Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 14:14   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyalto View Post
Hi Ben,

We are planning for a drive to this serene place early next month. Thanks for your insightful travelogue and inspiring photographs.
My pleasure, pal. Only glad to be of help.

Quote:
Could you please let me know if there are any "landmarks" that you remember or textually create some for me to get close to the waters? Can an Alto do it?
I do not remember any specific landmarks, since there werent any, but all i remember was that it was close to a curve in the road. I know this info isnt really of much help, but seriously, there was nothing which could be used to serve as a landmark!

What you could do is, look for a place where you can see the bank of the lake, get off and check if the vehicle can be driven down, and make sure everyone is out of the car, since you dont want to hit the underbody anywhere. Also, it shouldnt be too steep so you cant drive out.

There should be quite a few such spots, just look around.

Quote:
Also from the photos below, doesnt look like the waters are "playable" neither have you mentioned about it. One colleague of ours is water crazy , so would have a tough time controlling him if the place is dangerous or not playable. Your take on this?
Since this is a placid lake, i dont anticipate any currents such as those in rivers. At times, the water is so still you'd think the sky had a mirror in which to view its own reflection.

We didnt plan on testing the waters, so didnt come with any such arrangements. However, at the banks where we stopped, the water appeared shallow. Obviously, we dont know how it was once you ventured further.

Personally, i think there shouldnt be too many risks involved for a person who knows swimming. Ofcourse, to sound the disclaimer : Please venture at your own risk.

Looking forward to your views and report once you visit.
Old 27th January 2010, 19:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please let me know if there are any "landmarks" that you remember or textually create some for me to get close to the waters? Can an Alto do it?
You can look out for Eucalyptus trees on your right. As Benny mentioned, there is a small curve to the left and the pathway to go down to the shore is almost on the curve. There are actually two paths to go down to the lake. One is pretty steep and you may have trouble climbing back up. Go a little further and you will see a easier way to drive down to the shore. The steep path allows you to take the car to the waters edge, while the other one doesn't allow you to do that.

Confused?? Just explore!!
Old 28th January 2010, 10:29   #33
BHPian

Thanks Ben, Thanks Unni. Your replies will be of immense help to us. Will update after we are back.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:06   #34
Team-BHP Support

@Itsmyalto : Are you guys going this weekend?
Hope the directions are clear.
Old 28th January 2010, 17:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Itsmyalto : Are you guys going this weekend?
Hope the directions are clear.
Hi Ben,

We will be going early next week. It's going to be a casual drive with the destination of Pandavapura in mind. Where we will go from there is yet to be seen or maybe we even will just laze around the lake/dam and be back. Nevertheless, we will be leaving early around 7 a.m. tentatively on Tuesday. We have chosen a weekday purposefully, since we don't want any signs of human invasion in what, we are hoping, is going to be our territory - even if the place is low on tourism map.

Regarding the directions, I have gone through the directions given earlier in your post and Unni's special directions regarding getting close to the lake. I think we should be able to make it. In any event, guess there will be villagers/passersby in case we have any doubt. Thanks once again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks