Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 11:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the link, but those pics are too close. The view that I'm looking is something like the attached pic. The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking forward to fit in a custom headlight with 55/60 halo on Rx100 with the similar setup you've on your RE (including the headlights). So if I get a closer look, it will help me design the doom better.
Attached Images

Old 5th February 2010, 11:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcstheg View Post
Did anyone notice the Phantom in the first pic ?
I did notice and was wondering how nobody else commented on it till then?

bblost, nice trip you had there! I wish I can go on a ride like this sometime, maybe next year who knows..As for the cuisine, well its not as "meaty" or famous as your Hyderabadi stuff but we do have some very good stuff here, glad you enjoyed (most) of it.

As for the odo/speedometer less look of your bike, it indeed is striking but you don't miss those things on your bike? I have a habit of constantly looking at the tacho/speedo/odo and would find it very unnerving not to have anything up there!
Old 5th February 2010, 11:41   #18
BHPian

Hello BBlost,

Superb Narration.It literally took me down the memory lane..

I wish I could still do such trips..But unfortunately my back dont allow it anymore

I specifically liked the following part of your story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
People kill themselves in support of a cause.
People kill others in support of their cause.
But they don't wear a helmet and hence die for no cause.

Old 5th February 2010, 11:53   #19
Team-BHP Support

I rarely miss the console.

Sometimes when Riding like in this trip, Kashyap would tell me we stop after 60-80 kms.
I would keep on riding and suddenly realize I have no idea how far I have come. Plus I don't wear a watch. So I would have no idea how much time has elapsed.
So I need to watch out for milestone. Sometime there would be no milestone for miles on end.

It so happened in this ride, that Kashyap took off and got quite ahead of me. I am riding and totally in zone. Suddenly he came up from behind me. He had stopped for a smoke and as I crossed him, he waved out. I did not see him at all. It took him almost 20 kms before he caught up with me. As I would have kept on riding and riding, wondering where the hell is he. As more time elapses I would have started speeding up and that would have made his task of catching up even more difficult.

At least now that I have and carry a mobile its a little better.

We are planning for the next RM to tune in our phone for voice dialing and kind of use it like a radio system.

At most we might call up about 20 times in a ride and at existing call charges a 50 Rs day for such communication is fine.

It helps that everyone in my club is a little crazy. So we all gel quite well with each other.
Old 5th February 2010, 11:57   #20
BHPian

So Immi / Chandu

Had a good ride. Cool. Courtsey Micky mouse (I handle the Disney account now!!) I ended up having little time for riding. But riding with you all had always been fun. Made me nostalgic reading this trip log.

On a lighter note, Immi never misses his meter console he manages by looking at the next car's speedo while overtaking it.

Lets see when I get a chance to pop to Hyd. Good old days ....

Last edited by bblost : 5th February 2010 at 12:01.
Old 5th February 2010, 17:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would keep on riding and suddenly realize I have no idea how far I have come. Plus I don't wear a watch. So I would have no idea how much time has elapsed.
So I need to watch out for milestone. Sometime there would be no milestone for miles on end.
At least now that I have and carry a mobile its a little better.
Wow, I couldn't imagine riding like that. Would make me damn disconnected. But thinking I should start riding like that.
Old 5th February 2010, 17:18   #22
Team-BHP Support

While the bad boy part in my id is questionable. The Lost part is NOT.

Bad Boy Lost

One interesting incident on my ride between Tembhurni and Ahmednagar.

I was riding ahead and suddenly feel a hit on my leg. Something struck me and I had no idea what it was. I was wondering if it hit me it should also bounce of my bike or be visible in the rear view mirror. I scanned the road behind. Nothing.

I can still feel the impact and then realize that whatever it was might be on my bike or at worst would be bird poop.

If you have ever been hit by bird poop at 80 kmph, you know the feeling. Plus depending on the bird the splatter can be really big.
I stop my bike and look down.

There is something dark and sharp pointing out from under the seat.
I jump off fast. The bike is still in gear and I am holding the clutch with my left hand and standing on the right hand side.
Kashyap overtakes me and realizes that there is something wrong.

He walk back to my bike.

We find a small bird trapped under the seat. He sets it free and it flew away in the bushes.

My old prayers were answered. But in the mysterious way of destiny. I had asked for a chic to fall in my arms as I ride on and instead got a bird stuck under my seat.

Last edited by bblost : 5th February 2010 at 17:20.
Old 5th February 2010, 17:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Oh Boy this had me in Splits

Quote:
My old prayers were answered. But in the mysterious way of destiny. I had asked for a chic to fall in my arms as I ride on and instead got a bird stuck under my seat.

LMAO
Old 5th February 2010, 17:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue Imran.

Quote:
I had asked for a chic to fall in my arms as I ride on and instead got a bird stuck under my seat.
Let me join technocrat too
Old 6th February 2010, 19:48   #25
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the comments guys.

aargee, This is my bike with its new tank(old one made bigger) fixed.

There are a bunch of pics in a thread I created on Thunderbird Service. You might wanna check that out as well.

Rider Mania X : Bad Boy Report on the ride,Some MORE pics added.-bike.jpg
Old 6th February 2010, 22:05   #26
Team-BHP Support

Man, that was a really a neat narration of your trip Mr I. So much so, that i also got a shiver, when i read the accident bit that happened to the helmet less rider!

You have a great bike!

cheers
Jaggu
Old 8th February 2010, 07:59   #27
BHPian

@bblost Nice report. We have too few motorcycle ride reports in the "travelogues" section, so yours is especially welcome.

I have a question for you: On a multi-day ride what is a reasonable daily distance to plan for on a [non-GQ] national highway? And what is an overall-average speed (including breaks) one can expect?
Old 8th February 2010, 09:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
aargee, This is my bike with its new tank(old one made bigger) fixed.
I'm still thinking what to say, your bike left me speechless for few seconds. I know its a simple TBTS, but there's something that is still attracting. May be its the Eliminator's rear view mirrors or something or may be the entire silverish color.

Quote:
When I read the above, I initially thought that you dream of something & keep driving, but now I understand what it is like. Yes, with this bike & the thump it makes, yes I'm sure you'll not want to reach the destination, but to keep riding forever.
Old 8th February 2010, 10:27   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
I have a question for you: On a multi-day ride what is a reasonable daily distance to plan for on a [non-GQ] national highway? And what is an overall-average speed (including breaks) one can expect?
On a GQ road, one can maintain 65-75 KMPH overall speed for a good 12 hours. That includes time for breaks and all that.
Assuming one leaves at 6 AM, and keeps riding till atleast 8 PM.
This kind of riding can be sustained for atleast 5 - 6 days at a stretch.
The overall distance covered would be in the range of 600 kms or so everyday. Also there is only one long break (max 45 mins) and couple of short breaks. The longest short break can be about 15 mins. The rest only for a quick tea/ smoke/ toilet. This is also assuming that the group is not more than 3 or 4.

For a non GQ road. The overall speeds will drop to 45-50 KMPH.
This is because the roads will have more turns. Each turn will slow you down a bit. Plus unmarked speed breakers, villagers, bumpy roads all contribute to making a slow but very interesting ride.

I personally prefer Non-GQ roads. They have so much more life in them.
Do not ride on a non GQ roads after sunset.
Sometimes you may not be able to find any decent lodging places.

Talk with the folks at the tea stalls. Be careful whom you talk with and do NOT show any money and expensive stuff. Also do not mention the duration of your ride with anyone. No one needs to know that you are out of contact from family and friends.

A guy from Otur gave us some advice while we were having tea.
Do not ask for Lodge information at a restaurant before you have had your food.
Act as if you are not staying till your meal and tea etc is over. Some lodges have a bad reputation. Avoid them.

To everyone, Thanks a lot for your kind words.
Old 8th February 2010, 18:25   #30
BHPian

@bblost Thanks! Your advice is much appreciated!!

Just an additional clarification: How do you ensure that your bike is safe in the night wherever you stay?

Last edited by Rollin' Thunda : 8th February 2010 at 18:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks