Team-BHP - Hyderabad to Goa 9/12/09-13/12/09 Suzuki Swift vxi 2006
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Hyderabad to Goa 9/12/09-13/12/09 Suzuki Swift vxi 2006 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/72108-hyderabad-goa-9-12-09-13-12-09-suzuki-swift-vxi-2006-a.html)

Hello guys,

This is my first time on this site. I am posting a travelogue of my recent goa visit. Please excuse me for any mistakes that might happen, and also for picture quality as i have a 7MP Canon. Feel free to post comments/opinions/views. Thanks.

DAY 1: 9 DEC,2009 - Started at 0400 from Hyderabad

Members: Me, begum, friend, his wife.

Desired route: Hyd-zaheerabad-humnabad-gulbarga-bijapur-belgaum-goa
Route taken: Hyd-zaheerabad-humnabad-gulbarga-bagalkot-belgaum-ponda-londa-goa!

Well, to start off let me tell you that all our planning had to be thrown out of the window for the forward trip. Car originally chosen was my friend’s ALTO due to good economy and the fact that he has a gas kit installed as well. The trip was a sudden plan as the telangana agitation was going on and my parents had warned me not to go. But I thought of going ahead anyways. On the evening of DEC 8th, I told my friend to get ready as we would leave at around 0300 the next day. So, the same evening I told him to get his car tanked up (both tanks, hehe!) and I get a call from him that he has to go to a marriage and he’ll fill it up later in the evening. Suddenly I hear from the people that TRS (Telangana Rashtriya Samiti) has called a bandh and all petrol pumps would be shut for 48 hours starting tonight. I called my friend and he said that he’s stuck in the marriage ceremony and cannot move. I then took a 35 litre jerry can and rushed to the petrol pump only to see that its shut down because its out of stock due to the sudden rush of public. Rushed from one pump to the other only to find long queues. The reason I took a can is because my car (SUZUKI SWIFT vxi 2006) was already full of fuel, but didn’t have permission to take it (I told my mom that I would take a cab and wont drive myself). We, finally decided to take my car as we were sneaking out in the night.:D

Caught a power nap 2330 to 0130. Had to pick them up at 0330, his house was re-done for his recent marriage and spent 15 min to see it. Left at about 0400. Took the tolichowki-gachibowli-miyapur route towards zaheerabad on NH9. The weather was cold and visibility was nil in some parts on the way. But roads were nice and smooth.

to be continued...

Good start buddy! please continue and post some more pics.

Nice to see yet an other Goa Travelogue from Hyderabad. That was a chill start Unoczar clap:. Looking forward for more details

hey guys,

thanks for the response, but i actually broke a rule while posting that picture. I have started another thread and it should be up and running in a day... hope to see you guys there.

thanks.

-unoczar

Another Goa Travelouge. Would be interested to know about the route you've taken. The route we've been on last time was the "Hyd-Zaheerabad-Sholapur-Kolhapur-Amboli-Goa" route. We experienced dense fog in the month of October itself.
Would love to read your travelouge and see your Goa Trip through your eyes (I mean lens ;))

Hi Unoczar, Good start to your travelogue. Waiting for more snaps and updates about the trip.

hey guys, i messed up a little bit on posting this thing... but i have now posted the entire thing in a new thread titled "Hyderabad-Goa-Hyderabad 9/12/09-13/12/09 Suzuki Swift vxi 2006" .
you can view all the pics here. I'm new here and learning the tricks. so please excuse me for this mess up.