Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 10:51   #16
BHPian

Hi Robin,

Very well written travelogue. The pics are fantastic, especially the last one. Waiting for more.
Old 29th January 2010, 13:55   #17
BHPian

Impossible to get accomodation! I was told the same during Diwali (which is the busiest time of the year at Gir). However we stayed in tents at a farmer's property which is actually inside the forest boundary near Devalia. It was a fantastic experience, the food was great, and we would hear alarm calls and lions roaring in the night. If anyone ever has difficulty getting accommodation at Gir send me a pm and I'll try to hook you up.
Old 29th January 2010, 14:39   #18
BHPian

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Robin: Oh! So the travelogue is here now.. Ahem!!

Good one dude.. Waiting for more.. [psstt.. planning to cross post this elsewhere as well?]
It is already there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfheart
Impossible to get accomodation! I was told the same during Diwali (which is the busiest time of the year at Gir). However we stayed in tents at a farmer's property which is actually inside the forest boundary near Devalia. It was a fantastic experience, the food was great, and we would hear alarm calls and lions roaring in the night. If anyone ever has difficulty getting accommodation at Gir send me a pm and I'll try to hook you up.
That must have been wonderful. I know, just wanted to play safe. Wish me luck for next time .

Last edited by fi.robin : 29th January 2010 at 14:43.
Old 31st January 2010, 00:32   #19
BHPian

Day 5: Veraval - Vapi, 29th Dec. We drove back to Vapi. Our drive started at 5 AM and finished by 4 PM. I took to the wheels first this time. By starting early we were able to munch miles pretty fast and smoothly.

Day 6: Silvasa 30th Dec. Our plan for this day was to visit places in Silvasa, Lion safari and the Deer park. We were accompanied by my friend and his wife who came to visit us from Delhi. This safari is the smallest that I have ever been to. It has only one lioness (she was alone last year too). I still like this one. Whole chapter ends in less then 20 mins, but the atmosphere here is very calm and relaxed and that is what I like about this. Our gang had the whole bus to ourselves.

Next was the Deer park. This is my favorite. Entry is free. Vehicles are allowed. This park covers a large area. One can spend the whole day here. It’s a poet’s paradise. Nice for couples to do chigi vigi stuff.

We spent the evening on a beach in Daman.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Gir-copy-dsc02127.jpg  

Bangalore - Gir-copy-dsc02136.jpg  

Bangalore - Gir-copy-dsc02142.jpg  

Bangalore - Gir-copy-dsc02145.jpg  

Bangalore - Gir-copy-dsc02153.jpg  

Bangalore - Gir-copy-dsc02157.jpg  

Bangalore - Gir-copy-dsc02168.jpg  

Bangalore - Gir-copy-dsc02169.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by fi.robin : 31st January 2010 at 00:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks