Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 15:36   #16
BHPian

Nice pictures, please continue with your posting you have me glued to this thread
Old 9th December 2009, 15:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful pictures. I was offered a drive to Nandi Hills by my BIL, the last time I was in Bangalore.
Now I feel sorry to have not gone there!
Old 9th December 2009, 16:26   #18
BHPian

The feel was truly magical. Although the Nandi Hills is hardly 300m heigher than the surrounding valley, it feels like you are standing on top of a really tall mountain. The fog was starting to recede by the time we reached, and one side of the hill was totally devoid of any fog. I should be going there earlier the next time!

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-views.jpg

There were lots of people on the top. And hundreds of monkeys, too! Some of them just will not let you eat anything without sharing it with them. Sharing, in their language, is handing over everything you have! Though the hill top wasn't as empty as we expected it to be, it was still a lot better than a typical weekend evening.

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-people.jpg

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-jump-.jpg

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-monkey.jpg

We spent a couple of hours on the top clicking photos. It was chilly up there and the wind was also quite strong. It must have been around 10-12degC. The fog started disappearing pretty soon. We had a cup of hot tea and just sat there for a while staring at the valley. I sure can say it felt really good. Sort of like being detached from your daily worries.

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-pondering.jpg

The temple was open by then and the priest was into his routine.

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-temple.jpg
Old 9th December 2009, 16:51   #19
BHPian

A different perspective to an otherwise mundane spot.

But don't keep people hanging, they might lose interest.
Old 9th December 2009, 17:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
But don't keep people hanging, they might lose interest.
That was a pretty short trip, just for a couple of hours. I have only a few pictures more to post. Not intending to keep anyone waiting for long
Old 9th December 2009, 18:36   #21
BHPian

Time to return.
Started back at around 9am. The drive down was just as interesting as the drive up. I simply loved the way the i10 was behaving on the winding roads. Great steering response, and smooth shifting. While going up it even climbed - well, almost - one of the hairpins in the 3rd gear

Car parked on the hill top
Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-cars.jpg

NH7 was starting to get crowded by the time we were back on it. The roads are awesome, I must say. But for a small stretch where a railway overbridge construction has been 'underway' for ages, the entire highway, or at least as far as I have gone, is wonderful with three lanes in each direction.

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-nh7.jpg

On the sidelines, if Shashi Tharoor calls the economy class in a plane Cattle Class, what would he call this one?

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-cattle-class.jpg

As we neared the city, the infamous Bangalore traffic indiscipline came right back in.

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-lanediscipline.jpg

Almost at the end of the journey. Bangalore Golf Course is on the right side, beyond the nets.

Nandi Hills - An early morning drive-golfcourse.jpg

It was otherwise just a normal weekend made unforgettable by the sights from the top of the hills. It was so magical that I want to be going back there again, but this time a little earlier to catch the sunrise itself. Then I will make sure I take some better photos and post them right here.

So long! Thank you all for reading this small write-up.
Old 9th December 2009, 19:43   #22
BHPian

Good one Subhash. Nice pictures and narration.
Old 9th December 2009, 19:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

I had gone to Nandi Hills many times.But these pictures are really good.I had seen all Rain sunshine mist.The clouds over the mountains excellent, never seen. Thanks for sharing good pictures.Similiar picture was posted by Chevy lover but that was in northeast part of India.
Old 9th December 2009, 20:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics.
A very short and sweet travelogue. You need to know how to get the readers to read a travelogue about the most frequented places.
I believe this what you have achieved in this travelogue.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2009 at 10:46.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:45   #26
BHPian

Great travelogue. Am sure lots of tbhpians have their morning drives planned after reading this
Old 10th December 2009, 16:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Great travelogue. Am sure lots of tbhpians have their morning drives planned after reading this
My dear friend, lot of bhpians have already visited that place in morning, afternoon and night...
Old 10th December 2009, 16:31   #28
BHPian

I am planning to visit Nandi hills next week, can someone tell me the route after BIAL? I need to know where I need to take a turn after BIAL. Thanks in advance.
Old 10th December 2009, 18:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
I am planning to visit Nandi hills next week, can someone tell me the route after BIAL? I need to know where I need to take a turn after BIAL. Thanks in advance.
Continue on NH7 beyond BIAL. You will see a huge temple on the top of a rock on your left side. Take the first left turn after the temple. You can see directions for Nandi Hills there.

Go straight on this road, and you will reach a T-junction with lots of shops. Take a left and go a couple of kms. You will reach another juction where there is a small traffic island, sort of. Take a right there and the climb starts to the top of the hills. No diversions beyond this point.
Old 11th December 2009, 09:49   #30
BHPian

Super pics! The teaser is awesome. You've made me want to go there early morning too. Can you tell me what time you reached there so I can plan my trip likewise?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks