Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 12:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Truly Tranquil! Tirthan valley.

Hi L O G,

The travelogue is really amazing and your write up is awesome as usual. I really liked the pics of the water flowing down the stream. Truly amazing. Thanks for sharing. Waiting for more.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:41   #17
BHPian

Re: Truly Tranquil! Tirthan valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
The pics are fantastic. and the home stay looks beautiful. This definately goes into my wishlist of places to visit.
I never knew such place existed. Thanks a lot again fro sharing. How expensive is the place to stay?
You're welcome mate! The total damages for 2N/3D, including all meals & tips, for the two of us were INR 3000. I think the room rent was INR 600/day. A non-veg meal's cost was INR 300 I think. But they made excellent & very spicy chicken dishes when asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
and i guess you should complete it. its been very nice till now.

couple of questions..

- how about same place in MAY?
- please tell me about the expenses part (accomodation etc)
- directions from delhi plz.

thanks.
Thanks mate! I think I'll take a trip down the memory lane. To answer your questions:

1. It may get warm in May as the place is not at a great altitude. Also there won't be snow at Jalori pass. But there might be good trekking opportunities in the Great Himalaya National Park.

2. Already answered above.

3. From Delhi, take NH1 till Ambala - Banur - Kharar - Ropar - Kiratpur - Bilaspur - Mandi - Pundoh. When you reach the huge tunnel, don't go into it by turning left but keep going straight. Soon you'll be in the Tirthan Valley.

EDIT: If looking for the River side resorts, head towards the Deori village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi L O G,

The travelogue is really amazing and your write up is awesome as usual. I really liked the pics of the water flowing down the stream. Truly amazing. Thanks for sharing. Waiting for more.
Thanks for the appreciation mate! In Feb end, the river was a whimper as told by the staff in there. By July it takes its real form when the water level rises and the flow increases big time. Will re-visit the place (in my mind) and pen down more.

Last edited by lordofgondor : 16th February 2011 at 12:47.

Most Viewed