Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 16:42   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Good use of the 12-24 ! Great pictures, as always.
Old 7th January 2010, 17:11   #17
BHPian

Fantastic photography. 10 out of 10 to you.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roameo View Post
Nice start to your travelogue and stunning pics. I visited Teerthahalli in Sep'09 and stayed at Vihangama. Visited Kuppali, Jog, Agumbe on the way to Udupi. A most memorable trip captured in my travelogue:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ald-route.html

Quality of my pics are no where close to yours though.

Waiting eagerly for more of your experience and pics to see the region through your eyes.
Hey roameo I am no expert, just capture what pleases my eye and post my experience here. BTW I read your travelogue, made for a nice read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Good use of the 12-24 ! Great pictures, as always.
Thanks swamygale.I am still dilly dallying over a few pictures which should be posted. We have a few similar pictures so maybe I will minus the similar ones and post the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
Fantastic photography. 10 out of 10 to you.
Thanks sidd, there are better photographers here than me.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:27   #19
Team-BHP Support

Riju! Hurry up will you, excellent stuff so far
Old 7th January 2010, 23:16   #20
BHPian

Excellent snaps...the beach snap is so alluring that I feel like returning to Kundapur ! Sad, I coulnt take many snaps of the places that we tread due to camera memory issues. Please keep them coming

Last edited by s3va : 7th January 2010 at 23:17.
Old 8th January 2010, 08:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Riju! Hurry up will you, excellent stuff so far
jaggu will try and finish up by this weekend. Just that I have too many snaps and am still deciding what needs to be put up here. RAW images needs some work and am sure you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Excellent snaps...the beach snap is so alluring that I feel like returning to Kundapur ! Sad, I coulnt take many snaps of the places that we tread due to camera memory issues. Please keep them coming
Thanks pal, I wont dis-asspoint you.The biggest problem I have faced is driving and clicking, it just doesn't seem to go well.
Old 8th January 2010, 09:37   #22
BHPian

Riju Saar, Absolutely fanatastic pics. Have been a big fan of your travelogues. After reading yours and Roameo's account of Kupalli, a visit to the place is now inevitable.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Day 3 : 28th Dec

I wake up to the sound of the waves.I need my bed coffee and ask the staff to bring me a cuppa. Served hot and I am sitting at the bench in front of my cottage and notice quite a few things. Life here is pretty slow, no deadlines to meet, no presentations to make, no updates to be given to any tom,dick or harry. People do things at their own pace. Everything that moves is in peace and no chaos, no mad honking, no growling nothing at all.

I sit back and watch the drama of what real life is unfolding in front of my eyes. How I wished our lives were a tad bit slow in the current day. Pull my camera out and decide to capture whatever I could.

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-1-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-2-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-3-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-4-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-5-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-6-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-8-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-9-large.jpg

Somebody I know is also at the beach peacefully clicking away panorama's.

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-7-large.jpg

Today its beach day. Use the beach as much as we can coz from tomorrow we have other plans.My wife has gone ahead and booked the boat ride to the Lighthouse island.Comes as a surprise to both maggie and me. Its a 30 mins boat ride from Turtle bay. We are being asked to pay 500 bucks per couple. Cheap !!

Ajmat's colleague Srikant and family too joins us for the boat ride. We are off to the island now. Here's what we saw en-route

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-10-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-101-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-11-large.jpg

This is a part of the boat ride too. Dolphin spotting

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-12-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-13-large.jpg

Spot this trawler in the sea and they offer to show us how they pull their nets from the sea.

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-14-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-15-large.jpg

A new intruder who wants his share too

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-16-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-17-large.jpg

This gentleman needs a ride to a nearby island. What best way to get him there , we tow him .

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-18-large.jpg

The 1st glimpse of the island where we have anchored.

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-19-large.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 8th January 2010 at 11:09.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

By now we are on the island and given our 1st preview into the sea life. Hermit crab's, sea urchin's, the regular crab(whatever its called) et all. We ensure that everything is left back to where it has been picked up.

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-20-large.jpg

This is the place where are for now and have about less than 2 hours. Get our life jackets on and then into the sea. We finished our photography

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-21-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-22-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-23-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-24-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-25-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-26-large.jpg

We hang around there for about an hour and half and then are on our way back to turtle bay.
The boat driver allows maggie and me to steer the boat for quite a distance. Then maggie decides that he needs to jump into the sea and then get towed by the boat. Yeah towed and not waterskiing.
Done the boat driver allows him to do so and he jumps in. Apparently this is what the dude tells maggie " saar nimma chaddi naa tight aagi katkolli illa neerinda baruvaaga irdodilla " translated " make sure you have tied your shorts string really tight else by the time we stop you would devoid of your shorts." .

hmmm , maggie does take his precautions and then we are off dragging maggie in deep sea towards our resort. He then asks maggie to swim back ashore and our beloved mod simply denies saying that he cant. Well it would have been close to 100 mts or a little more. No chances taken he hangs on for dear life till we reach shallow waters.

We tip him an extra 200 bucks for his service and are off the play some beach volleyball now with the ladies. A nice lunch at about 3pm and am off for a quick nap, so is maggie. However the kids around dont allow me to sleep.

By 5pm am back at the beach hoping for some silhouettes. Well looks like that aint gonna happen. The sun is nowhere in sight. Pull out my tripod and start shooting some long exposures.

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-27-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-28-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-29-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-30-large.jpg

A last attempt at getting some silhouettes also is futile. Aah no luck today, maybe tomorrow.

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-31-large.jpg

My sojourn:Theerthahalli-Kuppali-Agumbe-Kundapur-Karkala-Mlr-Bekal-Muzhappilangad-32-large.jpg

Tonight we are off to meet the Samurai's at manipal. I have a harrowing time driving thru NH-17 with all the private buses. None of them wants to give way and will do anything to shove you off the road even if its a bridge. Samu says it has to do with the registration. Not a local registration hence all this bullying. I still don't give up and fight my way thru the traffic.

At one point in time I was surrounded by 3 buses honking madly. I decide its enough and then let them pass.
The 130/100's and the hella's were a blessing on the NH-17. I flash my light once towards the oncoming traffic to change to low beam. If they don't respond then switch on the hella's and change to highbeams. Inevitably you could watch the oncoming fella frantically flashing his lights.

We spend some time at Samurai's house who gives us a demo of his massive home theatre setup. We watch the 1st 10 mins of Quantum of Solace where the DB-9's are totaled. Good stuff there monsieur , I need to design one for myself.

Dinner is at a Chinese restaurant in Manipal and we wind up by about 10:30pm. Bid adieu to Samurai and his family and drive back to Kundapur. Its been long day and straight away hit the sacks.

to be continued..
Old 8th January 2010, 12:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Riju as always another fantastic travelogue + amazing pics.
I was in kundapur & Marvanthe for a while on 27th Dec. Was coming back from Murudeshwar.

Riju,
a frank opinion - some pics of daddamane are over saturated.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:24   #26
BHPian

Keep going, friend! Simply loving your narration and pics.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Interesting, Very good pictures
Old 8th January 2010, 16:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pictures, you seems to have invested not only in a good camera, but also in learning finer points of photography and showcasing/presenting the pictures in the best possible way.

great going, i am slowly becoming a fan of photography.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Riju as always another fantastic travelogue + amazing pics.
I was in kundapur & Marvanthe for a while on 27th Dec. Was coming back from Murudeshwar.
Darn we should have met up, could have had a mini tbhp meet in coastal karnataka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Riju,
a frank opinion - some pics of daddamane are over saturated.
Daddamane did you say ?
Ok here is what happened, its not the saturation. I set the ISO to 1200 while taking pics inside the house and came out with the same ISO level to shoot exterior pics. Never realized till evening when I was trying to take some shots at the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Interesting, Very good pictures
Thanks dadu. I think the last day of my trip was similar to your trip in Kannur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Very nice pictures, you seems to have invested not only in a good camera, but also in learning finer points of photography and showcasing/presenting the pictures in the best possible way.
great going, i am slowly becoming a fan of photography.
Thanks starvegabond. Take it up as a hobby your patience levels will increase by leaps and bounds.
Old 9th January 2010, 12:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

WOw another good logue from the "expert"

Liked the pics, but few the colors look a bit unreal/overdone...but your framing of you pics is super!

Most Viewed