Team-BHP - 12 days 4 States 5 Bikes 8 friends
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   12 days 4 States 5 Bikes 8 friends (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/72130-12-days-4-states-5-bikes-8-friends.html)

Hmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally after Earth taking its own time to roll ,December 23rd is just 12 hours away.And me sitting restlessly in office and trying to kill time .

Whats special on 23rd December ????

I am on a 12 days ride in my New Thunderbird Twinspark starting from tomorrow along with my friends.:uncontrol

From october this trip is being planned.

As a result 3 bikes were bought. 2 Especially for this trip and one for daily use .Started searching for 2 yezdi's for my friends. Gave up due to various reasons and my friend bought a Standard 500 for 25k in chennai and after that a used Karizma was bought aain in chennai. Is Everything over ?? No!!!!!!
My friend after seein my new TBTS decided to buy a New TBTS also and ended up buying it.:Shockked:

Leaves approved.

Route finalized with few more gaps that needs to be sorted out.Trusting Outlook traveller,Eicher India and Karnataka Traveller.

People also finalized with one dropping out due to non availability of leave. 2 married couples, 3 guys and one girl totallig 8 ,are set for the trip.

Bikes:
TBTS :2
Standard 500 :1
Karizma :1
Yamaha R15 :1

Route planned:

23rd Dec Day 0: Bangalore -Ooty-Coimbatore-350 kms (Solo ride to join my friends in coimbatore)

Dec 24th Day 1: Coimbatore-Sathyamangalam-dimbam-chamrajnagar-nanjangud-mysore-Hassan-belur-halebidu-chikmagalur(Halt)-Roughly 430kms

Dec 25th Day 2: Chikmagalur-Mullaingiri-Chikmagalur-Agumbe(Halt)-160kms

Dec 26th Day 3:Agumbe-Shimoga-Hubli-Dharwad-Kittur-Belgaum-Amboli(Halt) -362 kms

Dec 27th Day 4: Amboli to Goa (halt) 120kms

Dec 28th Day 5: Party at Goa

Dec 29th Day 6: Goa -Karwar-Udupi-Mangalore (365kms)

Dec 30th Day 7 : Mangalore -Bekal fort-Chalakudy(Kerala) NH 17 -342 kms

Dec 31st Day 8: Chalakudy-Athirapally-Valparai (Halt) NH 17 -120 kms

Jan 1st Day 9: Around Valparai

Jan 2nd Day 10: Valparai -Coimbatore 100kms

Jan 3rd Day 11: Coimbatore -Bangalore -350 kms

Will try posting the logs and Pics on the same day depending on the possibility.

Time is simply not passing mannnnnnnn

Good luck, Hope you have a good and a safe time.

Regards!!!

Hey bhuvan

That sounds very interesting trip, friends on bikes, sounds like straight out of Hollywood (or Bollywood or Tollywood or Sandlewood) movies.

Do you plan to report the travelogue live ?

all the best for you trip, drive safe, take care of yourself and your friends.
have fun.

Sound like you guys are headed for some serious fun.

Have a great trip.

I do hope that all riders are wearing adequate protection kits. Please invest in some good quality helmets, jackets and shoes.

Not only do they save you from injury, but also go a big way in preventing fatigue.
Keep spares for all bikes. Do not ride for more than an hour at a time.

I am assuming not everyone on this trip is used to long distance biking.
So take special care.

Never should any bike be outside of direct view. Ride with head lights on. This allows the lead rider to spot you in the rear view mirrors.

Do not eat and ride immediately. Take atleast an hour in between. Find out all possible rest stops on the route with good toilets. The women in the group will appreciate this.

Keep some tiger biscuits. They are an excellent source of energy and the packs are so small you can keep them in your jacket pockets.

DO NOT EVER OVERTAKE FROM THE LEFT.

and most important.
ENJOY the ride.

Looking forward to an excellent travelogue with lots of pics.

Wish you a safe drive,the trip seems awesome but I wonder whether you will get ample amount of time for sight seeing after visiting all the places mentioned above. Again please wear helmets,gloves and other safety gear all the time. Wish you the best of luck and may your trip be highly successfull.

Way to go mate, enjoy your ride Bhuvan.

nice tips from Bblost. :thumbs up:thumbs up
Wanted to add a few from my side, but Bblost has covered all of them.

Again, reiterating - Safety gear is a must!!
Do not over speed
Maintain a single file on the highways.

Thanks alot Decky,bblost,star vegabond,amit purohit,god envy for the tips and inputs.

I will try posting the logs on the same day but the chances are minimal as I wont be carrying my laptop

Yeah we have proper safety gear and will be riding safe.

Travelling in your bikes, seems great all the best to all of you have a safe journey.

Hi Guys,

Good itinerary and plan. Have a nice and safe ride. We all team BHPians will share our concern of your travel. Like calling your home. Keep posting regularly here. We do treat you all our TBHP family members. All the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buvan (Post 1645948)

23rd Dec Day 0: Bangalore -Ooty-Coimbatore-350 kms (Solo ride to join my friends in coimbatore)

Super.

Which route are you taking to Ooty from Bangalore? Sigur ghats or via Gudalur. I am in Gudalur tomorrow and would love to see you guys on the way. I think we might meet on the way. Keep your eyes open for a Red CJ340. Will buy you tea.:)

Have fun, drive safe and we need a lot of pictures.

I'd say you have done some exhaustive planningclap:. Bon Voyage, ride safe!!!. I hope you have booked accommodation well in advance.

Is there any reason you want to ride solo all the way to Ooty & Coimbatore when you will be coming back to the same place the next morning? IMO you could join your friends in Mysore and continue on from there. Anyways, on the return leg, you would be going through Coimbatore. :)

Also, isnt the NH7/NH47 route via Salem a better one as against Mysore/Ooty to go to Coimbatore from Bangalore?

wow! buvan wish you and the gang a safe and enjoyable trip. We will be waiting for your updates.

Regards,
Venkatesh

Band of Boys and Bikes, looks like a lot of fun on wheels.

If you guys have break time in Coimbatore, let me know would like to catch up with you guys.

God Luck. Drive safe.

Raja.

Wow, amazing plan. I wish you all the best and will be waiting for the details and pics.
Enjoy :)