Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 22:03   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikacin View Post
Probably the rodent was interested in hitching up a ride in
your white elephant for Delhi.
May be it was also on a "Bharat Bhraman" expedition.

Jokes apart, hoe did it get in and has it done any damage to wirings
or plastics. Finding rodents in your car is sure among the worst of the nightmares.
Thankfully no damage.
This is the third one discovered. First one was caught immediately and thrown in the river, where it swam to the shore.
Second one was thrown in a small water body(stagnant), it could not swim because it was still in the cage, so it drowned to death. This one was to be "agni pariksha'd" but it escaped on its own
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Nice trip!

BTW: What is the name of the place where you did campaigning?
When i did tour of jaisalmer; i went to Sam dunes but unfortunately it was not much intresting. also did you go to national park there?

Which "model village" have you mentioned.

In future if i again do the tour of jaisalmer then where should i contact to explore jaisalmer as you did?

at last how much did the camel guys took(money)? per camel per person.
Forgot the name, but there are tonnes of desert trails on khaba-sam road. You can contact any of the safari operators, or shahi palace. Cost is 1500/person including dinner and b'fast. A little on expensive side IMHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
must be a plane or a jet....
Yes Sudev, thats a Vapor trail
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Tanveer, next time you are about to post a travelouge, send a mass PM to everyone. Holy cow, how come I came across this thread so late.

Blessing in disguise that I didn't see this thread earlier, else would have failed in my semester exams.
LOL, you want me to be pulled up for spamming or what!!!!
Old 26th January 2010, 13:20   #92
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Tanveer !! Simply Brilliant !

Last 1 hour spent on your travelogue carefully observing each photo.

The Jodhpur Pics remind me of my rajasthan Tour 2 years back
Old 26th January 2010, 23:49   #93
BHPian

Amazing, these Photos inspire the Explorer in me to get out. After my exam, Though
Old 8th September 2011, 22:03   #94
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tales from the golden dunes and the white flats

Excellent pictures and well written TL Tanveer. Your pearl white beast is looking awesome with the background.

It seems you have put up the front unit on the bumper, what is it called and which is it off? My friend owns similar color pearl white Safari and would like to put the same.
Old 11th September 2011, 14:36   #95
BHPian

I enjoyed seeing the pictures & the travelouge. Just would like to know if you had taken your Safari in to the dunes (not tracks) and did some serious dune driving like - climbing, descending, side slopping etc. Wanted to know the vehicle's capability. Was all your desert driving under tyre deflated condition say 15psi? or lower?
Also, does your Safari has got any switch to switch between 4L & 4H on 4 WD mode?
Please let me know.
thanks
Vel
Old 11th September 2011, 15:15   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
Just would like to know if you had taken your Safari in to the dunes (not tracks) and did some serious dune driving like - climbing, descending, side slopping etc.
You mean, like this:

Not likely, heh!

What you saw was more like the transport run to our deflation points, but with proper deflation and the right driver that 2-tonner can actually do quite a lot more. It can, for instance, do a Pink Rock or a Fossil Rock - though it can never climb even halfway up Big Red.
Old 12th September 2011, 00:11   #97
BHPian

Lovely Travelogue and awesome pics. Enjoyed every bit of it going through. Was not aware of Khaba and Khuldara and just did a quick search on net to find out what made 84 villages to be deserted in just one night.
Old 14th September 2011, 14:23   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Excellent Tanveer !! Simply Brilliant !

Last 1 hour spent on your travelogue carefully observing each photo.

The Pics remind me of my rajasthan Tour 2 years back

Same Here vkochar. I was there in Dec 2009.
Guess what - I wanted to upload a few pics in this thread and realised the entire album is missing from my Laptop

Rajasthan never fails to impress me, especially Rajasthan when seen through windshields of a vehicle.
Old 27th September 2011, 09:51   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Excellent pictures and well written TL Tanveer. Your pearl white beast is looking awesome with the background.

It seems you have put up the front unit on the bumper, what is it called and which is it off? My friend owns similar color pearl white Safari and would like to put the same.
Thanks.
Its a bull bar of Bimbra make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
I enjoyed seeing the pictures & the travelouge. Just would like to know if you had taken your Safari in to the dunes (not tracks) and did some serious dune driving like - climbing, descending, side slopping etc. Wanted to know the vehicle's capability. Was all your desert driving under tyre deflated condition say 15psi? or lower?
Also, does your Safari has got any switch to switch between 4L & 4H on 4 WD mode?
Please let me know.
thanks
Vel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You mean, like this:

22nd April 2011 Iftaar Bowl - Emarat 4x4 - YouTube

Not likely, heh!

What you saw was more like the transport run to our deflation points, but with proper deflation and the right driver that 2-tonner can actually do quite a lot more. It can, for instance, do a Pink Rock or a Fossil Rock - though it can never climb even halfway up Big Red.
As Steer said, I did not do much dune bashing, except at one point, where the track ended in a dune.
So I had to rev up and climb the dune on momentum.
The 3.0 liter could not manage much momentum, and got beached, blocking the easiest access.
If we had tried to rescue from the top, both would have gotten stuck, so I went down to the track again from a different, tougher path, we did the towing out, and then climbed the dune again.
At khaba village also there was lot of soft sand, almost like a dune, had some drama there too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecguy7166 View Post
Lovely Travelogue and awesome pics. Enjoyed every bit of it going through. Was not aware of Khaba and Khuldara and just did a quick search on net to find out what made 84 villages to be deserted in just one night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
Same Here vkochar. I was there in Dec 2009.
Guess what - I wanted to upload a few pics in this thread and realised the entire album is missing from my Laptop

Rajasthan never fails to impress me, especially Rajasthan when seen through windshields of a vehicle.
Thanks guys!
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed