Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 16:45   #1
BHPian

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore

Started by 9:30 in the morning from Bangalore and drove through Hosur -- Rayakottai -- dharmapuri -- Thoppur -- Mettur -- perundurai -- tiruppur -- palladam -- pollachi -- Topslip --Parambikulam -- Valparai -- Bangalore

Since i have decided to got completely through villages we went through the above route. This route is very scenic with very few potholes in the entire stretch. Of course once you reached the forest reserve the roads are not good, But, that is only 14 kms in the end.

As i drove the stretch in the morning we stayed in a typical village near pollachi (my friends place)

Took the ticket in the entrance of the forest area (tamilnadu) for two people with still camera costed a entrance ticket of 70 rupees.

Reached the reception of Topslip and took a elephant ride (400 Rs for 4 people) since i wasn't sure about my kid's co-operation during ride we decided to pay entire 400 for 2 of us.

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc09008.jpg

It's a 45 ~ 50 minutes ride inside the jungle where we sighted two bisons and two black monkeys (Langur) and back.

From there the trip continued inside forest - Reached kerala in some 12kms from topslip and reached Parambikulam (kerala) for a safari of 3 hours 140 rupees per person which includes sightseeing of Parambikulam dam, kannimara Teak tree (found as one of the largest growing teak tree in the world -- 450 years old)

They also have jungle stay options starts 1000 per person inside jungle without electricity, the Guide can cook for you and we have to bring groceries by our own (from parambikulam village)

Sighted a crocodile, some Deers, Bisons, Wild boars, Peahens and Peacocks, An elephant with calf and a group of 6 elephants. it was the last safari trip of the day and hence the animals started moving around (this was the good chance for us to sight them)

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-ele.jpg

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-more-ele.jpg

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc09117.jpg

Reached back to the eco center (where you start for the safari in parambikulam) and started to anamalai (the nearest village down the hills) by 6:20 P.M. The entire trip is paid due to that starting time. On our way back we had sighted more than 10 ~12 Huge bisons together near road and i rushed from there without photographing them (infact i didnt even think about snapping them) after that a group of wild boars were crossing the road with its scaring teeth. Oops !! i could brake suddenly when one of it diving across, Spotted a big bat in the light flood, A wild squirrel and a mongoose (in Tamil it is keeri pillai) and drove carefully down hills and stayed in another friends place.

Next day morning went to my friend's relations paddy field to have a look and started to valparai.

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc09081.jpg

The Highway department was laying road and by mistake they spilled a full tank of TAR on the road which mad a small mess in my right side tyres. Stopped the car aside and cleaned the Tar as much as possible and started to the hilltop.

The day on valparai wasn't that good as it was very sunny. Seen a nice waterfall on the way after monkey falls and a nice view of Dam from the top and some tea plantations

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc09109.jpg

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc09113.jpg

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc09120.jpg

Had a food @ Chettinad mess a full meal, plain biriyani + a chicken fry for Rs 83/-. On our way back we had seen some thick fog and drove full stretch to bangalore.

Total kms - 971kms Including local sightseeing.

Valparai to bangalore - 450kms. via valparai -- pollachi -- palladam -- tiruppur -- Salem -- Krishnagiri -- Hosur -- Bangalore

Overall Mileage - 14.5kmpl

Stay - @ Friends places
Attached Thumbnails
Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-damview.jpg  

trtraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2010, 17:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi

That is a very good travelogue
the place looks fresh and not frequented
can you post a google route map for the benefit of people like me ?

thanks for sharing.
Old 4th January 2010, 18:38   #3
BHPian

very nice travelogue raj, very scenic and i love wildlife. wish you have some more pics.
Old 4th January 2010, 19:17   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi

That is a very good travelogue
the place looks fresh and not frequented
can you post a google route map for the benefit of people like me ?

thanks for sharing.
Here it is, Also you can enroute via krishnagiri - salem (national highway with 4 way completed) - take left after perundurai before avinashi at perumanallur (on the way to coimbatore) - Tiruppur - Palladam - Pollachi

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-blrpol.jpg

srikanth, As i was traveling with my kid i could not make more pics.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, that would be very useful to me.
from the map it appears closer to Kodai,
may be i will plan and include these locations when i visit Kodai.

Are there any resorts or home stays at these locations ?

regards,
Old 4th January 2010, 20:30   #6
BHPian

Nice travelogue trtraj. Though I have been to Topslip last year, would like to do Vaalpaarai sometime this year.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:50   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Thanks, that would be very useful to me.
from the map it appears closer to Kodai,
may be i will plan and include these locations when i visit Kodai.

Are there any resorts or home stays at these locations ?

regards,
If you want to stay inside jungle (without electricity) you can book it in parambikulam forest department in advance

In valparai i haven't stayed in my trips it was always just a day trip and then we come down.

But, When I went last time we went for an adventurous trip to a place called Chinnakallar after valparai

We started this way

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc04918.jpg

Through this bridge

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc04919.jpg

To see this beauty

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc04921.jpg

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc04941.jpg

The creature which spills two different saliva anti-pain anti-clogging and it grows on and on and on.

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc04943.jpg

we have seen a huge bison on our way back at the end of footpath and lots and lots of the above creature "leeches" (yeah it bit all of us in several places) -- Only remedy is snuff powder or salt to remove them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
Nice travelogue trtraj. Though I have been to Topslip last year, would like to do Vaalpaarai sometime this year.
All the nest for your trip. Try to make parambikulam if you are interested in wildlife too :-)
Old 4th January 2010, 22:00   #8
BHPian

I dont recall the last time, someone mentioned about sighting a crocodile. You are very lucky indeed.
Old 4th January 2010, 22:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Raj for those brilliant pictures.
i can imagine it is as basic and as rustic as possible.

for sure i would like to try out such a trip, probably once my daughter grows up a bit. or a bachelore trip with friends.

thanks for sharing the details
Old 6th January 2010, 14:28   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
I dont recall the last time, someone mentioned about sighting a crocodile. You are very lucky indeed.

I missed that tongueless giant's pic... Here it is... Actually the croc didn't attract me much as i seen it just next to me in Ranganathittu

Liesure trip --- Bangalore - TopSlip - Parambikulam Forest - Valparai - Bangalore-dsc09042.jpg
Old 26th May 2010, 11:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post

- take left after perundurai before avinashi at perumanallur (on the way to coimbatore) - Tiruppur - Palladam - Pollachi
Hi trtraj,

Approximately how far is this left turn after Salem?

Am planning to drive to Valparai this weekend.
Should I drive through the towns of Tiruppur, Palladam or are bye-pass roads available?
Old 26th May 2010, 13:43   #12
Team-BHP Support

Drive all the way till Avinashi on NH47. You should see a turning forr Palladam.
You do not need to go to Tiruppur.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

No need to go via Tiruppur etc. Go upto Perundurai, get into the town, carry on straight (marked as Palani) continue until Dharapuram. From Dharapuram take the road to Udumalaipettai. From Udumalaipettai continue onwards towards Pollachi until you reach a place called Poolankinar from where the road to Anamalai takes a left, its well marked. Take this road and continue all the way until you get a sign which says Aliyar / Valparai to your left and Pollachi to your right. This is the point where you touch the road from Pollachi to Valparai. Take a left and you are on your way to Valparai. The roads are good all the way.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:26   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
No need to go via Tiruppur etc. Go upto Perundurai, get into the town, carry on straight (marked as Palani) continue until Dharapuram. From Dharapuram take the road to Udumalaipettai. From Udumalaipettai continue onwards towards Pollachi until you reach a place called Poolankinar from where the road to Anamalai takes a left, its well marked. Take this road and continue all the way until you get a sign which says Aliyar / Valparai to your left and Pollachi to your right. This is the point where you touch the road from Pollachi to Valparai. Take a left and you are on your way to Valparai. The roads are good all the way.
Is'nt going via Udumalpet a roundabout? You can go straight to Palladam after you drive till Avinashi on NH47. Then continue to Valparai from Pollachi. No need even to go to Kangeyam/Dharapuram/Udumalpettai detour from Perindurai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks