Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 15:08   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Nice pics.
I always recommend to stay at konkani huts in Ganapatipule mtdc.

Btw, it seems that you had not stopped at Derwan, famous for shivshrushti, near Sawarde, 25 km before Chiplun on Ratnagiri road.
Didnt know about it. Will plan for the same during my next visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Yes it is indeed Ratnagiri. OT: Volt replying to ampere, not bad eh

@f1fan: amazing pics and like for many members, brought back memories of our visit there. Btw did you have the 'ukdiche modak' in the Prachin Konkan cafetaria (well its a small outlet actually)?
Yup, we did have them at the cafetaria at the end of the so-called guided tour. The modaks were really great. Enjoyed them a lot.
Old 25th March 2010, 23:44   #32
BHPian

service at vittal kamats

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Day 3: Monday 22-Feb-2010:
Nothing much was in store for Day 3 apart from the travel back. We woke up early and checked out by 8:00 AM. We visited the temple (I didn't take my camera along thinking photography was prohibited inside the temple premises but looks like it was only inside the main premises and folks can take photographs from outside). Post temple visit, we went for breakfast at the "Tarang" Restaurant in the upper section.

Post a hearty breakfast, we finally said bye to Ganapatipule with a heavy heart and with a self promise to return back soon.

We left Ganapatipule at 9:15 AM. The "masti" done during the last two days took its toll on the kids and the moment we left Ganapatipule, the kids went to sleep, hence giving me the scope to drive non-stop again all the way to Vittal Kamat's at Mahad.

We reached Vittal Kamat's at 12:15 PM, woke up the kids and had a good lunch. I felt that the service was very slow there. Left Vittal Kamat's at 1:30 PM and were home at 4:30 PM.

This my friends was my unforgettable trip to Ganapatipule. Hope you guys liked it. Any questions, feel free to ask and I would try and answer the same.

Cheers
f1fan
hey f1 fan

service at vittal kamats is very lousy when crowds stream in especially at lunch time and morning breakfast. worst on sat sundays and joint holidays.
very less manpower when crowds are not expected.
the plus point is relatively? clean toilet facilities.
i usually try to reach mahad by 7.45 am for breakfast. next time i will try drive inn which was my childhood favorite.
it was nice to know that drive inn is a good place after all these years.added advantage is the petrol pump adjacent to it.

in ganpatipule there are a few "khanavals" or home mess where you can get excellent food also there are a few good restaurants apart from mtdc

ganpatipule still remains a nostalgic favorite.once a year compulsory destination for me.

pg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks