Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 14:09   #31
BHPian

Mesmerising pixs, Avinash. Love those snow capped ranges in the background. Seem a tad washed out though.....fog?
Old 13th January 2010, 14:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

@avi,
nice pics and narration.
I was expecting this travelogue.
Looking forward for mall road shopping pics.
Old 13th January 2010, 14:34   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Mesmerising pixs, Avinash. Love those snow capped ranges in the background. Seem a tad washed out though.....fog?
Thanks Anurag, yes it was foggy all the time and there was very little sun. Maybe for a couple of hours each day not more. Plus those ranges are so far, it is difficult to capture them properly in such light conditions and with such distances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@avi,
nice pics and narration.
I was expecting this travelogue.
Looking forward for mall road shopping pics.
They will be coming up shortly, maybe in the next couple of installments. One set of pictures dedicated to Mall Road

So your all set for your KL trip?

At the top, after a short hike, you will come across the Kufri Fun World. They have some rides and go karting. They coaxed us into trying it and mentioned offering their tickets for a discount. We paid Rs.700 for a couple which included all rides in this fun world and 3 laps of go-karting.

Not sure, if they charged or less. Anyone here tried Kufri Fun World?
Attached Thumbnails
Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9938.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9941.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9951.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9992.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9989.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9977.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9952.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9965.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9996.jpg  

Old 13th January 2010, 15:46   #34
BHPian

Avi Bhai, nice narration and pictures.

Any food pictures coming up??
Old 13th January 2010, 16:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

I am glued to this thread for info on my next mountain holiday! The immediate next holiday of course has to be a beach holiday just to get over the bone-chilling cold. Lolling on the beach in the sun would make us long for the brrrrrrrrr.

Any plans to drive there next time Avi? We could do Tirthan + Rohtang and beyond. Of course, we will take breaks to let let the kids do the rides, my brat too loves the rides .

Cheers,
Old 13th January 2010, 16:17   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I am glued to this thread for info on my next mountain holiday! The immediate next holiday of course has to be a beach holiday just to get over the bone-chilling cold. Lolling on the beach in the sun would make us long for the brrrrrrrrr.

Any plans to drive there next time Avi? We could do Tirthan + Rohtang and beyond. Of course, we will take breaks to let let the kids do the rides, my brat too loves the rides .

Cheers,
Ravvs, for a holiday in Himachal, i am always game. And, yes this time lets do a dash to those mountains and come back. How about planning one sometime later this year? Ofcourse, before that we can always do a Goa drive to satisfy the lolling on the beach requirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post

Thanks Brajesh bhai. Unfortunately, this time i deliberately didnt click any pictures of food. Try to fine tune my reputation which has become notorious of being a "Gorger"

However, couldnt resist a few pictures so here are of a nice curry, Khoa and cutlets that were all devoured after these pictures were taken...LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9751.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_3135.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_3072.jpg  

Old 13th January 2010, 16:24   #37
BHPian

Avi ,
Nice travelogue and good narration usual . Nice to find few Avi style Pics too.
-Ravi
Old 13th January 2010, 16:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post

Thanks Brajesh saab. I was getting doubts as to whether this travelogue was actually by Avi or not, just some reference to parathas and some pepsi board before your farmaish.

Post the response to your farmaish, I am convinced that it is our own Avi writing this and not some ghost writer.

Cheers,
Old 13th January 2010, 16:48   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
Avi ,
Nice travelogue and good narration usual . Nice to find few Avi style Pics too.
-Ravi
Thanks Ravi. Glad to know that i have my own style..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Thanks Brajesh saab. I was getting doubts as to whether this travelogue was actually by Avi or not, just some reference to parathas and some pepsi board before your farmaish.

Post the response to your farmaish, I am convinced that it is our own Avi writing this and not some ghost writer.

Cheers,

After we entered the fun world, there was one ride that scared my pants off.

It was a large circular swing that went to some real fast speeds and at one point, you will feel you will be thrown away into the deep ravines which was right next to the swing area. Fantastic and thrilling experience.

My wife couldnt get enough of it and she must have done it more than 5 times and after just once, my heart-beat had gone up into 0000's
Attached Thumbnails
Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9977.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9980.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9981.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9985.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9974.jpg  

Old 13th January 2010, 17:22   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

After getting completely exhausted with the fun rides. Now it was the turn of "Go-Karting"

We did 3 laps which got over even before it began as the track was quite small. But, atleast we got the satisfaction of doing it "on top of the world"
Attached Thumbnails
Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9979.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9956.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9954.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9955.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9994.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_9962.jpg  

Old 13th January 2010, 17:26   #41
BHPian

@Avi, what's this? both of you had control over the steering wheel. Who controlled the streering?
Old 13th January 2010, 17:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
@Avi, what's this? both of you had control over the steering wheel. Who controlled the streering?
I am guessing Avi had the dummy steering!
Nice pics.
Need to mention one point regarding the editing in picasa, will ping you later.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:54   #43
BHPian

OT: Avi, will give a software, when I come to meet you. This software I am speaking about is a great tool and you will enjoy working with it.
Old 13th January 2010, 18:56   #44
BHPian

Kufri Fun World? Seems like it is something new which has come up in Kufri. Haven't seen this around 4-5 years back. By the way, please solve the steering confusion.
Old 13th January 2010, 19:03   #45
BHPian

Avi,
The picture of the ferris wheel is really really neat. Good angle

Most Viewed