Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 21:10   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
I am guessing Avi had the dummy steering!
Nice pics.
Need to mention one point regarding the editing in picasa, will ping you later.
Did i ever sit behind a dummy steering wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
@Avi, what's this? both of you had control over the steering wheel. Who controlled the streering?
The right side of the go-kart has the control and the left one is the dummy. So i am in charge of the go-kart...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Kufri Fun World? Seems like it is something new which has come up in Kufri. Haven't seen this around 4-5 years back. By the way, please solve the steering confusion.
Confusion Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
OT: Avi, will give a software, when I come to meet you. This software I am speaking about is a great tool and you will enjoy working with it.
Thanks Nikhil. You need to explain in details what this tool can do. As i am a total software noobie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
Avi,
The picture of the ferris wheel is really really neat. Good angle
Thanks Gautam. Which picture of the two you are referring to?
Old 13th January 2010, 22:33   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Final set of pictures from the Kufri Fun World. Got to see some great looking yaks and also savoured some hot maggi in that super cold weather.

Anyone visiting Shimla, do not give Kufri Fun World a miss as its a nice place to spend 3-4 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0047.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0040.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0018.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0023.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0044.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0045.jpg  

Old 14th January 2010, 09:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, Avi. Looks like Kufri has improved by leaps and bounds over the years.

When we hired ponies to go there in Jan, 2002, I felt it was a rip off.
Old 14th January 2010, 11:42   #49
BHPian

FYI - it snowed in Shimla and kufri yesterday. Infact an unlikely candidate - Kasauli too recieved snowfall yesterday. If it will last till this weekend - unlikely.
Old 14th January 2010, 22:20   #50
BHPian

nice pictures of the mountains... keep going

Last edited by unoczar : 14th January 2010 at 22:35. Reason: none
Old 15th January 2010, 10:04   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Mall Road, Shimla

The days spent in Shimla was absolutely chilled-out and peaceful. We used to get up pretty late in the morning and after some nice coffee, get ready and head out for breakfast and after visiting Kufri and Narkhanda, we hadn't much to do. So what do you think we did?

Like any Shimla visitor, we just hung around the famous Mall Road, where everyone is busy doing "nothing"

I see all the people who come to mall road are busy gawking at each other. That's a famous time pass out there. Enjoy ice-cream in that cold weather, or you can opt for some extremely delicious hot tomato soup available from various outlets there etc.

Essentially, snacking options are exhaustive.

And, not to forget the main reason for some, sun-bathing in that chilly weather at the large open area right in front of the beautiful looking church where everyone is joslting for that limited space where sun-gods are smiling on.
Attached Thumbnails
Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0142.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0247.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0402.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0168.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0172.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0175.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0173.jpg  

Old 15th January 2010, 10:13   #52
PVS
BHPian

Hey Avi, those are some cool pics, and I guess you are all set, and raring to go for 2010!
Snow is fun, but driving on snow and sleet, can be really painfull!

Enjoy!
Old 15th January 2010, 13:01   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Hey Avi, those are some cool pics, and I guess you are all set, and raring to go for 2010!
Snow is fun, but driving on snow and sleet, can be really painfull!

Enjoy!
Thanks Praveen. How come you just enjoy our travelogues and dont get to see some pictures from your end?

Another popular pass time at the mall road in Shimla is horse back rides for kiddies and elders alike.
Attached Thumbnails
Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0285.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0295.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0296.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0291.jpg  

Old 15th January 2010, 14:03   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

With nothing much to do at Mall Road except chilling out, relaxing and watching other folks.

I happened to noticed lot of eagles hovering around in the sky, so decided to take a few pot shots at them.
Attached Thumbnails
Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0300.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0305.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0306.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0308.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0307.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0309.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0320.jpg  

Old 15th January 2010, 14:34   #55
Team-BHP Support

Your camera has a dirty sensor! Look at those dust spots!
Old 15th January 2010, 16:06   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Your camera has a dirty sensor! Look at those dust spots!
Yessire, i was waiting for someone to raise that point. That dust is present since quite a few days, being the lazy soul that i am, didnt go and get it serviced it yet. Will a regular service eliminate this problem or is there something i need to specifical do?

I tried some night shots of the dusky shimla landscape.

It's my first attempt at taking night shots, kindly do not be overtly critical
Attached Thumbnails
Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-csc_0220.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0183.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0180.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0181.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-csc_0229.jpg  

Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow-dsc_0197.jpg  

Old 15th January 2010, 16:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

^^Wow!! pandey ji,
amazing photos.
To us mortals, these photos are too good for the eyes.
But was the skyline really so yellowish and greenish. looks a bit artificial , specially the first photo of the post above.
The pictures of the eagle also have come out too good, yes but tanveer pointed out, the dust spots are visible to me also..
Old 15th January 2010, 16:40   #58
Team-BHP Support

The horizon is tilted, and sensor looks really shot! What F-Stop were you using?
Anways, try the rocket blower.
To do a before an after analysis.
Set you lens at F22, point at blue sky(with focus on infinity) and shoot.
then after blowing the sensor with rocket blower, do this again. You should see a lot fewer spots. I do this very six months since my 350D does not have a sensor shake function. One of these days, I am trying to muster courage to use Ethanol+Microfiber cloth on a plastic stick.
Old 15th January 2010, 16:41   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
^^Wow!! pandey ji,
amazing photos.
To us mortals, these photos are too good for the eyes.
But was the skyline really so yellowish and greenish. looks a bit artificial , specially the first photo of the post above.
The pictures of the eagle also have come out too good, yes but tanveer pointed out, the dust spots are visible to me also..
Trust me, i didnt play around with the color balance too much. It was a tiny weeny bit. And, the first picture i deliberately kept it that ways to make it look dramatic. But, to answer your question, the sky's color was changing rapidly and most of those colors were there in reality.

About the sensor, i need to get it resolved soon. Can't let them mar the pictures, can I?
Old 15th January 2010, 16:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The horizon is tilted,
I noticed it in the first pic

Quote:
and sensor looks really shot! What F-Stop were you using? Anways, try the rocket blower.
To do a before an after analysis.
Set you lens at F22, point at blue sky(with focus on infinity) and shoot.
then after blowing the sensor with rocket blower, do this again. You should see a lot fewer spots.
Too technical for me as yet. I need to get a SLR first to understand such technicalities.Way over my head.
Tanveer bhai.can you advise me on how to clean the lens of my powershotSD600. My pictures come a bit grainy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Trust me, i didnt play around with the color balance too much. It was a tiny weeny bit. And, the first picture i deliberately kept it that ways to make it look dramatic. But, to answer your question, the sky's color was changing rapidly and most of those colors were there in reality.

About the sensor, i need to get it resolved soon. Can't let them mar the pictures, can I?
ch ch!! I am not saying you played around with the color balance, just that the sky looks so artificial.I trust and know that those are natural color.
But you did played around with the color balance,didn't you?hehe..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks