Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 23:49   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
The End Game of dodging the bandhs and reaching Hyderabad within scheduled time was no less in the thrill quotient than the Anand-Topalov endgames seen this week. Bravo!
Hey, thanks for the parallel, it is totally flattering to be spoken of in the same breath as those greats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Awesome final writeup there Ravveendrra
Thanks, I loved writing about it. Words though, do no justice to the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram.vns View Post
Hi Ravindra,

All you 3 Hydeez are looking dashing in those Team BHP T - Shirts.

I heard that these T - Shirts are made with an approval from GTO, is that true?? Please let us know where we can purchase them.

Regards,

Vikram
Thanks Vikram. Adding to what Nazim has said, the best way to get your hands on T-Shirts is to land up for the Hyd. TBHP meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That was a great final write up to a fantastic travelogue and as you rightly said a trip of the lifetime.

Wish such a trip can be repeated in future but, not in 15 days but, it needs a whole month for it. I know for sure i will be sacked if i ask for a month's leave so for me it continues to be a dream to do this kind of a trip

Btw, the last picture with a white tbhp tshirt flanked with 2 black ones look cool and an apt sign-off to this momentous travelogue.

Great Job to all of you
Hi Avi, WB.

I am not calling it 'the trip of a lifetime' as I hope to do something similar or even better sometime in the future! For now of course, this remains a high point, right up there with Delphi, Olympia, Thira etc.

A month would be tooooo long. About 18 days should suffice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
So all's well that ends well, eh? Fantastic travelgue, guys! The last narration of the ordeals faced during the return trip was fantastic!
LOL Venu saab, it was no ordeal at all, the whole experience was quite enjoyable and we were very comfortable throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
"First time is always special” and you should be really proud for this first time achievement and I bet we all remember who has done anything for the first time. Neil Armstrong, Edmund Hillary ….. Ravvs, Arun & Nazim please take a BOW
Thanks ranjith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Thank You for the kind words! We have thoroughly enjoyed sharing this travelogue on T-BHP!

I just went through the complete 20 pages again!
And it's already 4:10 AM and tomorrow is not a holiday!
Guess its time you did another trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What a tale! What a tale !

More than you guys, the little champ is great who could go through with ease !
Very nice read. Congrats on a Great-Great trip.
Too true, the little fellow contributed in many ways including officiating as the quartermaster and handing out food from the goodie bag / ice-box. He had a distinct advantage as he was the only chap who could stretch out flat on the seat to sleep!

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2010, 00:08   #302
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Excellent stuff there ravveendrraa. Great long trip! For the first time I saw pics of Brahmaputra!
Old 19th May 2010, 10:10   #303
BHPian

most comprehensive travelogue

Great job of not only documenting the whole travelogue but for sharing with all of us. Hats of to you. !!!
Old 19th May 2010, 12:10   #304
BHPian

Brilliant trip! I am from Assam and its wonderful to know that people do know about the NE now atleast through your travellouge. Just one thing which you missed in this trip is a visit to Kaziranga (open only in the winters and home to the 1 horned rhino) since you were in Tezpur. Its lovely and I hope you will make it there sometime soon!
Old 24th May 2010, 06:34   #305
BHPian

Awesome trip!! Just like the previous week(reading smartcat's travelogue), I was awake the whole night(it's 6.30AM now) to finish the travelogue. You guys rock! Hats off to the little one and your Laura Wishing you thousands of miles of memorable trips...
Old 24th June 2010, 23:50   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ravvs, thats a wonderful begining with some awesome teaser pictures to boot. Can't wait for the full renditions and pictures of D90 and 60 as soon as you return.

Have fun in Shillong and bring back a couple of nice looking chowmein for me and RR.

