Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2005, 11:31   #1
c10
BHPian

Trip to Coorg-Tata Safari...

Hi all, here is a report on my trip to Coorg with 4 other friends of mine...

Destination: Coorg
Date:17/18/19 September '05
Travellers: Balaji, Vijay, Jones, Lawarence, Chetan (c10)
Vehicle: 98' TATA Safari
Fuel Consumed: 60 litres

Well it all started on the 18 afternoon on saturday, all of us met at my friends place and headed to Mysore road by 2pm...a sunny day indeed, drive on mysore road was better after the streatch is improved...My friend bought the safari 2months ago, and since then we had not been in the safari for a long drive till this day...Balaji was on the wheels till maddur and i took over from there...it was a nice experience driving a safari...found it behaving good on the highway and even on the Coorg roads which is filled with potholes...had a flat tyre at a place where the elephants pass by all the time, its called aane mule or something...got to know of this when we reached Coorg...reached Coorg by 9:30 pm or so...friends were waiting for us and we all went to the Ponnampet town...where the Ganesha immersion was to take place...drove back to friends place by 3:30 in the morning...

wokeup the next morning and went to IRKU falls and to Nagarhole...reached Nagarhole by 4:40pm, planned to take the TATA Safari into the Nagarhole safari and we did'nt go as all the visitors complained they could'nt site any animal at all...left to Ponnampet at 6:15pm and it as short drive but it took a very long time thanks to roads filled with potholes...

Started back to bangalore on monday morning by 5:40 in the morning and it was bad roads till Nagarhole and the second half was better...

Pushed the safari to 100max as this was first drive and did'nt want to take any risk as we had 2 bad tyres...reached bangalore by 1pm...

will post pics soon...

Ragards,
c10
c10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2005, 11:38   #2
BHPian

hi c10 ..await pictures of koorg, one place i always wanted to go, bored with the usual hill stations ooty, kodai and munnar... next time i come to india, i' ll sure make a trip to koorg..
please post the pictures
regrads
cat
Old 21st September 2005, 11:46   #3
BHPian

man, flat tyres on a safari! interesting ...
waiting for the pics heard this is a good time to go to coorg

s
Old 22nd September 2005, 11:17   #4
c10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
man, flat tyres on a safari! interesting ...
waiting for the pics heard this is a good time to go to coorg

s

well i too was seein stars when i saw the flat tyre, but was at ease in seconds after i saw the hydraulic jack...ju even then had to use some tricks to mount the safari on the jack...

it was adventerous doing this in the thick forest...!!!
Old 24th September 2005, 19:40   #5
BHPian

I simply loved coorg when i went to my friends estate in march this year, waiting to see some pictures..........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks