Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 13:45   #121
Senior - BHPian

Hast Kala Kendra!

After visiting the ropeway, we decided to go to Hast Kala Kendra, which is one of the best shops in Udaipur, dealing in curios and Rajasthani traditional clothes. We had a great time shopping there. Their blankets, duvets and saris are very famous!

Name:  1 Hast Kala.JPG
Views: 2830
Size:  152.7 KB

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-2-view-cloth-materials.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3-view-cloth-materials.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-4-view-cloth-materials.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-6-view-cloth-materials.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-7-blanket.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-8-curios.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-9-marble-curios.jpg
Old 5th February 2010, 14:48   #122
Senior - BHPian

The spectacularly illuminated palaces....

We sped back to Pichola Lake by 8 pm to see the spectacularly illuminated palaces. It was truly a wonderful sight to behold!

We spent an eternity just gazing at the stunningly glittering palaces! Words can never elucidate the grandeur we witnessed! We were completely wonderstruck!!! A one in a million spectacle!!!
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-1-jag-mandir-night.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-2-jag-mandir-.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3-jag-mandir-red-glow.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-4-jag-mandir-_-black-white.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-lake-palace-leela-palace-night.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-b-lake-palace-leela-palace-night.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-c-lake-palace-night.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-d-lake-palace-leela-palace-night.jpg
Chevy_lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2010, 15:13   #123
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post

We spent an eternity just gazing at the stunningly glittering palaces! Words can never elucidate the grandeur we witnessed! We were completely wonderstruck!!! A one in a million spectacle!!!
For a moment time stood still. I'm unable to take eyes of the photos! This is simply out of the world. .
Here's 5 Stars from my side.
Old 5th February 2010, 15:51   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
For a moment time stood still. I'm unable to take eyes of the photos! This is simply out of the world. .
+ 1 to that. Same here.

Dear C_L,
In the morning I said to HVK sir that he made my day with a comment about me which everybody would be happy to receive from the Guru. Now I am saying it second time in the day, YOU too made my day, with those unbelievable snaps! Agreed that you always come up with beautiful shots taken with great attention and time, also agreed that I am fan of your travelogues as also your pics, BUT, these night shots of palaces are beyond all! They'll find place in any collection. I am speechless. Let me go back and have another look, and then another..and..
Old 5th February 2010, 16:43   #125
BHPian

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful....keep on going, I am going to check the prices for a stay in one of these palaces! Five stars
Old 5th February 2010, 17:48   #126
Senior - BHPian

Marriage in Udaipur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
+ 1 to that. Same here.

Dear C_L,
In the morning I said to HVK sir that he made my day with a comment about me which everybody would be happy to receive from the Guru. Now I am saying it second time in the day, YOU too made my day, with those unbelievable snaps! Agreed that you always come up with beautiful shots taken with great attention and time, also agreed that I am fan of your travelogues as also your pics, BUT, these night shots of palaces are beyond all! They'll find place in any collection. I am speechless. Let me go back and have another look, and then another..and..
Thank you very much Longdrivelover, MX6 and Majic. Thanks a lot for rating my log. I am honoured!

Since my friend Majic wants to stay in one of the palaces, let me reveal the financial statistics.

A stay in any one of the ‘standard’ rooms in the Lake Palace, Leela or Uday Vilas will cost you a minimum of Rs. 45,000 per night. And if you want a suite with a private swimming pool, you can expect to shell out anything between Rs. 2.25 lakhs to Rs. 3.5 lakhs +, depending on the season. And there is a waiting period of many months for your reservation to get through.

I heard that even standard rooms were sold for Rs. 2.25 lakhs during the New Year week.

Now comes the marriage part. Lots of celebrities and businessmen have conducted theirs or their kid’s marriage in Udaipur. They usually have the Sangeet function (?) in City Palace and the marriage and reception at Jag Mandir. The guests and the newly married couple stay at the Lake Palace. It is a package deal and it is for five days! The cost??? A cool Rs. 30 crore!!!

I am happy that you guys liked my photos of the palaces. Please let me add, without sounding too pompous, that the best is yet to come!!!

