Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:25   #1
BHPian

Short run to Chikka Tirupati

After a long time a trip was planned. It was a very short run, most probably shortest in TBHP standard - 56 km in total.

However the trip had its significance elsewhere, it was meant to introduce our daughter, all of 40 days, to road travel. And hence we chose a short distance for the first ride. As we stay near Sarjapur Ring Road junction, chose the route through Sarjapur out of the three routes digged out from TBHP archives.
Short run to Chikka Tirupati-chikkatirupati_googlemap.jpg

After a leisure lunch on the Chrismas holiday, we started from home around 2:15 pm. First stop was to the ATM, and then the petrol bunk. While topping up the fuel, got an apprehensive look from wife that whether I have anything else in mind (otherwise why I am topping up before such a short trip)

The road till Sarjapur Circle was well known, my usual if we are heading south in NH7. Well tarred, with some occasional patch works. After that 1 km is through Sarjapur Town, and that portion, the road is narrow and bad. Once we reached NH 207, the road again improved. In portions the road has been re-laid, in some places it is being done, but over all a smooth ride.

Short run to Chikka Tirupati-img_0749.jpg

Short run to Chikka Tirupati-img_0750.jpg

At 3:15 pm we reached the temple. A small temple, with few devotees which was actually good in preserving the calm and quiet atmosphere. We finished the Darshan of the silver-clad Venkatesh and then went around the courtyard.

Short run to Chikka Tirupati-img_0744.jpg
The temple

Short run to Chikka Tirupati-img_0743.jpg
The colourful Gopuram

Short run to Chikka Tirupati-img_0745a.jpg
Close-up of the Gopuram

After sitting for a while there, we started our journey back to reach home in 45 minutes.

Short run to Chikka Tirupati-img_0742b.jpg
Wife, daughter and in-laws

Short run to Chikka Tirupati-img_0747.jpg
I think she also loved the ride in the Safari. In both the leg, as soon as the car started moving, she slept off.
Old 2nd January 2010, 04:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Arindam, What a pleasant surprise !! Congratulations of becoming a dad of a beautiful angel.
Nice pics. Dont stop your trip just because your kid is small. If you continue, she will slowly adapt to longer journey in the car and start enjoying it (saying based on my exp).

Abhi
Old 2nd January 2010, 09:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Arindam - you're all beaming!!

The pics are nice as well
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:44   #4
BHPian

thanks akroy and phamilyman.

she is just loving the drives. when she cries a lot, we take her out in the car, and she almost immediately stops crying tested twice till date, however more sample necessary before concluding
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Arindam on birth of your bundle of joy.
she looks like born T-BHPian, very comfortable during the road trips.

Actually yesterday, my wife was enquiring with me about Chikka Tirupati
your chikka (small & cute) travelogue helped me to understand where it is.

thanks for sharing,
Old 2nd January 2010, 17:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Arindam - way to go! I too have started to give my 10 month old daughter a taste of the highway of late. She has already done a Bangalore-Mysore-Bangalore drive quite comfortably in our Safari The key is to get them started early on so that they get used to road trips.

BTW, are you using a car seat for your kid? In my opinion, car seats are a must for kids, both from a safety and comfort standpoint. My daughter loves her car seat and dozes off for hours when we hit the highway.
Old 2nd January 2010, 18:58   #7
BHPian

@Star: Thanks. And happy to be of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
BTW, are you using a car seat for your kid? In my opinion, car seats are a must for kids, both from a safety and comfort standpoint. My daughter loves her car seat and dozes off for hours when we hit the highway.
Have not bought one yet. She can't hold her neck steady till now, so may wait for a little more time.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:31   #8

I am planning a similar trip to chikka tirupati. Take out my daughter for a short trip, although she's a bit older - just over 1 year.
But i'll take the route from whitefield. Any one knows how the road is from that side ?
I saw some threads warning about the condition, but those are older (2008). Would be great to know from someone who has gone that side recently.
Old 8th January 2010, 17:49   #9
BHPian

I went via Sarjapur and returned via Whitefield last month. Whitefield side is still bad but you can visit another temple at Kalkunte in that route

Slakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarba View Post
I am planning a similar trip to chikka tirupati. Take out my daughter for a short trip, although she's a bit older - just over 1 year.
But i'll take the route from whitefield. Any one knows how the road is from that side ?
I saw some threads warning about the condition, but those are older (2008). Would be great to know from someone who has gone that side recently.
Old 9th January 2010, 00:30   #10

Thanks Slakhs,
I think i'll take the varthur - sarjapur road.
Old 9th January 2010, 07:36   #11
BHPian

Hi Arindam, congratulations on the angel in your life. And yes, a new tbhpian is getting ready quite early .

Nice pics.
Old 5th February 2010, 19:48   #12
BHPian

Thanks Rahul. Hope she acclamatizes with long travels early
Old 6th February 2010, 01:25   #13
MX6
Senior - BHPian

sweet angel you got there. Have a look at my travelogue showing photos of my daughter.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...runelveli.html
Old 6th February 2010, 09:17   #14
Team-BHP Support

@Arindam,

Not sure if it was tarred when you went. The road from Sarjapur to Chikkatirupathi has been tarred fresh. Its very nice to drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks