have been visiting it every year since.

Very well written travelogue. You made me travel with you.
Old 7th December 2009, 09:58   #18
BHPian

Amazing pictures. Anymore coming our way ?
Old 7th December 2009, 10:44   #19
BHPian

Rahul, I really dont know how I missed to read yor travelouge. Man its really wonderful, it brought back the memories of my numerous trip to pondy. The pyramid natraj temple is something new to me. I should have overlooked that place. Will try it next time. Awesome pictures dude. Just want to mention that there is a Sunday market in pondy where you get all the stuff and its a shoppers paradise. I always end up buying stuff just for the sake of enjoying the bargaining deals.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:17   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes Ben. I was trying to recollect your name, you had sent me the pdf which had quite some useful info on Pondy. But as I was typing the travelogue missed mentioning you .

And yes you had put up a great travelogue on Pondy too. If the weather is right Pondy is a welcome break. Thanks for stopping by to post your comment
Hey, no problem at all, as long as you were benefitted.
Menwhile, i am hotlinking my travelogue to this as well, so anyone searching can get additional details from it as well : Link_to_travelogue
Old 7th December 2009, 13:10   #21
BHPian

Nice pics Rahul..good log ! I still remember the drive from Chennai to ECR, literally flew , while returning to Chennai managed to return in 1 1/2 hr, It is one of the excellent 2 laned roads down South !

Quote:
Chunambar is the backwaters. You have to take a boat to go to the beach which is a 15 min journey. Most locals dont know Paradise beach and if you ask for directions or look at signboards its marked as Chunambar.
I missed this place during my visit..I missed Auroville as well, basically our interests levels were down..So we spent most of the time in our beach resort chilling away
Old 7th December 2009, 14:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue, rrahul
Quote:
Originally Posted by elantraGT
. Just want to mention that there is a Sunday market in pondy where you get all the stuff and its a shoppers paradise.
where is this market, man?
Old 7th December 2009, 14:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

where is this market, man?
Nitrous, on sundays the whole of Gandhi street is converted as a Sunday market. They open somewhere between 2-3 PM and will be there till 8 PM. You get everything from spanners to vegetables. The minute the trader identifies you as a Chennaite, they will try to rip you off. You need to be extra careful and the more bargain you make, better the price you get. Just be aware that this street will always be crowded on sunday.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:32   #24
BHPian

sunday market is nice, but they are not what they used to be (quality) a decade ago.

neverthless you can still get some awesome bargains. Like Elantra says, dont let them know you are a chennaite lol
Old 7th December 2009, 20:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics there Rahul, its just reminds me of my trip there in Pondi. I simply love the drive and ambience in Pondi no matter how much hot it is compared to Bangalore!!

Pondi is the best for a nice leisure drive.

Abhi

Most Viewed