Wish the AP-AP gang a wonderful and prosperous New Year-2010
Hi Ravveennddrraa () and mobike008!
Shillong!!! That brings memories; I spent 12 years of schooling there, ending 1978.
Do post some pics and descriptions of what you experienced there. I'd love to see what's happened to the place.
Cheers!!!
SanSabh
Old 25th June 2010, 00:18   #307
Senior - BHPian

@SanSabh,

Please go through the 20+ pages of this travelogue! We have already reached the end and there are no more pics to share and, we have posted all that we have seen at Shillong!!

Nice to know that you did your schooling there... it's one of the most beautiful places to live!
pulsar56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2010, 15:00   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
@SanSabh,

Please go through the 20+ pages of this travelogue! We have already reached the end and there are no more pics to share and, we have posted all that we have seen at Shillong!!

Nice to know that you did your schooling there... it's one of the most beautiful places to live!
Sorry,
I should have noticed the page numbers at the bottom!
My mistake.
Yes, Shillong is Heaven on Earth. I think it's more beautiful than Kashmir, and to think I had to leave it (I have to go back)!!
Cheers!!!
Sanjeev
Old 25th June 2010, 19:09   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Brilliant trip! I am from Assam and its wonderful to know that people do know about the NE now atleast through your travellouge. Just one thing which you missed in this trip is a visit to Kaziranga (open only in the winters and home to the 1 horned rhino) since you were in Tezpur. Its lovely and I hope you will make it there sometime soon!
Kaziranga was part of our initial itinerary! But we had to drop it at the last minute due to lack of time and political situations when we were doing the trip.

Hope to do Kaziranga in the next NE trip. (Maybe sometime next year) This year, we are planning for beaches!
Old 25th June 2010, 23:52   #310
BHPian

We took the road into Kharagpur and checked out the Hotel Park (but not before Arun and Nazim checked out the IIT). We had a nice lunch there and plonked down 1K for 2 rooms for the night of the 2nd January (in hindsight - an error).
Definitely an error!
There is no such thing as a proper Hotel in Kharagpur.
I should know, having studied Architecture there for 5 years!
I think what you checked into was what was previously known as "Anarkali", a garden restaurant. To confirm this, just check out whether it was run by a Surdie couple, and whether you had PBM (paneer butter masala) and "Guru" beer. Also check if it was located in Chhota Tengra, about 500 m from the IIT gate and railway crossing.
I think I'm gonna cry! Anark's has turned into The Park!?
Boo Hoo!!!
Sanjeev
Old 26th June 2010, 00:39   #311
BHPian

Mercifully the check-post at Bhalukpong was not crowded and we were shooed-in in about 5 minutes. We spotted ADC's TMT but were not able to see them and presuming (correctly) that they were having b'fast somewhere, we proceeded.

I've white-water rafted down the Kameng from Bhalukpong (no inner-line permit!) down to a place called point D. Without any safety equipment.
It was terrifyingly great. I'd recommend it to anyone!
Cheers!!!
Sanjeev
Old 26th June 2010, 08:55   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSabh View Post
Definitely an error!
There is no such thing as a proper Hotel in Kharagpur.
I should know, having studied Architecture there for 5 years!
I think what you checked into was what was previously known as "Anarkali", a garden restaurant. To confirm this, just check out whether it was run by a Surdie couple, and whether you had PBM (paneer butter masala) and "Guru" beer. Also check if it was located in Chhota Tengra, about 500 m from the IIT gate and railway crossing.
I think I'm gonna cry! Anark's has turned into The Park!?
Boo Hoo!!!
Sanjeev
Well definitely the Park - Kharagpur, no relation of the Park - Calcutta. I am not sure about the garden restaurant bit but the other description fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSabh View Post
I've white-water rafted down the Kameng from Bhalukpong (no inner-line permit!) down to a place called point D. Without any safety equipment.
It was terrifyingly great. I'd recommend it to anyone!
Cheers!!!
Sanjeev
Now you tell us!

Great to see your memories come alive on this thread. Keep them coming.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2010, 10:12   #313
BHPian

Errm ......... someone said " this year , we are planning .............. "

Shotgun !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks