Team-BHP - An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/73921-incredible-road-trip-lifetime-udaipur-most-romantic-city-world.html)

“As unique as a seashell, as deep as the sea
As eternal as the waves, our love is meant to be!
Friends forever we’ll always be!
My greatest blessing she’ll always be;
An answered prayer he is to me!”

It has been six years since we took the pledge, when we joined together in Holy matrimony. And what better way to celebrate our anniversary, than do an incredible road trip to the most romantic city in the world, ‘The Venice of the East’, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Udaipur! :)

Our road trip was truly incredible and a once in a lifetime experience! We covered an unbelievable 958 kilometres in one day, driving just 15 hours! We clicked almost 7000 wonderful snaps! We saw some amazing scenery which cannot be explained in words!

Before I start my travelogue, let me share some of our memories, which we captured forever in our camera! :D

WOW. I am sure you are going to come back with a bang CL. I love the second snap where your Chevy is parked. Keep it coming.

Hey CL,
These are some fabulous photographs.
Liked all of them but the night pic of the city under the lights and of the road is just fantastic.
Good going.

Didn't I said Beautiful , lovely captures clap:
Those night ones are lovely shot images

Great Pics pal..

Fantastic to see the Udaiur night sky from the Karni Devi Temple view. Looks like you made good use of the tripod, which I sorely missed in my trip last nov.

@jealousdiamond, the pic is wonderful. The technique is delayed shutter release using the shutter priority mode and getting it to delay by 10 odd secs. You will need a tripod though to rock steady the camera for zero vibration. Hope it helps.

Good to see you back with great photos again! Awaiting more details about accomodation too!

Hey CL
Happy belated anniversary.
Good pics.

Venice of the east was normally used to refer Alleppey. Udaipur also has the same title? Did Alleppey lose it ? :)

Wow that looks like a great travelogue with even better pics in the making...

@Elantra, thank you friend. You were the first to reply and I appreciate it a lot. Stay tuned for more stunning pics. I think I have posted the maximum number of pics in a travelogue, by ONE SINGLE Person! (1280+ pics in my Ooty and Kodai travelogue!) Please correct me if I am wrong. If I get the right motivation, I will break that record! :D

@ Laluks, thanks for the wishes. We were lucky to capture some amazing snaps. These pics were just a starter dose. Now my headache starts. Sorting out the best pics from the awesome ones, is going to take a lot of time! :D

Check out this link. Alleppy has been dethroned a looooong time back!

Udaipur, "Venice of the East" voted world's best city in travel - International Business Times

@ Pearljam, thanks. I will share all info about accommodation, with pics!

@ Longford, thanks for the appreciation and tutorial. I have a super heavy duty tripod. Nothing beats it! I think it can even hold me steady!

@ jealousdiamond, thanks for the kind words of appreciation. I will share some awesome nightshots which were NOT taken with a tripod. You will really enjoy it!

@ Fordmanchau, thanks friend! I enjoy taking night shots. I once spent five hours trying to get the best shot in near freezing 5 - 6 degree temperatures! I even woke up at 3 am to capture the perfect sunrise, in even colder, freezing temperatures in Tiger Hill! Stay glued!

@ KSM-Vtec, thanks. I will try to make this travelogue as interesting as possible! As always, I will try to take the readers to all those wonderful places with us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy_lover (Post 1690190)
@ Laluks, thanks for the wishes. We were lucky to capture some amazing snaps. These pics were just a starter dose. Now my headache starts. Sorting out the best pics from the awesome ones, is going to take a lot of time! :D

I understand the pain :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy_lover (Post 1690190)
Check out this link. Alleppy has been dethroned a looooong time back!

Udaipur, "Venice of the East" voted world's best city in travel - International Business Times

I searched around a bit.
There are many cities taking that title "Venice of the East" for various touristy reasons, most authentic and lasting one was for Alleppey.

Nowadays Udaipur, Bangkok in Thailand and Suzhou in China are all known by the same title.

It was a sudden revelation to see the contentors for the title. Many more nice places to go :D

[\quote] There are many cities taking that title "Venice of the East" for various touristy reasons, most authentic and lasting one was for Alleppey. [/quote]

I think one of the reasons Alleppy was the original choice for the above mentioned title, was because of its proximity to the sea! I still drool when I think of the Appam and Fried Fish I had in Alleppy, a long time back! :D

Hi C_L,

Good to see one more of your Incredible series travelogue
Please continue...
May be Dept of Tourism, Govt of India would take you as their Ambassador for the Incredible India campaign.

Hmmm, so you drive a Tavera, thats interesting. Not many TBHPians who tour using it.:thumbs up
And your signature says that you love it too. Great. Looking forward to a detailed and interesting read in the pages ahead.:)

Chevy_Lover,

Eagerly looking for another stunning travelogue with excellent and loads of snaps and very well marked details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy_lover (Post 1690263)
I think one of the reasons Alleppy was the original choice for the above mentioned title, was because of its proximity to the sea! I still drool when I think of the Appam and Fried Fish I had in Alleppy, a long time back! :D

Don't remind me of it.
Appom and Chicken stew.
And ofcourse the "karimeen pollichathu" [Pearlspot in a good gravy presentation] is to die for. The ones you get there are too huge and you'll eat nothing else than one fish :D

My dearest relative owns Kalpakavady (drive in restaurant and some cottages) on the NH47 in Thottapally (near to Alleppey). I am missing their food now :)