Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2010, 03:09   #16
BHPian

I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw TAJ MAHAL. No words could describe the beauty of it.
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:18   #17
BHPian

Nicknite, the pictures of the Taj was wonderful.I think you would be having more to post on.
Old 24th January 2010, 00:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Taj Mahal views

@Majic @JackSparrow

Thanks. Nothing really is out there that can awe like the Taj even though it is man made, unlike the awesome spectacle of the Grand Canyon, which is a work of nature. There is something definitely special about this place.
Attached Thumbnails
The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-359-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-368-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-369-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-375-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-378-large.jpg  

Last edited by nickatnite : 24th January 2010 at 00:49.
Old 24th January 2010, 00:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well, i've seen numerous Taj Mahal photos with different garden layouts and my opinion is that the present layout is best suited to highlight the monument. I was happy to see that the banks of the Yamuna river behind the Taj had been landscaped and the area looking free of encroachments and industry. The architecture of the gates intrigued me as they had many local motifs and not totally Islamic in design. Lots of surprises there.Sadly, the fountains were not turned on when we were there!.

More Taj views coming up later.
Attached Thumbnails
The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-362-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-384-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-371-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-377-large.jpg  

Last edited by nickatnite : 24th January 2010 at 00:59.
Old 24th January 2010, 21:41   #20
BHPian

Well, I was wondering if I alone had this feeling, but good to know that most of us have had the same experience. Infact if I knew the exact meaning of spellbound only when I saw the Taj. No words can describe this feeling. Its 18 yrs since I have visited Taj, I am sure I will experience the same feeling each and every time I visit it.

Thanks for bringing back those beautiful memories.

[
quote=nickatnite;1696068]@All

Thanks for commenting, especially gd1418 for the link.Fabulous pics.I wish i had the same camera!.

Walking through the arch and seeing the Taj for the first time was an experience i will never forget. Nothing prepares one for this!. The symmetry and style is striking but there is something magical about being there that has the world enchanted and no film or photo can replicate this feeling. Queasy as i felt about being mushy in public, a quick look around me and i saw that i wasn't alone!. It's like that over there.[/quote]
Old 25th January 2010, 11:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Nice pics
especially the highway part,i have burnt quite a few tyres on this highway from 06 to 08
Hey dude how are you nice to see you here as well... I assume you as the same akshay of HX - II pls confirm...
Old 25th January 2010, 16:04   #22
BHPian

Lovely pics, The place never gets old it seems. I have been to Agra when I was 12. I still cherish those moments and renew them with the photographs I took. I plan to scan them and add along. You might find the Taj more white in my photographs.
Old 25th January 2010, 19:07   #23
BHPian

[COLOR=black]Awesome pics. I have been planning a Pune-Jaipur-Agra-Delhi trip and I will make it someday. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Could you also share some details on how the Safari drive was especially the comfort, mileage etc? [/COLOR]
Old 26th January 2010, 00:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Taj Mahal views

Thanks again for commenting. If the photos are a bit "yellow" blame it on my camera!.The Taj is white. Infact surprisingly 'white' and quite well preserved. Obviously , a good clean up job by the ASI.
Attached Thumbnails
The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-381-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-372-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-382-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-385-large.jpg  

Old 26th January 2010, 00:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
Hey dude how are you nice to see you here as well... I assume you as the same akshay of HX - II pls confirm...
Nice pics of taj nick
yes i am
are you anshul?

Last edited by akshay4587 : 26th January 2010 at 00:15.
Old 26th January 2010, 00:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Taj Mahal views

A couple of things disappointed me that day.One, i forgot to charge my camera the previous night and ran out of battery by the time i stood in line to see the tombs.Two, one of my friends mistakenly told us that cellphones weren't allowed so we left them in the car only to find out when we reached the line, that they were allowed!. I would have taken better pics with my N95!. Well, next time.One last look at the Taj before we drove to the cantonment for some chai and peras.
Attached Thumbnails
The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-367-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-383-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-386-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-387-large.jpg  

Last edited by nickatnite : 26th January 2010 at 00:17.
Old 26th January 2010, 00:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

My ride and Agra

@akshay4587

Thanks!.

Agra was a big surprise!. I expected an old town steeped in history but i wasn't prepared for the bustling shops and mini malls that i saw while driving around. Lots of cars too and i counted three Q5's in the course of less than half an hour!. The town is famous for the pumpkin sweet 'petha' and the chai ofcourse was refreshing, both welcome after walking around at the Taj grounds.

@CasperRider
As for my ride, i'm not a great fan of the Safari, but this was the first time i took an extended ride in the car and i must give credit to TATA Motors for refining it through the years.The engine is the best feature if the vehicle and the fuel economy was quite good as my friend who owns it was satisfied. I forget the actual economy figures now.The dashboard still looks like it's made of cardboard though once the lights are turned on looks more acceptable. Fit and finish is also vastly improved. The car we rode in was less than three months old.

Coming up, the drive back to Delhi and my flight back to Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo-166-large-2.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-389-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo2-390-large.jpg  

Last edited by nickatnite : 26th January 2010 at 00:50.
Old 26th January 2010, 08:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Great photos @Nick. Reminded me of my visit when I was in school. It is quite a gripping first sight. I remember I was short and when we entered the gates all my family members were in awe and describing the feeling when they first saw the building. I was like where is it, where is it ? I looked around frantically for the image I had of the Taj Mahal and when I saw it, I was gripped with awe. It is a feeling I cannot better describe. Thanks for bringing back those memories.
Old 26th January 2010, 12:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Agra was a big surprise!. I expected an old town steeped in history but i wasn't prepared for the bustling shops and mini malls that i saw while driving around. Lots of cars too and i counted three Q5's in the course of less than half an hour!. The town is famous for the pumpkin sweet 'petha' and the chai ofcourse was refreshing, both welcome after walking around at the Taj grounds.
Yes, Agra is a very modern city and we have all the big brands that most of the metros have. There are plenty of 5 / 7 stars.

You'd be surprised to know that Agra is the biggest Shoe Manufacturing city in the world ( yes in the world ).

Anyways - Very nice pics. If I'd known that a BHPian was coming - would have gladly said hello ! next time maybe.
Old 29th January 2010, 01:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Driving back to Delhi

@prince_pervez

Glad you liked the pics.

@vkochar

Thanks!. Next time, for sure.

My friends wanted to get back to Delhi before the fog set in and that's why i was forced to give up the itmad-ud-daulah and other attractions , but i'll check them out next trip. On the way we stopped at a McDonald's which was a welcome relief after all the spicy food i had over the past two days!.
Attached Thumbnails
The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo-163-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo-164-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo-165-large.jpg  

The Taj Mahal. A roadtrip.-new-delhi-auto-expo-168-large.jpg  

Last edited by nickatnite : 29th January 2010 at 01:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks