Team-BHP - 'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/74456-xinging-around-travillage.html)

This is not a full-fledged travelogue, but a small collection of photos from a weekend trip. Put up to capture some memories from a recent village visit.

Last Sunday (24th Jan 2010) we visited a farm-house owned by a relative of one of Sangeetha's colleagues. We were accompanied by another colleague of her's from the UK who was visiting Bangalore. The farm-house is located in a 30 acre property, near a small village adjacent to a forest corridor.

We had to drive through Mysore, take the road to Nanjangud and drive into the interiors to reach the farm.

Total distance covered that day, to and from Old-Airport road, was 374kms.

Route...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-map.gif

Started from Bangalore at around 6.30am and reached Kamat Lokaruchi for breakfast.

Tiger!

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-1.jpg

Shopping for sweets...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-2.jpg

I had to stop for a few minutes at around 10am to make a few phone calls. Stopped at the Darya-daulat bagh palace in Srirangapatna and while I was on the phone, the ladies went ahead to check out the palace...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-3.jpg

Some flower pics from the Darya-daulat bagh gardens...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-4.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-5.jpg

Drove through Mysore and took the deviation from Nanjangud road...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-5a.jpg

As we drove into the interiors, we came across a lot of colorful birds...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-6.jpg

One of the several villages we drove though...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-7.jpg

Honk Honk... Hooonnnnkkkk ! One for the sheep and two for the old man!

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-8.jpg

Harvested sugarcane being loaded onto a tractor...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-9.jpg

Imli !

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-10.jpg

Now I know how to use a sugarcane to bring down imli...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-11.jpg

Imli break...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-12.jpg

Rural traffic...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-13.jpg

Reached the farm to a warm welcome...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-14.jpg

Natural symmetry!

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-15.jpg

Figs!

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-16.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-17.jpg

3 stages - Tender coconut, Coconut and Copra...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-18.jpg

A General Electric fridge dating back to the 60s or 70s.

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-19.jpg

A nice place to wind down and relax...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-20.jpg

This is Jedi. His mate had been taken away by a leopard a few days ago...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-21.jpg

Interesting curios...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-22.jpg

More pix...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-23.jpg

A machan, to relax with a glass of wine...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-24.jpg

A funnel web...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-25.jpg

Sapotas...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-26.jpg

We could see the Chamundi hills at a distance through the haze...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-27.jpg

Contd...

A wild berry...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-28.jpg

Butterfly, pausing for a rest...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-29.jpg

Xing...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-30.jpg

Jambo...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-31.jpg

Jublian...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-32.jpg

Egret?

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-33.jpg

Sugarcane...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-34.jpg

The birds kept chasing the tractor around, gobbling up insects dug up by the plough...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-35.jpg

A Kingfisher...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-36.jpg

Driving back through Mysore, saw this spectacle at Karanji lake...

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-37.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-38.jpg

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-39.jpg

Stopped at Lokaruchi again that evening for a quick dinner and back in Bangalore by around 10.00pm. Took the NICE road from Mysore road to Hosur road and drove into town through the newly opened "Elevated Toll Road."

'Xing'ing around ! - A Tra'Village'...-40.jpg

Reached home at around 11pm and shut down for the night to get some rest before taking on the Monday blues.

* A vote of thanks to Chaitra for inviting us over and Ramesh & Roopa for being such wonderful hosts. It was a very interesting and relaxing trip!

hotstuff,
Nice Narration and beautiful pics, lucky you that got a chance to visit the country side and that too in a day's time. Reminds me of my last visit to my village doddagat in chalakere taluk shimoga district, we have coconut plantations and paddy fields.
I usually move around in my cousins ride Atlas Goldline Super during my stay.
Truly Amazing expirience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kites (Post 1705009)
hotstuff,
Nice Narration and beautiful pics, lucky you that got a chance to visit the country side and that too in a day's time. Reminds me of my last visit to my village doddagat in chalakere taluk shimoga district, we have coconut plantations and paddy fields.
I usually move around in my cousins ride Atlas Goldline Super during my stay.
Truly Amazing expirience.

@kites, Thank you for your comments.

Shimoga - lovely area... lots of greenery; especially areca & coconut plantations. I have driven down to BRP area a few times for University work... enjoyed every visit.

By the way, the Goldline Super is still in production...
Atlas Cycles (Haryana) Ltd.

Lovely little travelogue and pics as usual Sanjay ! You seem to have dropped off the radar for a while with your travels !

Splendid as usual , i enjoyed every moment spent on this thread. Brilliance of the photographs seen continuing from that of Andamans. On the whole you would one day have everything made into a book and it would be a collectors item. Wish you more travels ahead!

A good little travel-photoblog. Each of the travellogues like this opens a new world for us to explore. Surprised to see a lot of new area presented in beaut

@ hotstuff. Wonderful photographs of nature and the countryside, remindes our early days spent in those kind of sorroundings.

@hotstuff - Short but sweet photolog. Nice pictures, as usual. Enjoyed going through the thread. Thanks for sharing.

Wonderful log and pics, really enjoyed it. I wished I knew someone who has a farm, will be a treat to spend a couple of days in such a place :)

WOW !! Nice photos.Specially the pic" A wild berry..." was simply awesome.
Must have been a wonderful trip to recharge yourself.
Cheers

The "Lakeview" is very nice ! Where was this village? Is the deviation before Nanjangud village?

kannan666
Majic
Cheeronwheels
LongDrive lover
Nutty Nair
rrahul_2778
Schoudhury
ampere

- Thank you all for taking the time to go through the log and commenting on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kannan666 (Post 1706882)
...You seem to have dropped off the radar for a while with your travels !

- Kannan, not much travel happening of late :-( and I don't see too many trips or travelogues in 2010. Actually I am taking a sabbatical from work and going back to college for a year. I'll be joining IIMA for the PGPX program from April 2010. The inputs from the seniors is that the course schedule is so tightly packed for the entire year that students hardly get time to go out of the campus...

Hopefully there will be some breaks and lean periods when we can explore Ahmedabad and the surroundings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majic (Post 1707096)
...one day have everything made into a book and it would be a collectors item...

Thanks Magic. I don't know about a book, but someday when I retire from work and from traveling around, I'll probably relive the experiences by going back to these logs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 (Post 1707749)
...I wished I knew someone who has a farm, will be a treat to spend a couple of days in such a place

rrahul, If you just look around in your circle of friends I am sure you'll find quite a few who have farms / farmhouses. On the other hand, there are a couple of reasonably priced resorts which provide such 'village like' ambience and experience. I remembered this travelogue by a group of Tbhpians, about a visit to a place called 'Vihangama'. Check it out...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...vihangama.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 1707884)
The "Lakeview" is very nice ! Where was this village? Is the deviation before Nanjangud village?

Ampere, the village is around 15-20kms from Mysore, a deviation from Nanjangud road. If you want to check out the lake in the pic, it is in Mysore itself. It is called the 'Karanji' lake : Karanji Lake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could also see some boating going on in the lake... a visit to the lake should be a good one day getaway visit for Bengalureans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotstuff (Post 1708443)
kannan666

Ampere, the village is around 15-20kms from Mysore, a deviation from Nanjangud road. If you want to check out the lake in the pic, it is in Mysore itself. It is called the 'Karanji' lake : Karanji Lake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I could also see some boating going on in the lake... a visit to the lake should be a good one day getaway visit for Bengalureans.

I have seen the Karanji lake, but I am that good a photographer !

Nice pics. Liked the birds pics. Looks like the owner (host) loves dogs very much.