Team-BHP - Nano GQ Drive
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Nano GQ Drive (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/74919-nano-gq-drive.html)

Hi All,

Here is the newsletter that I received from carwale

Quote:

Friends,

We are embarking upon a unique and landmark trip which has never been done before. Two of our editorial team members, Kartik Ganesh and Rachit Hirani, are taking the people's car (Tata Nano) around the famous Golden Quadrilateral project which is just a little less than 6,000 kms. However, the team will also be visiting Hyderabad which is not a part of the G.Q which makes the total driving distance a total of 7,000 kms. They attempt to do this within a period of 16 days.

Our principle sponsor Gulf Oil is also testing its new engine and gearbox oil designed for the 1st time for the Nano. Apart from the fact that the Nano will actually receive a real world endurance test of 7000 kms, the team will also be testing in this process not only the engine oil but also their own endurance!

We are also attempting for an entry into the Limca book of records since nobody has taken a car with this engine size ever before on this route!

We would be doing a feature on our website that would look at the Nano in-depth like it never has before. It will explore everything about the Nano – from its design origins to the team that has built this car. This drive will bring a change in perception of the Nano being a small city car to a car that can withstand tough times.

The feature Microsite is being given final touches by our Technical team. We will email you the link as soon as it goes live.

Here are some teaser pictures for you. Check them out attached along with.

Cheers to Kartik and Rachit for the never before 7,000 kms Nano Endurance Run !!!
This sounds interesting. The nano looks cute in Gulf color scheme clap:. Here are some pics that I received along with the email.

Nano GQ Drive-dsc_5984.jpg

Nano GQ Drive-dsc_6014.jpg

This is the link of the thread for nano on carwale.com

Interesting drive. My dream of GQ run is still a dream. Dunno when will I get to do it.

Lucky guys. Good luck towards their successful completion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabareesh (Post 1717391)
We are also attempting for an entry into the Limca book of records since nobody has taken a car with this engine size ever before on this route!

That's not true. Sam Kapasi did Mumbai to Delhi on the Nano. So Sam needs to be in Limca Book of records for driving a car with this engine size on a leg of GQ.
Way to go T-BHP. Can some one put it across to Limca Book of records that Sam did it first?

all the best for the drive. Hope the nano succeeds without any glitches.

Another record ready to be set by the mighty NANO. But what's wrong with their registration plates, the front one is hardly readble due to the fog lamp bar also the fonts aren't the required size either. Hope they do not land up in trouble due to this. GOODLUCK anyways...

Number plate is almost totally hidden by extra lights in the front lol:

I guess they have changed the front number plate. Here is the image of the car taken in Surat. In fact, if I am not mistaken, the registration number is changed as well.

Nano GQ Drive-dsc_640125.jpg

The Nano looks really nice with the Gulf Livery :)

just a question...

is the GQ complete??

any update on this..

Ahh..here we go again. One mroe car doing the GQ. But this time its a Nano. All the best to the team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archish (Post 1718380)
Number plate is almost totally hidden by extra lights in the front lol:

Just wondering did they hide it on purpose?

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 1719508)
The Nano looks really nice with the Gulf Livery :)

+1..:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaops (Post 1719791)
just a question...

is the GQ complete??

any update on this..

He has started this thread on 05/02..and theyare informing it will take 17 days. how in the world do you think they have completed the drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 1720732)

He has started this thread on 05/02..and theyare informing it will take 17 days. how in the world do you think they have completed the drive.

I am asking about the GQ and not the nano drive....

just repeating the question for the benefit of others ....How much of GQ is complete and which stretches are yet to be done....any clue....