I guess many readers did not notice this photo. It was by far the most difficult shot I ever took. The time was 6.30 am and it was very dark. This sweetie was flying past me @ 60+ km/hr flapping her wings wildly, like a humming bird! I was extremely lucky to capture her in full flight!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-bird.jpg
Old 5th February 2010, 19:42   #127
BHPian

Quote:
+1 buddy and here goes my 5 star rating for this thread.

CL offlate I have been busy and I am back and I did read your travelouge again from the begining. My parents have been to this palce and I have seen the night shots of the palace, but I alwyas felt that those photos didnt do justice to the look. Your picture were awesome, I was spellbound and I was browsing through the photos again and again. Hats off to your photographic skills my friend. Keep it coming.
Old 5th February 2010, 22:09   #128
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Good one with the bird. Now I realise you seem to be using an SLR from the last few photos! Roll out the best.
Old 5th February 2010, 22:57   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
+1 buddy and here goes my 5 star rating for this thread.

CL offlate I have been busy and I am back and I did read your travelouge again from the begining. My parents have been to this palce and I have seen the night shots of the palace, but I alwyas felt that those photos didnt do justice to the look. Your picture were awesome, I was spellbound and I was browsing through the photos again and again. Hats off to your photographic skills my friend. Keep it coming.
Thank you very much buddy, for your wonderful comments!! It makes me happy to know that my passion for photography has paid off!!

Thanks for the appreciation MX6. Keep a watch on this thread. Expect the unexpected !
Old 5th February 2010, 23:03   #130
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Tried sending you a PM, only to find that your settings don't allow that.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:25   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tried sending you a PM, only to find that your settings don't allow that.
Hi MX6, there is no restriction in my account. I have sent you a PM.
Old 6th February 2010, 12:54   #132
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant fireworks over the Lake Palace....

We were mesmerized by the spectacle of the illuminated palaces. We spent a long time soaking in its beauty. Just when we thought that we had witnessed the ultimate vision of the Lake Palace, something unexpected happened! We heard some loud crackers bursting and the sky just exploded with colours!!! The Pichola sky was illuminated by some brilliant fireworks! We were stunned seeing this wonderful display of colours!

This was truly the best part of our trip! We had witnessed a thrilling scene, which we hadn’t envisaged even in our wildest dreams!!! I was the ONLY one lucky enough to capture it and I was mobbed by guys with requests for an image of that brilliant spectacle!!!

I present to you, fireworks over Lake Palace! I have never seen a pic akin to this, anywhere else!!!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-brilliant-fireworks-over-lake-palace-1.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-brilliant-fireworks-over-lake-palace-2.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-brilliant-fireworks-over-lake-palace-3.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-brilliant-fireworks-over-lake-palace-4.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-fireworks-1.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-fireworks-2.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-fireworks-3.jpg
Old 6th February 2010, 13:53   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
The Pichola sky was illuminated by some brilliant fireworks!
I was the ONLY one lucky enough to capture it and I was mobbed by guys with requests for an image of that brilliant spectacle!!!
I present to you, fireworks over Lake Palace! I have never seen a pic akin to this, anywhere else!!!
Dear C_L. Continuing to amaze us. Its thrilling, to say the least!!
Old 6th February 2010, 14:36   #134
MX6
Senior - BHPian

It's getting better. Did you manage to take a video of the fireworks?
Old 6th February 2010, 15:07   #135
BHPian

Awesome pics man, just saw them after almost a fortnight away from here.

Your trip log from Pune-Udaipur is very similar to my MUM-Udaipur trip. The times at Vapi, Vadodra and Ahd seem very identical. But I think from Chiloda you took off at good speeds. Reaching Udaipur by 7pm was a good fast driving.Cheers.

Loved the pics of the morning views as well as the night views of the palace.
Look forward to more.

As mentioned by you, strongly endorse HVK's logs for this leg and it was invaluable for me in my planning as well. I have posted mine as well with some additional details for anyone who also may be planning a trip down that side.
Link - Travel Zone

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks