Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 18:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
It has been six years since we took the pledge, when we joined together in Holy matrimony. And what better way to celebrate our anniversary, than do an incredible road trip to the most romantic city in the world, ‘The Venice of the East’, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Udaipur!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Better late than never

Looking forward to a lot of pics and a good write-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Venice of the east was normally used to refer Alleppey. Udaipur also has the same title? Did Alleppey lose it ?
Exactly, thought the same when I saw the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
My dearest relative owns Kalpakavady (drive in restaurant and some cottages) on the NH47 in Thottapally (near to Alleppey). I am missing their food now
The food at both places are good. I've not been there any time recent though. All the fish talk is making me want to go home. Hmmm... 26th Jan is a holiday, time to plan
Old 19th January 2010, 22:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi C_L,

Good to see one more of your Incredible series travelogue
Please continue...
May be Dept of Tourism, Govt of India would take you as their Ambassador for the Incredible India campaign.
Thanks Star! I would love to visit and write an "Incredible" travelogue on all the amazing tourist places in India. It would be an honour if I can be an ambassador for the "Incredible" India campaign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hmmm, so you drive a Tavera, thats interesting. Not many TBHPians who tour using it.
And your signature says that you love it too. Great. Looking forward to a detailed and interesting read in the pages ahead.
I absolutely adore my Chevy Baby! He has been a terrific support to us during all our wonderful drives! I never had any discomfort even after driving for 21 hours non-stop from Goa to Trichur! He is amazing on the highway! I do 120 - 140 kmph with ease!

I will try my best to make this travelogue interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Chevy_Lover,

Eagerly looking for another stunning travelogue with excellent and loads of snaps and very well marked details.
Hey Venki, I can assure you that this will be one of my best efforts in writing and photography!

@ Unni.ak, thanks for the wishes.

@ Laluks, I personally like the Fish Moily better! It was yummy!
Old 20th January 2010, 01:27   #18
BHPian

Wow !

Just one word... Wow ! The first set of pics are great.. especially the light trail on the road and the lake palace... keep going and looking forward to the regular installments.
Old 20th January 2010, 06:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would be an honour if I can be an ambassador for the "Incredible" India campaign!
Hi C_L

Each one of us is an ambassador for our country, state, city, company, building, house, family, self. Our actions, writings, speech, behaviour with others create or destroy harmonic relationships.

You are an ambassador (without any honourarium) for Incredible India campaign now as well, becasue these travelogues are available not only to Indians but also to foreigners and help project the REAL image of India.

Please continue...
Old 20th January 2010, 08:35   #20
BHPian

@chevy_lover
Awesome way to start a travelogue. Man !!! ur first few lines had me hooked. I am no great fan of poetry but your quote was good. Hope we get to see the choicest of your 7000 or so photos. Keep them coming
Old 20th January 2010, 12:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
@chevy_lover
Awesome way to start a travelogue. Man !!! ur first few lines had me hooked. I am no great fan of poetry but your quote was good. Hope we get to see the choicest of your 7000 or so photos. Keep them coming
Thanks Ambivalent. I had quoted the same poem in our wedding invitation also! I will post the best photos from our collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
Just one word... Wow ! The first set of pics are great.. especially the light trail on the road and the lake palace... keep going and looking forward to the regular installments.
Thanks Hotstuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi C_L

Each one of us is an ambassador for our country, state, city, company, building, house, family, self. Our actions, writings, speech, behaviour with others create or destroy harmonic relationships.

You are an ambassador (without any honourarium) for Incredible India campaign now as well, becasue these travelogues are available not only to Indians but also to foreigners and help project the REAL image of India.

Please continue...
Well said, Star!
Old 20th January 2010, 13:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I never had any discomfort even after driving for 21 hours non-stop from Goa to Trichur! He is amazing on the highway! I do 120 - 140 kmph with ease!
How did you manage to do 21 hrs on that leg that too non-stop? I thought people did Mumbai-Cochin in a day these days! Besides Goa-Trichur does not appear that far; did you mean 12 hrs?

Pics sure looks good and adore night pics a lot. Look forward to your pics.

Couple of queries.
Did you get some pics from Sajjangarh as well the dusk view is awesome from there
Also, any multi-color lit up views of Jag mandir. Had some fab views in indigo,blue,green etc but the lack of tripod rendered all the pics to be sub-standard.

Last edited by longford : 20th January 2010 at 13:17.
Old 20th January 2010, 13:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
How did you manage to do 21 hrs on that leg that too non-stop? I thought people did Mumbai-Cochin in a day these days! Besides Goa-Trichur does not appear that far; did you mean 12 hrs?

Pics sure looks good and adore night pics a lot. Look forward to your pics.

Couple of queries.
Did you get some pics from Sajjangarh as well the dusk view is awesome from there
Also, any multi-color lit up views of Jag mandir. Had some fab views in indigo,blue,green etc but the lack of tripod rendered all the pics to be sub-standard.

No Longford, I meant 21 hours itself. I started our drive from Calangute, Goa by 7 am and reached Trichur by 4.30 am, the next day. You can check out the details here!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tml#post790597

I will reveal more as the travelouge starts and progresses!
Old 20th January 2010, 14:33   #24
BHPian

Hello there...Belated wishes! What better way to celebrate and what better way to share the joy..by posting a travelogue. I think the way you prepare for the travelogue message is amzing with narration and beautiful pictures.. you go on par with my friend Lalu KS. I am glued to this thread.Continue with the good work. This gives me one more reason to open the travelogue thread.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:51   #25
BHPian

Belated Happy Anniversary CL.

Read your Velankanny and Sikkim travelogs recently. Just awesome. And now here you come again with big bang. Longing to see some great photos and log. Keep them coming.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Belated Happy Anniversary CL.

Read your Velankanny and Sikkim travelogs recently. Just awesome. And now here you come again with big bang. Longing to see some great photos and log. Keep them coming.
Thanks a lot, friend! I will be starting my travelogue shortly. I was working on the story and pics, since the past five hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Hello there...Belated wishes! What better way to celebrate and what better way to share the joy..by posting a travelogue. I think the way you prepare for the travelogue message is amzing with narration and beautiful pictures.. you go on par with my friend Lalu KS. I am glued to this thread.Continue with the good work. This gives me one more reason to open the travelogue thread.
Thanks Majic. I am sure you will enjoy the photos. I have some stunning pics to be posted. I am sure, some of my pics will be the first of its kind in Team BHP. Let me keep the suspense high!
Old 20th January 2010, 16:01   #27
BHPian

Chevy_lover,

Now that I got my travelogue finished..can follow this thread peacefully ( I was also planning to revisit the Bhutan and ooty/kodai incredible travelogues, just cant stop myself reading them again)....looking forward to your log...The Chevy pic is superb...
Old 20th January 2010, 16:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

WOW... another travelogue !!

Getting up popcorn and waiting for next episode, it's going to great one for sure.

BTW, Happy Anniversary
Old 20th January 2010, 17:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hai CL,

Lovely night shots and and one of my favorite places too. I've seen truck-loads of your pictures, waited for long times for them to load, but seen most of them, awesome is the word. Your pictures captures almost whole of the routes/ place you visit...... so time consuming and yet, I wonder how you manage to do it all the time. Loved your Sikkim travalogue, it invoked the desire for me to visit there, marked it up as a must see place. Please keep your stories coming, they are a treasure house of information.

Reminds me of my travel to Udaipur last year June / July, a travalogue is out here somewhere.

Aleppey resembles Venice in many ways and IMO is the ONLY Indian Venice. Have spent lots of time in Aleppey and recently spent timea in Venice, they are similar because of the canals that criss-cross with people living in boats, Gandolas plying etc., Udaipur is more of lakes / mountains and does not resemble Venice in any way, the lakes are land-locked, nobody lives on the water. 2 years back most lakes there went bone-dry!!!!!!! Whatever the season, Venice and Aleppy never run out of water. Just my 2 bits in comparision......

@ Longford: Doing Mumbai -Cochin, around 1700 KMS through Bangalore in a day by road would be some feat. Did someone do that in TBHP??? Would be interesting how many hours or driving that took. IMO, doing Goa - Trichur in 21 hours on NH 17 is also some driving. Having driven that stretcha couple of times, knowing the road conditions, I know it's a difficult target.

--Ramky
=====

Last edited by ramkya1 : 20th January 2010 at 17:20.
Old 20th January 2010, 18:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Dear Ramky sir, thank you very much for those wonderful words of appreciation. I am honoured!

Sir ji, I always try to capture the highways and all the interesting sights en-route. I have trained my dearest better half and she has turned into an excellent shutterbug! She is more passionate about photography than me now. Otherwise she wouldn't have spent five hours on top of the Karni Mata temple, with me, in 5 degree temperature, trying to capture the perfect night shot. We took close to 200 pics there!

And here comes the best part! My wifey took 1650 photos of our highway drive, on DAY 1 . Now I have the difficult task of finding the best from the lot! I hope you will like it! I was fine tuning the photos all day today!!!

Sir ji, I read your Udaipur travelogue yesterday. The temple shots were superb! I took the night shot of my Chevy, with streaming lights, on the banks of the Fateh Sagar Lake. I got so carried away by its beauty.

We had spoken two years back about your desire to drive to Bhutan! Remember, sir? I am sure you will do that trip soon !

I agree with you completely! Alleppy resembles Venice the most, in every sense!

@ Longford, if you want to know what sort of roads I encountered in Mangalore, please see a close up picture of the moon! That is the closest resembling pic you can ever get!

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 20th January 2010 at 18:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks