Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 11:36   #46
BHPian

Good Travelogue and Nice Adventure I should Say. Nice Pics and here's looking to more travelogues from you. Hopefully, you will be allowed to drive more without any further driver help
Old 18th January 2010, 13:02   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Good Travelogue and Nice Adventure I should Say. Nice Pics and here's looking to more travelogues from you. Hopefully, you will be allowed to drive more without any further driver help
Thanks KRRaj...Although I was OK with ghat driving .. I need to come out of acrophobia as soon as possible and be confident while driving ghats ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@Sriswe, Nice photos. Dont think people dont like them!

That just they don't get back. I was there Dec first and like everyone, I was also enchanted by the place. Keep going !
Thank you ampere..I definitely want to do Munnar trip again, but not in peak season..I guess Sept/Oct will be best suited when there will be very less tourists ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
hey sri..super travelogue with lovely pix. waiting to know when u finally reached hyd. very intresting. only sour thing is your folks were not confident about your ghat driving skills. but i must say you did a good job!
Sameer, Thanks for the comment..Updated the thread with Day 7 details..you can check them ... As said earlier, I was confident with the drive on ghats, next time I will first drive on some small hills with wifey and assure her about my driving...so it would not block my hill station tour options in future ... :-)

Forgot to mention, My power steeting pump damaged when the car hit a huge pothole @ 80KMPH speed..(between Mydukur - Macherla)..I heard a loud bang from the bottom of front right wheel. Stopped the car and checked, not observed any thing..So just continued our journey..Only after a day I noticed the fluid leaking from the power steering pump.. Got it replaced in servicing ( costed 6K, I think)...
Old 18th January 2010, 13:52   #48
BHPian

Ah Finally you made it to Hyd. You had planned some route but destiny took you to so many new places and you had a nice adventure. Very nice. I did not understand the logic of sending your wife and mom-in-law by bus to Hyd from Pulivendula.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:05   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Thank you ampere..I definitely want to do Munnar trip again, but not in peak season..I guess Sept/Oct will be best suited when there will be very less tourists ...
I would say Dec first week is the ideal time. You will be at the end of monsoons. Not too late to avail the monsoon packages of resorts before they hike for Xmas/new year. At the same time, you would have beaten the X-Mas/New Year rush.

Thats the ideal time for a any vacation.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Ah Finally you made it to Hyd. You had planned some route but destiny took you to so many new places and you had a nice adventure. Very nice. I did not understand the logic of sending your wife and mom-in-law by bus to Hyd from Pulivendula.
Yes..we have seen many new places and it was adventurous... Main priority for us is to reach Hyd as soon as possible. As all roads towards Hyd are getting blocked .. ( we heard news of NH9, NH5 getting blocked at places and NH 7 is already blocked), if we don't reach Hyd sooner, may be this Sagar route get blocked as well.. I was driving all the way from Blr and I could not drive through out the night ...Luckily we had a Bus ( which is relatively safe) to Hyd... So considering the safety factors as well as our priority we decided that both wifey and her mother gets into bus and reach Hyd before any other block happens :-) .... Me and father-in-law can go later after resting some where and we dont have any issues to stay for another couple of days (if any road block happens) roaming in some remote village roads ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would say Dec first week is the ideal time. You will be at the end of monsoons. Not too late to avail the monsoon packages of resorts before they hike for Xmas/new year. At the same time, you would have beaten the X-Mas/New Year rush.

Thats the ideal time for a any vacation.
Ampere, will keep your suggestion in mind...Thanks :-)..
Old 18th January 2010, 22:49   #51
BHPian

Thats a nice travelogue. Full of adventure and very good narration. Enjoyed it very much. Thank you.
Old 19th January 2010, 10:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Thats a nice travelogue. Full of adventure and very good narration. Enjoyed it very much. Thank you.
Thanks dreamdiesel...Your comment made me very happy !
Old 19th January 2010, 18:52   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post

For Me:

All in all its a wonderful experience and I felt I became a much better driver after this trip. Driven on all sorts of roads and it is like a start for many more tirps to come in future...:-)
The narration & pictures were excellent. The summary & self assessment is very good. I feel it is always a good exercise to review the whole trip & to see what we gained from it. When you say you became a much better driver, that shows your confidence for the future trips.
Old 20th January 2010, 08:42   #54
BHPian

sriswe,
nice travelogue... thanks for sharing your experiences and for those nice snaps. regarding the driving skills, it was a surprise for me that you covered these four states with a learning license!!!!!!!!
Old 20th January 2010, 11:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenjatti1 View Post
The narration & pictures were excellent. The summary & self assessment is very good. I feel it is always a good exercise to review the whole trip & to see what we gained from it. When you say you became a much better driver, that shows your confidence for the future trips.
Thanks Naveen, 50 % of the tour went well as planned (Till Munnar), but the rest is a sort of adventure....Having driven more than 18K KMs in one year ( most of the drive was on highways), I was always confident about my driving and this trip increased that confidence..

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.1979 View Post
sriswe,nice travelogue... thanks for sharing your experiences and for those nice snaps. regarding the driving skills, it was a surprise for me that you covered these four states with a learning license!!!!!!!!
i.1979, thanks for your comment. I have renewed my learning licence 2 times and was driving around 1 year with valid learning licence..booking a test drive slot became difficult (we need to wait for 1 month for a slot) and somehow I forgot about it..However, after this trip I took the test drive and had my permenant driving licence...
Old 20th January 2010, 11:45   #56
BHPian

Hello friend,

Thanks for sharing a wonderful travelogue with many stunning pictures.

Best time to visit Munnar is November to March, rain won't trouble you much and the scenic beauty will be maximum.
One suggestion, always try to book hotel/resort in advance, especially if you are travelling to unfamiliar destinations. It is better to schedule the trip in a leisurely manner, keeping some extra days.

Good that you didn't get into major trouble by driving with a learner's licence, it was too much, utter foolishness.

Anyway, good luck for more travel experiences & looking forward to your travelogues (only after getting a valid driving licence)
Old 20th January 2010, 15:42   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE RUNNER View Post
Hello friend,

Thanks for sharing a wonderful travelogue with many stunning pictures.

Best time to visit Munnar is November to March, rain won't trouble you much and the scenic beauty will be maximum.
One suggestion, always try to book hotel/resort in advance, especially if you are travelling to unfamiliar destinations. It is better to schedule the trip in a leisurely manner, keeping some extra days.

Good that you didn't get into major trouble by driving with a learner's licence, it was too much, utter foolishness.

Anyway, good luck for more travel experiences & looking forward to your travelogues (only after getting a valid driving license)
Thanks Kite Runner, Glad that you enjoyed the log. How about the crowd in Feb-March in Munnar? As you said, booking the hotel/resort in advance is good, for this trip it didn't happen. Regarding trip plan, we had a initially thought of starting on Sept 26, but it is postponed to Sept 28th and that too we started very late..Otherwise, it would have been much better..Yes, was a bit lucky on learner's license, and after the trip I got the permanent driving license.
Old 2nd February 2010, 08:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

I like your narration & appeared like reading a diary. Good one & I'm happy for you that you were able to cover all southern states. Lucky you.
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:36   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I like your narration & appeared like reading a diary. Good one & I'm happy for you that you were able to cover all southern states. Lucky you.
Thanks aargee..I was also happy for covering the 4 states ( although the stay was less in each)..May be some other time I wish I could do a trip covering all important tourist destinations in all the 4 :-)
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:57   #60
BHPian

Sre. Liked your travelogue very much. It was truly a travelers' diary with excellent pics of Munnar. Your unplanned detours made your journey even more memorable ! Yes, Such unexpected things make us anxious when we are with family, but overcoming them with courage and tactfully, leavs us with adventourus memories forever. Well done friend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks