Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 09:56   #46
J.Ravi

Excellent travelogue and breathtaking photographs, gd1418. I have already started planning for my Bangalore-Hyderabad-Agra-Delhi-Jaipur trip. Now, I have included Rajaji National Park at Chila along with Hardwar & Rishikesh in the itinerary.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 19th March 2010 at 09:58.

Old 19th March 2010, 11:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks akp for the kind words..

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Thanks gd1418 for yet another excellent travelogue. Having tried one myself, I now realize how much time and effort goes into writing such a log. Really appreciate your sharing the details of so many of your trips.

And I just love little things like this that you put in:
Khatauli is after Meerut, so all the messiness would have been avoided or suffered.

There is a small bridge over the canal nearing Cheetal. Just before the bridge is the right turn that takes you to Roorkee alongside the canal. No signages at all and my guess is in Monsoons the road would be a bit difficult. BTW, I didn't see much traffic on that section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Guru, a little confusion on your Ganga Canal route.
Did I hear you right - at Khatauli, you turn off NH58, right, and go along the Ganga Canal till Muradnagar? Are signages good at the points where you have to turn off? And does the road remain good during rainy season? And is it better because you can escape the messiness around Meerut and Modinagar?
Thanks Chevy, I too was pleasantly surprised at so many spottings in such a short time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Superb pics, GD sir. The travelogue was wonderful too! Spotting so many animals in such a short time was the real 'icing on the cake'!
Thank you Ravi. In which season are you planning this trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Excellent travelogue and breathtaking photographs, gd1418. I have already started planning for my Bangalore-Hyderabad-Agra-Delhi-Jaipur trip. Now, I have included Rajaji National Park at Chila along with Hardwar & Rishikesh in the itinerary.

Last edited by gd1418 : 19th March 2010 at 11:21.
Old 19th March 2010, 11:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Very Detailed travelogue GD Sahab Or would say detailed shaadi pics
Old 19th March 2010, 12:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

Actually, just writing about Chila wouldn't have made sense. So, included the wedding as a background..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Very Detailed travelogue GD Sahab Or would say detailed shaadi pics
Old 19th March 2010, 16:09   #50
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Thank you Ravi. In which season are you planning this trip?
After summer, maybe, June-July 2010.

Old 19th March 2010, 16:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

This was a lovely little travelogue, thank you GD sir. I really enjoyed it, cant wait to go home for a couple of days now

Edit: Try rusks from Sunrise (Paltan Bazaar) sometime, they used to make the best ones in town. Am going in april so will confirm if they still do though.
For Pista Biscuits etc. nothing to beat Elloras.

Last edited by sammyboy : 19th March 2010 at 16:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks