Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 15:00   #61
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Just got carried away seeing the photo of a child sleeping without the seat belt. It's more a paternal instinct. As HVK pointed out, guess, you know what you were doing and on reading your reply I understood that the car was stationary. How silly of me.
Old 5th February 2010, 17:23   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Just got carried away seeing the photo of a child sleeping without the seat belt. It's more a paternal instinct. As HVK pointed out, guess, you know what you were doing and on reading your reply I understood that the car was stationary. How silly of me.
Its okay friend. I can understand.
Old 5th February 2010, 17:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hey Longdrivelover, let's put this episode away and continue with your story and pics! I am getting impatient! Let's go!!!
Old 5th February 2010, 18:35   #64
BHPian

Day 6:

As I wrote in Prologue, we have planned to leave Jaipur sight seeing. So, it was just a transit point for night halt both way. Our sight seeing ended on day 5, but as I said it was more a driving trip, so the charm of trip continued.

We started at 7.50 am (trip Odo 1774) from Jaipur for Delhi. I have read a lot about Jaipur bypass. It truly was a good 4 lane bypass, though the road was little bumpy at some places. We were fresh and enjoying the scenery. I have planned for a break at RTDC Motel Behror. We kept looking for it, and when it came we couldn't stop there! Actually, some road work was going on in Behror city on NH8 and when we saw RTDC motel (which comes on left hand side) we were on a diversion on the wrong side of the road, traffic was heavy from both side and due to 2lane, it became conjusted, so we also couldn't rewerse or park there. So, we moved on.

Jaipur-Delhi is a high traffic zone, though NH8 is good, but several towns like Behror, Kotputli, Shahpura etc, add to traffic density. Finally we saw a good looking midway plaza called Midway Muskan on left side. I immediately pulled into it. It was nice open, but later we realized, it was meant for foreign tourists! was made like that, there even chocklates were only imported brands!, and all that shopping stuff that foreign tourists may be interested in. As I was making this assessment, soon we saw a few Innowa cabs carrying foreign tourists stopped there. As expected, it was costly too. I soon realised it, so just ordered parothna and tea, and soft drink for son; used their toilets. Our purpose was solved, and after 40 min break, we moved on at 10.50! Saw, NH8 is being six laned between Jaipur - Delhi! I think so, plz see attached pics below.

Reached Gurgaon at 12.05 pm and finally Delhi at 12.45. Negotiating Delhi traffic took time (though I have stayed there for over 4 yrs! during 90's) and finally we reached our relative's house in Ashok Vihar at around 2.15 pm. Spent 3.5 hrs there, then started to Merrut, picked up brother-in -law from Anand Vihar in Delhi. Due to under-construction of Metro flyovers in Delhi (UP border side), evening traffic was very messy and slow. Then we found a traffic jam near Modi Nagar, UP! local people have jammed road as just 1.5 hrs ago a local trader was murdered in market by a local anti-social element. I thought, we may have to stand there may be whole night, (Kids were feeling sleepy) though Merrut was only approx 30 kms away. Somehow, administration and police succeeded in consoling the people with some promises, and that important route (connects Delhi with western UP onto Uttarakhand) was cleared. Finally we reached Meerut and had good dinner at brother-in-law's place!

Day 7 & 8: At Meerut attending to social obligations.

Day 9: Return journey Meerut - Lucknow (Started 5.45 am, reached 3 pm Total distance for this day 535 kms).

Route details for this journey explained earlier in response to HVK sir's query. Only deference was that from Etah, instead on continuing on NH 91 to Kanpur; we diverted to Shikohabad, a town on Kanpur-Agra route(52 kms from Etah, the road was newly laid with less traffic). It meant approx 35 kms longer route (and 2 more toll plazas), but from there we got 4 lane GQ route NH2.

So here ended our first long trip. All of our relatives/ well wishers were both surprised, as well as concerned about our saftey and my capacity & ability to drive such distances alone. I dont blame them as this was first time, but my self confidence was optimum and the first travelogue I have read on TBHP when I came across this wonderful forum was HVK sir's and hrag's GQ drive (I) travelogue! So after reading that and several others, one gets empowered. But, only I knew my capabilities and this scenario of changed India road trips, so I was confident, and others skeptical and worried! and, both were right in their place! Isn't it!

A few Day 6 pics follow..
Attached Thumbnails
My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02840.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02832.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02838.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02836.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02830.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02789.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02790.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02793.jpg  

My introduction to Modern Highways: Black Tigress (Safari 2.2) roaming in Rajasthan-dsc02797.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 5th February 2010 at 18:41.
Old 5th February 2010, 18:37   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Hey Longdrivelover, let's put this episode away and continue with your story and pics! I am getting impatient! Let's go!!!

Yes, C_L, its already put away (actually there was nothing), and rest of the story posted too, just now!
Old 7th February 2010, 14:53   #66
BHPian

Longdriver Lover,

Could not get time to read this thread in this week..Just now, completed reading from Day 2 till the end...It was a very good one with good pics...Congrats on your successful first long drive.... Now, waiting for the second log that you promised
Old 9th February 2010, 17:18   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Longdriver Lover,

Could not get time to read this thread in this week..Just now, completed reading from Day 2 till the end...It was a very good one with good pics...Congrats on your successful first long drive.... Now, waiting for the second log that you promised
Thanks Sri! Yes this 2760 kms trip was really good. It satisfied my hunger to drive the Tigress. Or was it further increased!! You'll soon come to know as I write down about our next trip! Off course, it was much longer then this one. Second log also coming up soon.
Old 9th February 2010, 17:56   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hey Longdrivelover, a very good trip, I must say. Once you complete your first road trip, there is no stopping you!!! Congrats!

Now let's have the second trip's logs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks