Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 00:41   #451
Senior - BHPian

Hi Smartcat

It seems you have some sort of purani janma ki dushmani (=Enimity from previous life) with your good friend. i have seen you make him experience rainfall at the end, make him look like Pamela Anderson, now you are making him into a real sugar cane bug.

Old 31st March 2010, 00:59   #452
Team-BHP Support

Hey, I had a housefly in my mango juice too (refer Hampi trip). Misfortunes keep striking us all the time

Quote:
Next time stick your heads through that sun roof while speeding in mysore. You'll surely get your faces in the photo.
Good idea! But speeding tickets have lost the novelty factor. Now whenever I see a parked sumo/tavera with its tailgate open, I either slam the brakes (after looking behind) or get behind another vehicle - did this a couple of times in Bangalore. I don't want to be shot by the speed gun again.
Old 31st March 2010, 01:37   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Kudle Beach. Kudle Beach. I have definitely heard that name. Are you saying this is in between Gokarna Beach and Om Beach? I don't recall seeing any beach in between - but we did the trek more than 10 years back, so don't remember much. We really wanted to see phoren girls wearing Bikini at that time, so headed straight towards Om Beach. You have any pics of Kudle Beach?
Kudle beach

There you go. Scroll down, and you can see the path to Om beach.
Old 31st March 2010, 06:19   #454
Team-BHP Support

Better late than never. The "head-out" incident reminds of Mr Alfred Jingle in Dicken's Pickwick Papers.

This is how Mr Jingle described a Lady who was travelling in a train:

Lady travelling in a train:
Eating Sandwiches :
Forgot to see the arch:
Crash:
Lady lying motionless :
Sandwich in her hand:
No mouth to put in:
Head of a family gone :
Shocking Shocking:

(Needless to say, lady was on top of the train).

I had half (or rather three quarters ) a mind to convert the story to make Dr Smart Cat the lead, but I did not want him to loose his head again and reduce his life to 3 (he has lost 5 lives of the nine during the journey).
Old 31st March 2010, 08:18   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pic 5: Outside Mysore, we stopped at a roadside sugarcane juice vendor and ordered 4 glasses. Jagga found a housefly in his juice. When he showed his glass to the juice vendor, he simply put his hand (4 fingers) inside the glass, removed the fly and gave it back. Jagga looked at us, shrugged and drank the juice.

But did you know where he had been using his hands before that?
OT - But why 4 fingers are required to pull out a fly? Thumb & fore finger is sufficient right?

Quote:
Apparently, it was the best sugarcane juice he ever had.
May be the extra 2 fingers made the difference in the taste.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:46   #456
BHPian

Quote:

Pic 6
: We found this temple on the Mysore - BR Hills road. Looks pretty cool. Any idea what this is?

This quite famous temple.. it is called as Nanjanagudu, Lord shiva temple.. try visit some time when you pass by.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:09   #457
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There you go. Scroll down, and you can see the path to Om beach.
Looks good - will check out Kudle beach next time I get there.

Quote:
This is how Mr Jingle described a Lady who was travelling in a train:
You read all those Victorian era English novels? I have a tough time getting past the first paragrah on the first page.

Quote:
OT - But why 4 fingers are required to pull out a fly? Thumb & fore finger is sufficient right?
Using four fingers is easier. You can get rid of the fly in the first attempt - try it out!

Quote:
This quite famous temple.. it is called as Nanjanagudu, Lord shiva temple.. try visit some time when you pass by.
Ah yes, I have heard about Nanjangud many times.
Old 31st March 2010, 18:59   #458
BANNED

Quote:
Ranjan, 2008 you got in or got out? Mine was 1996-2000 batch. Doing those times, MSRIT used to look like 500 year old Hampi ruins - with half broken statues, temples and palace like structures. I heard our college looks like an IT park now.
lol.. 2008 I was out.
That is correct. Everything is renovated except the Medical Block and Girl's Hostel Who cares about the building anyways, there are more HOT chicks now.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:02   #459
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
lol.. 2008 I was out.
That is correct. Everything is renovated except the Medical Block and Girl's Hostel Who cares about the building anyways, there are more HOT chicks now.
Guys. Don't let the mods pull you up for using such words like HOT chicks.
Please tone down your language. Just a humble request.
Old 1st April 2010, 00:22   #460
Team-BHP Support

BR Hills Trip Concluding Part Pics:

Pic 1: On the way, we saw a resort by Jungle Lodges (junglelodges.com). Not only were all the rooms booked, but they wouldn't offer their trekking & animal safari services to the "non-guests". Disappointed, we headed to the summit.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0038.jpg

Pic 2: We visited the Ranganatha Temple, and showed us faces to the God. We hardly spent 20 mins at the top. We got back into the car, and drove down.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0035.jpg

Pic 3: This M800 guy was driving on his side of the road, coming from the opposite side. But when he saw us, this half-nut came barrelling down our side, and at the last moment, he turned left. See people, this is how one makes an advance booking for a place in hell.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0051.jpg

Pic 4: With nothing much to do and lots of time to kill, we roll down the hill slowly.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0056.jpg

Pic 5: A lady friend gifted me this fluffy doll. Since I never refuse a gift nor throw it away, I kept it in the car. But hmm, a fluffy doll? I need work a bit more on my macho image.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0043.jpg

Pic 6 & 7: After a short drizzle in the evening, the scenary starts looking a lot better.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0074.jpg

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0076.jpg

Pic 8: This is quite common in rural Karnataka (esp. near Chickmagalur/ Madikeri etc), and at most places, it is denser than this. The horn doesn't help. The only way you can get past the cows is to gently bump into them from behind. My friend in Kolkata mentioned that, in Burra Bazaar, people make way for cars only if they are gently nudged on their bums from behind.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0079.jpg

Pic 9: Believe it or not, these kids threw stones and sticks at the car from behind. We fled! I guess they don't like Pattnadavru (city people).

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0080.jpg

Pic 10: Elephant sighting again, at the bottom of the hill.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0054.jpg

Pic 11 & 12: The light showers have truly worked wonders to the landscape.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0083.jpg

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0084.jpg

Pic 13: We discover the newly constructed Mysore Ring Road and take that road instead of driving through Mysore city. Not sure what the road designers were thinking, but the Mysore Ring Road was as big/long as the Equator. After circum-navigating half the earth, we reached the Bangalore-Mysore highway and then drove home.

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0087.jpg
Old 1st April 2010, 11:24   #461
BHPian

Cool pics, man. And quite a succinct thread to sum up six years of driving

Just joking. I'm sure you are going to share some more experiences and pictures with us and I'm one of those waiting for more. Give us some more, please
Old 1st April 2010, 11:37   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pic 9: Believe it or not, these kids threw stones and sticks at the car from behind. We fled! I guess they don't like Pattnadavru (city people).
You guys should've done something to them man; you guys should've felt they were like the words of MX6's humble request

Scenaries are awesome man, Thanks for the virtual tour on BR Hills.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:00   #463
Team-BHP Support

Maybe cows complained to the kids about us bumping into them from behind.

Quote:
And quite a succinct thread to sum up six years of driving
haha very funny!

Out of 100,000 kms I have done on Indian highways, about 20% would be trips to Mangalore. So coming up later tonight, pics from my most important roadtrip to Mangalore. A small hint -

100,000 kms on Indian Highways, 6 treks & a Couple of Flights-img_0120_1.jpg

Some might not find this bit of travelogue very interesting. If so, check back after a week. But for others who like know about South Canara traditions, this might be interesting.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:22   #464

Hmm Ladies & Gentlemen For the First Time in Travelogue History We are going to Witness the first hand account of One's Own Marriage Trip. Probably the trip to get into a sweet Accident. South Canara Traditions. Interesting. Bring it on I say!
Old 1st April 2010, 13:51   #465
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Dreams View Post
Hmm Ladies & Gentlemen For the First Time in Travelogue History We are going to Witness the first hand account of One's Own Marriage Trip. Probably the trip to get into a sweet Accident. South Canara Traditions. Interesting. Bring it on I say!
Sad. So the next bit is not going to have Jagga, Karthic etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks