Team-BHP - Christmas Break with wife and Scorpio- Wildlife spotting in Masinagudi area
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Christmas Break with wife and Scorpio- Wildlife spotting in Masinagudi area (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/72525-christmas-break-wife-scorpio-wildlife-spotting-masinagudi-area-2.html)

Re post:Mods Pls delete.

Great log Sankar, Masinagudi is indeed a great place for spotting wildlife, esp the Mayar side and the Gudalur road.
Did you not spot any Elephants?

I was there too last week, my contact told me that the Tiger was spotted near mayar on the 20th of this month ,this was mentioned inside the Mudumalai Forest office also( there is a board in the office where they put up the last spotted date of a animal and the area)

Shankar, it's good to have friends, and it is even better to have friends with houses at exotic locations :)

thanks a lot guys for the appreciation

its fun to make these trips and lovely to be able to indulge ones photographic leanings and even more fun to write about the same -
unfortunately this time we didnt see any elephants (and it certainly wasnt for the lack of effort!!) - my friend spotted a tiger in mid Dec quite near his property but the stripey didnt make an appearance when we were there. even a leopard was spotted a few days ago by one of the people working in my friends house but there again the spotted cat eluded us on our visit.
being christmas weekend, there was such a lot of traffic thereabouts that I guess that most sensible animals would have buzzed off into the deeper bits of the forest - im happy they went off and took cover because there is that much less chance of the poor things getting hurt or knocked down or even getting irritated by the antics of silly human beings!
but, theres always a next time I guess!

Hi Shankar

This travelogue give me massive happiness, I used to travel a lot on these roads on the way to OOTY where I studied…. :)

Like a poem; awesome travelogue. Just though the first post.clap:clap:

Didn't understand about the coconut part. What were you trying to do?

Oh and that food part ! I am hungry!

Good pictures shankar. Best way to spend time away from the concrete jungles giving our mind and body a well deserved refresher.

Dear Sankar,

i envey ur friend who is staying in a dream setup and envey u bcoz ur having a friend like him.beauitful travelogue keeping the beauty of the location
Raj

thanks to all of you gentlemen for your appreciation.

@jkdas - that coconut business was to demonstrate the art of water divining
you hold the coconut on your palm, fingers together and outstretched. walk slowly with your feet fully touching the ground and move slowly around - as you reach a water source you will observe a strange pull from the coconut and as you near the actual source of water it actually stands up!
i know nothing of water divining and apparently not everyone has this "gift" - to my pleasant surprise, i discovered last week that I actually have it! thats all!:)
@raj - my friend is the most peaceful guy possible - loves animals, wildlife, the environment and if there's one person I know who has found peace, it is he! I am happy for him - truly!

cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1656965)
Like a poem; awesome travelogue. Just though the first post.clap:clap:

Didn't understand about the coconut part. What were you trying to do?

Oh and that food part ! I am hungry!