Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 02:19   #1
BHPian

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP

Last Year in mid-2009, I was travelling on NH7 Jungle Road through Pench, Seoni District, MP and I discover this reort - Bison Retreat. Allowing the pictures to take over.
Attached Thumbnails
DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide1.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide2.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide3.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide4.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide5.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide6.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide7.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide8.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide9.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide10.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide11.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide12.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide13.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide14.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide15.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide16.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide17.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide18.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide19.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide20.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide21.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide22.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide23.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide24.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide25.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide26.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide27.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide28.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide29.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide30.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2010, 06:11   #2
BHPian

Beautiful. I just saw a telecast on Pench (on Discovery). They shot in these jungles for a tiger family for almost two years (since the birth of cubs till they became two years) using some innovative camera techniques using Trunkcam . It was fun watching the telecast.

Did you came across any wildlife?
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:04   #3
BHPian

Had been to this place just about 3 weeks back!! Awesome I must say..
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:02   #4
BHPian

Was there any tiger sighting, or even bisons, crocs at lake side, sambars etc?
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:06   #5
BHPian

Its treat to be on Nagpur-Seoni road, this road divides Pench National Park into 2 parts, and there is not of objection from environmentalist to not make it 4 lane, and I believe this is true else the flow of animal from one part to other part will be obstructed. Once you cross kamptee and Kanhan from Nagpur, that is almost 40 kms from Nagpur you are driving through Pench national park and the scenery is a real sight. If you don't pay attention to the sign board you will miss the Bison retreat.
May be I will be again in Pench National Park tomorrow.
-Pramod
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:29   #6
BHPian

Wow dude, amazing place and very nice pictures in there

real treat. So how much does the resort charge? how about safety?
Old 23rd January 2010, 09:10   #7
BHPian

Continued >

Here comes the Second Set of Pictures
Attached Thumbnails
DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide31.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide32.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide33.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide34.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide35.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide36.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide37.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide38.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide39.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide40.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide41.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide42.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide43.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide44.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide45.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide46.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide47.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide48.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide49.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide50.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide51.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide52.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide53.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide54.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide55.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide56.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide57.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide58.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide59.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide60.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2010, 09:21   #8
BHPian

Final Set of pictures

Final Set of pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Wow dude, amazing place and very nice pictures in there

real treat. So how much does the resort charge? how about safety?
INR 500 + Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
this road divides Pench National Park into 2 parts, and there is not of objection from environmentalist to not make it 4 lane. If you don't pay attention to the sign board you will miss the Bison retreat.
Very Well Said. You posted what I was just about to

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Was there any tiger sighting, or even bisons, crocs at lake side, sambars etc?
No, but once I had seen a fox cross the road in 2007. The tiger is said to be sighted in the river bed regularly. But was not there long enough to get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Had been to this place just about 3 weeks back!! Awesome I must say..

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
Beautiful. I just saw a telecast on Pench (on Discovery). They shot in these jungles for a tiger family for almost two years (since the birth of cubs till they became two years) using some innovative camera techniques using Trunkcam . It was fun watching the telecast.
The forest guards were mentioning this.
Attached Thumbnails
DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide61.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide62.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide63.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide64.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide65.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide66.jpg  

DRIVOBLOG®|NH7 Jungle Road through Pench and Bison Retreat @ Seoni District, MP-slide67.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2010, 11:33   #9
BHPian

Wonderful, i am touched by narrative photos, you are adoign a good job with them. A sarcasm of the realities of life is seen in all your photos and narrations. I am enjoying this..
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:41   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Wonderful, i am touched by narrative photos, you are adoign a good job with them. A sarcasm of the realities of life is seen in all your photos and narrations. I am enjoying this..
The idea was not visit Pench but still enjoy everything else that was left for seeing.

So far I have managed to graduate from 'sarcasm' to what the visuals symbolise, with certain exceptions (like Government In-action causing Public Apathies)
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey basu,
Very wonderful photographs. Liked all your snaps. Seems like every snap of yours tell a story on its owns. How come dargah and mosque are coming up inside the forest area?
Liked the matching of the color of paratha with the soil. After all "ek din isi mitti me mil jaana hai"
I liked this photo a lot. wish every roads becomes like this.
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Liked the matching of the color of paratha with the soil. After all "ek din isi mitti me mil jaana hai"
I liked this photo a lot. wish every roads becomes like this.
yes "from dust, to dust" thats the communicating thought.

BTW did you notice the Color of the Xylo matches the green trees?

While this trip was done in Jul-Aug 2009, I made HVK stopover in this resort for a night during our this ongoing journey.
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
yes "from dust, to dust" thats the communicating thought.
BTW did you notice the Color of the Xylo matches the green trees?
While this trip was done in Jul-Aug 2009, I made HVK stopover in this resort for a night during our this ongoing journey.
Yes, did notice the different colour of the Xylo , but didn't quite matched it with the trees, though the color conveys that it belongs to the jungle.
Bet HVK sir would have liked it. You sure like it and seems it is a wonderful place to spend a night inside a jungle.
Old 24th January 2010, 08:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Bison Retreat is a lovely place to drop by. Unfortunately, I could stay only the night. Arrived at 800 pm, left at 500 am. It was biting cold that night in the forest cottage.
Old 19th December 2010, 00:12   #15
BHPian

Re: Continued >

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Here comes the Second Set of Pictures
i did this trip back in July..Unfortunately the park was closed couple of days before i reached there.Never mind the drive through the nagpur & pench is amazing, its about 80km stretch, dint do the night driving but it was day, it would have been amazing during nights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks