Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:59   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Adding to what HVK said, the key thing is avoid "eye contact".

Eye contact in the evolutionary perspective among the 'instinctive animals within us' - may either signal intimidation or submission, both of which is harmful in those situations as we are discussing.
Wearing sunglasses will help in avoiding eye contact. Especially the dark shade ones. But make sure you don't turn your head in their direction.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:25   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Wearing sunglasses will help in avoiding eye contact. Especially the dark shade ones. But make sure you don't turn your head in their direction.
Another Good Point purporting my earlier mentioned reason.

Trust me, I have always found driving with Window Glasses up - free of Hassles.
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:28   #183
Senior - BHPian

BTW, Tirthankar, eagerly waiting for your photoblog.
I saw your Munnar photo in another thread. Very good one.
Old 24th February 2010, 06:52   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
BTW, Tirthankar, eagerly waiting for your photoblog.
I saw your Munnar photo in another thread. Very good one.
Regrets for the ensuing delay. I assure, the best will come out once I finish working on the remaining lot.
Old 24th February 2010, 07:44   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Regrets for the ensuing delay. I assure, the best will come out once I finish working on the remaining lot.
Please throw in lots of railway tracks and trains into that lot !
Old 24th February 2010, 11:32   #186
BHPian

train links

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Please throw in lots of railway tracks and trains into that lot !
I have already done that. See the three train links

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/74975-drivobloe g-40-hours-train-ing-some-real-flashbacks-mum-ccu.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tion-live.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...y-edition.html
Old 24th February 2010, 13:40   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
HVK, sir you are genuinely living GPS for travelling in india within this forum i know.Hattsoff to your skill and passion and thankyou for sharing those wonderful detailed information with us.This is why anyone who's travelling in any part of our country, finds your name first to ask,know,help anything.Keep it up.Basu, great thread and great sense of humour
+1 to above.

Also simple but very useful tips to deal with cops on highways/ cities shared here. Yes, they work most of the times.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:41   #188
BHPian

Oh my...what a blog. Truly inspiring and after learning about the NH7, I almost made up my mind to drive through that complete stretch Kanyakumari-Varanasi one day.

HVK sir, you are truly inspirational to anyone.

Tirthankar - Excellent write up. I really liked your comments on the photos.
Old 24th February 2010, 19:57   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Oh my...what a blog. Truly inspiring and after learning about the NH7, I almost made up my mind to drive through that complete stretch Kanyakumari-Varanasi one day.
You know, NH7 is the longest highway in India, at almost 2,400 kms, running from Varanasi to Kanyakumari - passing the states of UP, MP, MH, AP, KA and TN. Passes the big towns of Jabalpur, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Madurai. From Katni, 550 ksm south of Varanasi, the road will be 4-laner all the way (almost done) as part of the linkage for the NS Corridor. The road is excellent almost in its entire stretch. It starts from MH2 and intersects some major highways like NH6 (Nagpur), NH9 (at Hyderabad) and NH4 (at Bangalore). In case you like Maths, you will note that NH 7 + NH 6 = NH 9 + NH 4 (or 13)!!
Old 24th February 2010, 21:50   #190
Team-BHP Support

Sir I have seen all that.

"Dil Maange More"
Old 25th February 2010, 13:20   #191
BHPian

Bravo !!

Dear HVK and BT,
Hat's off to both of you !!

Driving non-stop on such long distances is phenominal - I salute you HVK. Your naration of the trip was full of information for all of us - Really amazing !!

If HVK's driving skills and informative narration were the main course, then BT's narration of the experience has been the perfect appetiser - Hat's off to you mate !!

Marvellous and looking forward for more action from HVK and narration from BT.

Cheers
Old 1st April 2010, 20:16   #192
BHPian

NH7 to NH7 from Hosur to Devanahalli Bypassing Bengaluru

Firstly a big thanks to Mr. HVKumar for the post on how to bypass Bangalore when heading south from Hyderabad. I took this route recently in the opposite direction while driving from Kodaikanal to Hyderabad and was pleasantly surprised. It took us less than two hours (9:30 am to 11:20 am) of comfortable driving from Hosur to Devanahalli and no where did we get stuck in a traffic jam.

I had to copy the instructions given by Mr. Kumar in the reverse. To save trouble for others who might be interested in using this route from from Hosur (NH7) to Devanahalli (NH7), I am describing the route in detail below. This will be especially useful for those who are driving from cities in the South (Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem) to Hyderabad. While there are number of turns one has to look out for, there is not much traffic, the road surfaceis quite good, and except for one place (Whitefield Railway Station Level Crossing) you are unlikely to get stuck in traffic anywhere.

1. Once you cross Hosur, you will go past the Arches welcoming you to Karnataka. The first town is ATTIBELE. There is a fly over under construction here. TURN RIGHT off NH 7 under this flyover and take the narrow road facing you. You have to go on for about 10 kms on this road. In case you are not sure where to branch off NH 7, as soon as you enter Attibele, ask the locals for the shortcut towards Sarjapura or Whitefield.

2. After 10 kms, you will see the Sarjapura Police Station to your Left. Ahead is a T junction. Right goes to Bagalur / Chikka Tirupati. TURN LEFT here – you will see a small Udupi Hotel (this place is called TC Halli Gate). You are now on the Sarjapura road, going towards Bangalore – so do not worry is you see road signs for Bangalore.

3. Continue for 5 kms until you see a BPCL Petrol Pump on your left. TURN RIGHT turn here, towards Varthur / Whitefield.

4. You will see TISB International School on your right after a few hundred metres. It is about 10 kms to Varthur town. Varthur Lake will be visible on your left. There is a roundabout in Varthur town – keep going STRAIGHT. You will see Brigade Harmony and Forum Value Mall on your right.

5. After 5 kms, you will see Kadugodi Bus Stand on our left. There is a crossing here (right again goes to Chikka Tirupati). Keep going STRAIGHT – you will be heading towards Whitefield.

6. You have to go across the Whitefield Level Crossing, below the Flyover which is under construction. You may face a small traffic jam here. In fact, this is the only bottleneck in this route. Keep going straight – you will see Sathya Sai University on your right.

7. After 7 kms, you will hit NH4 (Bangalore – Hoskote – Kolar road). There is a flyover under construction at this junction. TAKE LEFT towards Bangalore and proceed for a little more than 1 km until you reach another Flyover under construction. Take a U turn under the flyover. When taking the U turn, you will notice a Commercial Tax Checkpost on your left. After taking the U turn, you will notice a road branching off NH 4 to your LEFT. There is a huge sign across this road saying ‘Devanahalli / Bengaluru International Airport. Take this road.

8. The road to Devanahalli has light traffic and excellent surface for most of the route. Shortly after entering the road, you will see Siemens factory on your right.

9. This road is very well signposted with directions for BIAL (Bangalore Airport). Just keep following these signs. There is a junction after Bedigere village which is not signposted – take the RIGHT fork here. You will then enter a T junction with NH 207. Take LEFT here.

10. After 3 kms, you will see Devanahalli Bus Stand. TURN RIGHT here – this is the road to Nandi Hills.

11. You will now hit NH 7. Take the right turn here towards Chikballapur / Hyderabad. Chikballapur is 13 kms from this point.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st April 2010 at 20:26. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Use Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 1st April 2010, 22:37   #193
Senior - BHPian

vartakavi, thanks, that is great, I am sure we will all find it very useful.
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:35   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
6. You have to go across the Whitefield Level Crossing, below the Flyover which is under construction. You may face a small traffic jam here. In fact, this is the only bottleneck in this route. Keep going straight – you will see Sathya Sai University on your right.
As per update by adnaps, currently this road through railway crossing is closed and traffic is being diverted through FCI godown road.
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:42   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As per update by adnaps, currently this road through railway crossing is closed and traffic is being diverted through FCI godown road.
That is temporary because of the construction of the bridge across the rail track at the level crossing in Whitefield.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks