Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 00:46   #91

well written travel log mate... liked it very much..happy that you and your family had a safe journey..
I surely would like to mention here that you were driving my dream vehicle regardless of what people or sites say " I am yet to reclaim my Life"
Old 15th January 2010, 09:47   #92
BANNED

Just finished reading your travelouge from start to finish for the 3rd time and it never ceases to impress, be it the photos, the narration or the mood of the writer.
Superb work and looking forward to many more from your side.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:25   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
1. Role reversal is not enjoyable .
How true in every sense .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_shaan_5 View Post
well written travel log mate... liked it very much..happy that you and your family had a safe journey..
I surely would like to mention here that you were driving my dream vehicle regardless of what people or sites say " I am yet to reclaim my Life"
Thanks Shiva.. Glad you liked it. Its time you got reclaimed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Just finished reading your travelouge from start to finish for the 3rd time and it never ceases to impress, be it the photos, the narration or the mood of the writer.
Superb work and looking forward to many more from your side.
Amen to that n.devdath, glad you liked it and are liking it again when re -read.. It tried to write it in such a way that you witness it through my ears and eyes.

Thanks

Ill try to better this next time
Old 25th January 2010, 23:42   #94
Senior - BHPian

Missed the thread and so stand up after dinner and finished it.

Awesome.Enjoyed it .
How did you manage to remember day by day stuff??

Made a mental note to so a road trip sometime this year.
Old 26th January 2010, 14:22   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Missed the thread and so stand up after dinner and finished it.

Awesome.Enjoyed it .
How did you manage to remember day by day stuff??

Made a mental note to so a road trip sometime this year.
Interesting it sure is Thank You.

We managed to remember day by day stuff by assorting the pics day wise in sequence and then the toll slips. They do mentions date and time
We started to write things as soon as we were back as memory was fresh. So relating the pics and toll timings, remembering was easy.

Ofcourse, HV's log keeping strategy immensely helped.

Please do convert mental note to a real note..
Old 26th January 2010, 20:38   #96
BHPian

Awesome. Hats off to you Rahul. What a travelouge. Had to read it from start to finish in one sitting. You took me on a mental flight from pune to gulmarg.
Keep up the good work.
Old 26th January 2010, 23:01   #97
Senior - BHPian

You my friend, belong to the rare breed of TSks and Sam Kapasis. Excellent write up. Holding the attention of a reader for 7-odd pages is a task. And you managed to do it. Finished the travelouge in one sitting.
Old 27th January 2010, 12:11   #98
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Travelogue !! I read through half of it yesterday and the balance just now.

Very very god FE for a Safari - 14 kpl !
Old 27th January 2010, 20:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Awesome. Hats off to you Rahul. What a travelouge. Had to read it from start to finish in one sitting. You took me on a mental flight from pune to gulmarg.
Keep up the good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
You my friend, belong to the rare breed of TSks and Sam Kapasis. Excellent write up. Holding the attention of a reader for 7-odd pages is a task. And you managed to do it. Finished the travelouge in one sitting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Excellent Travelogue !! I read through half of it yesterday and the balance just now.

Very very god FE for a Safari - 14 kpl !
Thanks for the encouragement guys.. Appreciate your comments and am glad you enjoyed escaping to Gulmarg.

FE was good coz I sedately drove in 80-100KMPH range. Now thats what my friends tell me is control...

It very seductive to feel & see the beast pull with little or more dab on the accelerator in 3rd , 4th or the 5th gear and for that seductiveness I paid Rs.500/- near GGN to the interceptor.
Old 28th January 2010, 22:47   #100
Team-BHP Support

Rahul, i really enjoyed the narrative. I purposely waited till the entire log was complete, and then read it in one go!

Its good to see you are using the Safari for what its really good at.. as a tourer.
So, where to next?!
Old 9th June 2010, 13:52   #101
BHPian

Rahul...beautiful pictures...nice writeup...really it was a great trip looking at those pics...

but you could have taken the amritsar route...its really nice...infact 100 times better than the pathankot - mukerian route. we did a sonepat-katra-amritsar-sonepat trip a month back and roads were in pretty bad shape past jalandhar.. and amritsar is foodie's paradise...

BTW me and my bro are planning a trip to srinagar - gulmarg next weekend. how are road conditions past jammu till srinagar - gulmarg as we would be doing this in our old trusted santro... HV sir...tsk..jk sir...guyz any updates on the road conditions...would it be gud to go ahead with the trip at this time of season....

waiting for your updates...
Old 9th June 2010, 15:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Road from Pathankot to Jammu is very bad. So, avoid Jammu and turn off NH1A after Kathua at Dyala Chowk and go via Challam direct to Udhampur, you will also save some 40 kms in the bargain. This sort cut road is good. The rest of the road from Udhampur to Srinagar is good..
Old 9th June 2010, 21:28   #103
Senior - BHPian

@arjun_crsce i followed hvkumar's advice and wasnt dissapointed. Trust me on this.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:13   #104
BHPian

Thanks hv Sir and rahul for updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Road from Pathankot to Jammu is very bad. So, avoid Jammu and turn off NH1A after Kathua at Dyala Chowk and go via Challam direct to Udhampur, you will also save some 40 kms in the bargain. This sort cut road is good. The rest of the road from Udhampur to Srinagar is good..
Thanks hv sir for the update. i did check the maps for the route and yeah it looks perfect.

@rahul..agreed.

Just waiting for my bro and friend to get their leave sanctioned and we are ready.
Old 26th June 2010, 11:49   #105
Senior - BHPian

Lovely & uncomplicated writeup.excellent.thanx for sharing the details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks