Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2010, 17:28   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
Awesome pics man, just saw them after almost a fortnight away from here.

Your trip log from Pune-Udaipur is very similar to my MUM-Udaipur trip. The times at Vapi, Vadodra and Ahd seem very identical. But I think from Chiloda you took off at good speeds. Reaching Udaipur by 7pm was a good fast driving.Cheers.

Loved the pics of the morning views as well as the night views of the palace.
Look forward to more.
Thanks a lot Longford, Longdrivelover and MX6. We did not take any video of the fireworks as it got over in just a minute and half.

Yes, I sped off after Chiloda and was at 130+ most of the time, since the road was brilliant.

I have more and more pics coming up. I feel the best pic (according to me) is yet to come ! Let the suspense remain!
Old 7th February 2010, 09:53   #137
Senior - BHPian

Hi C_L

Those are some of the best snaps i have seen, I had thought the decorated lake palace with lighting was great sight, but with the fireworks it makes it out of the world..

thanks for sharing.. you truely deserve 5 star rating

Last edited by StarVegabond : 7th February 2010 at 09:58.
Old 7th February 2010, 14:12   #138
BHPian

Chevy_lover,

Excellent Pics ... You have captured the night shots very well..Waiting for the rest ....

Thanks,
Srini
Old 7th February 2010, 22:39   #139

Hi Chevy_lover,

Great pics. actually i took about 10 days to completely see your Kodikanal trips photo, what a way to start a day ... see some 50-60 good photos of nature in various form, then once you are energized start your work. i have been doing it for last few days. Then your trip ended, i felt as if my vacation also ended.

I wanted to be on vacation for much longer time. So, I searched for your other post. Came across this one, now I glued to this one.

Everybody may not be mailing you but we fully appreciate trouble taken by you and your wife in capturing, sorting and writing such wonderful travelogues.

This is just off topic : during your end of Kodai trip you developed heavy cough, its a friendly suggestion, dont take fast cure medicines like halls, vicks etc. they may cause you more pain and discomfort in long run. As you travel very often some infection or allergy is very likely thing, consult come good homeopathic doctor and make a small travel kit bag for common ailment. This could be your first aid kit without side affects.

Thanks for making my day !!
A M
Old 8th February 2010, 00:07   #140
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Star and Sri. I am happy that you guys liked the photos of the fireworks. Sadly, it got over as soon as it started!

I have many more night shots and I will be posting them as the story progresses.
Old 8th February 2010, 07:05   #141
Team-BHP Support

CL,

Great photos as usual. Udaipur reminds of times I spent in Rajasthan (not in Udaipur though). But the state was just amazing for the simplicity of the people (The touts discounted ) and the FOOOOD..........

Those were amazing 13 years in that state for me!

Not sure if folks know, there is something called the "Pyaaz Ki Kachori" or the Onion Kachori, which is very famous in those parts of the country. I have seen the transformation from 60 Paise per piece to 10 Rs per piece ! But the quality still holds as the Kachori melts in your mouth...

Did you try on them ?

PS: I am a Veggie. So cannot comment on Non-Veg food.
Old 8th February 2010, 08:40   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Sadly, it got over as soon as it started!
Good things always come in small packages
This applies to Great Experiences too...they last for a moment only.

Look at the positive side. You were at the right time to capture those moments.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:20   #143
BHPian

Nice photos of the fireworks. Well taken as they will hardly last a few seconds. Makes me want to visit Udaipur as well. Hopefully the dream will be fulfilled in the near future. Meanwhile, we can see the city through this travelogue.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:42   #144
BHPian

CL - you continue to amuse me. What great shots. The fire crackers above the palace, and its reflection in the lake waters - just fantabulous.

As I said earlier, your log is like a nine course (or may be more) meal, I just saw your last post and photos and felt this is like sweets; but no; here you go again with a line saying "best yet to come". What man, dont starve us.

And by the way, kudos to you; its a great effort to collate all the photos, pick the best ones (especially when all of those 10000+ look the best) and then write such a detailed description. Here are 5-stars from me.
Old 8th February 2010, 11:59   #145
BHPian

Mmm, nice pcitures and thanks for the info on the rates, their sites show a total different rates.I will have to start saving for a long time to stay there...who knows i can get my son married in style there. I will defenitely call you!
Old 8th February 2010, 12:06   #146
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Mmm, nice pcitures and thanks for the info on the rates, their sites show a total different rates.I will have to start saving for a long time to stay there...who knows i can get my son married in style there. I will defenitely call you!
You get your son married there, all BHPians would come over I guess.
Old 8th February 2010, 13:35   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
CL - you continue to amuse me. What great shots. The fire crackers above the palace, and its reflection in the lake waters - just fantabulous.

As I said earlier, your log is like a nine course (or may be more) meal, I just saw your last post and photos and felt this is like sweets; but no; here you go again with a line saying "best yet to come". What man, dont starve us.

And by the way, kudos to you; its a great effort to collate all the photos, pick the best ones (especially when all of those 10000+ look the best) and then write such a detailed description. Here are 5-stars from me.
Thanks a lot for your comments and rating, Advait. The reflection of the fireworks in the water was so colourful. The whole spectacle took our breath away!!!

I am not joking when I say that the best is 'yet to come'! I will be posting many more pics today. Let me know which one is the best!!

I am really confused about which pic to post and which one not to! I have a big problem in hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Nice photos of the fireworks. Well taken as they will hardly last a few seconds. Makes me want to visit Udaipur as well. Hopefully the dream will be fulfilled in the near future. Meanwhile, we can see the city through this travelogue.
Thank you Raj. They had the fireworks only for 90 odd seconds. So it was a prize catch. I was 'walking in the clouds' when I saw what I managed to capture!

I am sure lots of readers will be tempted to visit Udaipur, by the time I finish posting today's pics!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
CL,

Great photos as usual. Udaipur reminds of times I spent in Rajasthan (not in Udaipur though). But the state was just amazing for the simplicity of the people (The touts discounted ) and the FOOOOD..........

Those were amazing 13 years in that state for me!

Not sure if folks know, there is something called the "Pyaaz Ki Kachori" or the Onion Kachori, which is very famous in those parts of the country. I have seen the transformation from 60 Paise per piece to 10 Rs per piece ! But the quality still holds as the Kachori melts in your mouth...

Did you try on them ?

PS: I am a Veggie. So cannot comment on Non-Veg food.
Thank you Ampere. We loved Rajasthan! Spending 13 years there is a great feat!

As a matter of fact, we did not try any local favourites this time, due to some past experiences! We had a terrible time in Ooty because of food poisoning, when we were about to return to Pune! So we played safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Good things always come in small packages
This applies to Great Experiences too...they last for a moment only.

Look at the positive side. You were at the right time to capture those moments.
Well said Star! The timing was immaculate!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Yes Majic, they advertise different rates and add a whole lot of taxes to the bill.

Can you imagine, even local restaurants in Udaipur used to add 14% tax to the total food bill??? I was utterly shocked when I saw my first food bill! The tax amount came to Rs. 80 odd!

In those palace hotels, sandwiches cost Rs. 500 + taxes and water will be Rs. 200 + taxes. So would you want to cross the lake all the time to have normal food from restaurants outside? And yes, Tandoori Chicken will cost just Rs. 1800 odd! Now you can do the math!!!

@ A Mukherji, thanks a lot for your kind words. I am so happy to read comments from an avid reader like you! Did you read my Bhutan travelogue? That travelogue was my best till date!

I was really down with cough and throat infection and the only way I could drive, was after having some lozenges, to put out the fire in my throat!! I think it is time I visit a Homeo doctor!
Old 8th February 2010, 15:32   #148
Senior - BHPian

Day 4 – Our 6th Wedding Anniversary....

Day 4 – Our 6th Wedding Anniversary

We woke up by 11 am on the 10th of January, which was also our sixth wedding anniversary. We wished each other and were so happy that we were in such a beautiful place to celebrate our anniversary.

We decided to visit Gulab Bagh, originally named as Sajjan Niwas Garden, that day. It was built in the 1850s by Maharana Sajjan Singh. The garden is spread over 100 acres of land and there is a library inside the garden, which was constructed by Maharana Fateh Singh. The Library is known as Saraswati Bhawan Library. It has a priceless collection of books related to history, archaeology, Indology and several manuscripts that date back to the early medieval period. The Udaipur Zoo is also located inside Gulab Bagh.

We had some sandwiches from Barista and went inside the park by 2 pm. The park was very beautiful.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-1-gulab-bagh.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-2-gulab-bagh.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3-gulab-bagh-_-ant-nest.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-4-gulab-bagh.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-5-ashram-inside-gulab-bagh.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-6-gulab-bagh-_-peculiar-fruit.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-20-walkway.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-21-beautiful-road.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-22-so-clean.jpg

But we were disappointed after seeing the zoo. Photography was very difficult because of the wire mesh covered cages! I had to try all tricks in the book to avoid focusing the wire mesh. The result is just satisfactory!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-7-udaipur-zoo-entrance-rules.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-1-peacock.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-2-peacock.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3-rabbit.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-4-tortoise.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-5a-pelican.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-5b-pelican.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-7-description-birds.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-8-rose-pelican.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-9-flamingo.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-12-small-kiddoo.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-13-mom-child.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-14-who-faster.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-15-please-take-me-along-you.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-16-time-quick-meal.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-17-gulabh-bagh-library.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-18-bee-flower.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-18-two-bees-savouring-nectar.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-19-flower-bed.jpg

Later we understood why the animals and birds were so well protected! We saw a stupid lady poke a poor Rose Pelican with a twig. The poor birdie was really upset and was screaming with all her might. I felt so disgusted seeing that woman's brainless, idiotic smile! She deserves to be inside the cage!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-10-cruelty-towards-poor-bird.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-11-birdie-screaming-me.jpg

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 8th February 2010 at 15:39.
Old 8th February 2010, 15:48   #149
BHPian

In the last picture, i think the bird was posing for you...might be thinking who is that ...what is he doing behind the cage...belated wishes for the anniversary...savour all the memories cherish it for a life time!
Old 8th February 2010, 16:49   #150
MX6
Senior - BHPian

hmm. 6th wedding anniversary. These things are wonderful to reflect upon when you celebrate your 60th wedding anniversary.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks