Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 16:32   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
CL, Wish you a very Happy (belated) Birthday. All the pictures are beautiful. Loved the snaps of the huge helicopter landing and taking off. Rajasthan has some really beautiful places and glad that you are sharing the travelogue with us.
Thank you Dreamdiesel for your wishes! It is my pleasure to share my pics and experiences with my dear Bhp-ians!
Old 27th February 2010, 16:40   #257
Team-BHP Support

Amazing shots of the Helicopter! Happy Birthday.
I have realized that once you go to a place, eat their local food. In north I am not comfortable eating south indian breakfast, for the same reasons you mention. It may not be good, if so quantity is less and its pricy. You should have tried some Parathas !
Old 27th February 2010, 17:24   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Amazing shots of the Helicopter! Happy Birthday.
I have realized that once you go to a place, eat their local food. In north I am not comfortable eating south indian breakfast, for the same reasons you mention. It may not be good, if so quantity is less and its pricy. You should have tried some Parathas !
I must say that the food was very tasty in Hotel Maharaja! I am sure they have a south-Indian chef! But the quantity was good enough only for a two year old baby!

We had Alu and paneer parathas from that Punjabi restaurant. It tasted fabulous!
Old 27th February 2010, 17:42   #259
MX6
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Chevy_lover;1755918] But the quantity was good enough only for a two year old baby!

quote]

So the next year I plan a trip there, my daughter won't have any issues with food!
I'd guess I'll have to pack food for me and my wife then!
Old 27th February 2010, 19:39   #260
Team-BHP Support

One loooooong Rajasthan trip is long due for me too !
Old 27th February 2010, 22:44   #261
Senior - BHPian

The Datda Sea World....

We walked towards the Datda Sea World, which was about half a kilometre away from the lake. This aquarium is said to be the biggest in India. We went inside the sea world expecting to see some exotic fishes. But we were quite disappointed. After having seen stupendous Sentosa and the brilliant Sydney Aquarium, I felt that this was a shame for India!!!

The fact that they advertise it to be the ‘biggest in India’ is humiliating! Is this really the best aquarium that India could manage? No wonder we did not see any foreigners there!!!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-1.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-2.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3.jpg

The lighting inside the aquarium was absolutely the worst. There were also not too many varieties of fishes! I give Datda Sea World the title of ‘the worst place for photography’, ahead of the City Palace, Udaipur! But I tried all the tricks in my kitty and took some snaps of some of the beauties! But let me tell you it was the biggest headache of the trip!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-4.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-5.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-6.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-7.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-8.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-9.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-10.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-11.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-12.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-13.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-14.jpg

They also had a video show. They showed Killer Whales performing in an aquarium abroad and some whales hunting seals from the sea shore!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-15.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-16.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-17.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-18.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-19.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-20.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-21.jpg

We also saw a fish, the African Cichlid, so playful, that he would follow our fingers everywhere.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-22.jpg
Old 27th February 2010, 22:52   #262
MX6
Senior - BHPian

WOW. They put up videos of Sea world with Shamu there! that's the closest I guess locals can get to the original sea world. Nice. Sad to see the news that shamu killed one of his trainers couple of days back. I had a close encounter with shamu in seaworld orlando.
It's refreshing to see that video in rajasthan thanks to diskovery

And why do you consider this a shame for India? We have wonderful wild life, both terrestrial and aquatic. But Indians don't appreciate these. I see so many "wild animals" visiting zoos and making a mockery of the whole thing. Have a decent aquarium or a sea world here, same crowd will do similar things.
What's worse, we might even see Raj loves pooja kind of inscriptions on the fish tanks!
Shame for India are these moronic indians I guess.

Last edited by MX6 : 27th February 2010 at 22:55. Reason: adding more comments.
Old 27th February 2010, 23:34   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
WOW. They put up videos of Sea world with Shamu there! that's the closest I guess locals can get to the original sea world. Nice. Sad to see the news that shamu killed one of his trainers couple of days back. I had a close encounter with shamu in seaworld orlando.
It's refreshing to see that video in rajasthan thanks to diskovery

And why do you consider this a shame for India? We have wonderful wild life, both terrestrial and aquatic. But Indians don't appreciate these. I see so many "wild animals" visiting zoos and making a mockery of the whole thing. Have a decent aquarium or a sea world here, same crowd will do similar things.
What's worse, we might even see Raj loves pooja kind of inscriptions on the fish tanks!
Shame for India are these moronic indians I guess.
I agree with your point 100 percent MX6. What I said was that seeing a dirty shack being promoted as the biggest aquarium in India was shameful!

If they saw Sydney aquarium, they would surely die of a heart attack!
Old 28th February 2010, 01:04   #264
Team-BHP Support

Although the place looks like a warehouse, the fish photos have come out quite well.

By the way, chevy_lover, the incessant photo taking (by you & your wife) along with your writing style (with all the minor & major details) makes it the next best thing to actually being there. Reading the blog - it almost feels like we are travelling with you in the backseat, and then walking next to you when you go visiting places.

But why did you buy a Tavera? Do you carry lots of luggage? What other vehicles did you test drive before buying the Tavera?
Old 28th February 2010, 14:27   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
It gets that cold in Udaipur & Mt. Abu? I know it doesn't snow in Rajasthan but does water ever freezes in the pipes?
but its a desert state! where is the water?
Old 28th February 2010, 16:31   #266
Senior - BHPian

An evening at Nakki Lake.....

We got out of the sea world by 5.30 pm and walked back to Nakki Lake. We decided to spend some time there, see the sunset and then proceed back to the town. We were right on time to witness the onset of dusk and we greatly enjoyed the view.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-1-a_swan_fishing.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-2-the_gorgeous_nakki_taal.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3-nakki_taal.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-4-birds_flying_to_their_nests.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-5-hotel_lake_view.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-6-swan_swimming_furiously.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-7-nakki_taal.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-8-nakki_taal-beautiful_reflection.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-9-reflection-bharat_mata_temple_on_nakki_taal.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-10-synchronised_swimming.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-11-wifey_near_nakki_taal.jpg

The fading sunlight played with the horizon and I could capture some magnificent colours in the evening sky! We were ecstatic after witnessing a great sunset!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-12-silhouette_of_the_palace.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-13-the_palace.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-14-silhouette_palace.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-15-silhouette_palm_trees.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-16-silhouette_palm_trees_and_the_toad_rock.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-17-sunset_at_nakki_taal.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-18-silhouette_and_sunset.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-19-sunset_at_nakki_taal.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-20-sunset.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-21-sunset.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-22-nakki_taal_silhouette.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-23-nakki_taal.jpg

We returned back to the town by 7 pm. We decided to do a bit of shopping and went to a Rajasthani traditional shop and bought some curios and a three metal candle stand!

We had a north Indian dinner by 9 pm and then had our favourite sundaes and Cornettos. These ice creams were the best delicacy that we had the whole day. We were quite tired after an eventful day and retired for the night quite early!
Old 28th February 2010, 20:01   #267
BHPian

CL - that swan photo with wavy circles around in Nakki lake is one of the best have ever seen.

Star, MX6 - I dont want to restart the debate, but everyone has his/her own share of experience where our blood boils looking at those morons. Collectively, I think it can be cured; may take longer, but can be cured.

Geting back to CL's fantastic thread. CL - keep it coming.
Old 28th February 2010, 22:48   #268
Senior - BHPian

Hi C_L,

Your claimer "My best pictures are coming in the next post" seems to be well placed. I find that your successive posts have better and better pictures.

the swan in the middle of the water waves is simply amaxing.
the sunset pictures are great too.
Old 28th February 2010, 23:29   #269
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mx6, Star - Its really heartening to know there are still amongst us people who care and want to do a difference. I really appreciate the healthy debates and ofcourse will ever believe that we are amongst people like you and definitely one day we will change all this for good. We will not cease to do what we believe right no matter what it is. Cheers to our spirit.

CL- pictures are getting better and better. Please tell us the best is still to come. Waiting yaar.
Old 1st March 2010, 00:15   #270
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Hey Mx6, Star - Its really heartening to know there are still amongst us people who care and want to do a difference. I really appreciate the healthy debates and ofcourse will ever believe that we are amongst people like you and definitely one day we will change all this for good. We will not cease to do what we believe right no matter what it is. Cheers to our spirit.

CL- pictures are getting better and better. Please tell us the best is still to come. Waiting yaar.
True. I really had a nice discussion thanks to Star. It also got back some old memories as well!
yes. one day we do hope that things change.

Advait. no restarting of any debate. It was a thought provoking discussion. now focus is back on CL. but you are right. It can be cured.

Star. was good that you made me reflect on a lot of things! Thanks.

Most Viewed