Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 21:26   #1
BHPian

A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru

A neighbour told me about the pyramid valley last week. I took my kid, wife and mom there today afternoon. (More information on the valley is available at pyramidvalley.org)

The pyramid valley in Bengaluru is located around 30 kms from the Banashankari bus stop on the Kanakapura road. Located on the left side while driving, there are frequent signboards indicating the distance to the valley. The last one kilometer which runs perpendicular to the main road leading to the valley is a non existent road. My Alto took a beating trying to traverse this road which is still under construction. The pyramid was nowhere in sight. We stopped and asked the people who told us to proceed further to reach the valley.

Perched in the middle of the valley, the pyramid campus is a marvellous creation. We reached at around 1:15 pm and upon enquiry, the security personnel at the gate informed us that it was lunch time and we can have our lunch until 2 pm. Not much of a crowd on a hot afternoon and barring a couple of cars, no other vehicles were to be seen around. Parked the car under the tree shade and proceeded to the lunch room. The lunch and dinner are provided to all the visitors free of cost. The donations provided by the donors is used to cover the costs.

After having the tasty lunch comprising of rice, sambar, chutney, vegetable and buttermilk, we proceeded towards the pyramid. For those who are uninitiated to the meditation, a short introduction about meditation is provided. Children below 6 years are not allowed into the
pyramid and a strict silence is to be followed so as not to disturb others who are meditating. A bookshop is located in the premises where books about spirituality are sold.

Some snaps taken at the valley...
Attached Thumbnails
A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru-img_0796.jpg  

A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru-img_0797.jpg  

A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru-img_0798.jpg  

A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru-img_0799.jpg  

A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru-img_0802.jpg  

A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru-img_0803.jpg  

A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru-img_0804.jpg  

A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru-img_0807.jpg  

A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru-img_0808.jpg  

A visit to Pyramid Valley, Bengaluru-img_0809.jpg  

AltoLXI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2010, 00:32   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats some nice pictures! And I never heard of this in any of the posts here as well! Anyway good that you have started off this topic. Am sure we will have more travelogues of this place!
Old 8th March 2010, 00:58   #3
BHPian

Never heard of this place before. The pyramid snap looks great. Hopefully the road construction will get over soon and more people can see this place.
Old 8th March 2010, 03:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Never even knew such a place existed!

My parents will love this place

Thanks for sharing the info.
Old 8th March 2010, 06:14   #5
BHPian

Looks like a nice place for a calm and serene weekend getaway. Awaiting more pictures. How old is this place?
Old 8th March 2010, 07:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for bringing up a new spiritual location. It does seems very interesting. A must to visit.
Old 8th March 2010, 08:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Excellent, Short and Sweet review. Heard about this place a lot but did not visit it. The pictures tempt to make a visit.
Old 8th March 2010, 08:35   #8
BHPian

Thanks for information about a new place for the short weekend drive.
Seems to be a calm place & any details about the timings, the place is open on weekdays & sunday.
Old 8th March 2010, 08:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic & Thanks for sharing Alto. Hope to make there someday.
Old 8th March 2010, 08:57   #10

Thanks a lot for introducing this place to us. Never heard of this though I stay off Kanakpura Road. The snaps are beautiful.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a good option for a calm and serene day trip.. Thanks for the info alto..
Old 8th March 2010, 10:40   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
Thanks for information about a new place for the short weekend drive.
Seems to be a calm place & any details about the timings, the place is open on weekdays & sunday.
- The valley visit timings are from 7am to 9pm. But I feel it is better to visit early in the morning or late in the evening as the summer has started. One thing I noticed was the lower part of the pyramid was relatively cooler.
- Though done recently, the look and feel of the artwork done there appears as though done in ancient times.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:46   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Never heard of this place before. The pyramid snap looks great. Hopefully the road construction will get over soon and more people can see this place.
The last one kilometer leading to the valley from the main road is still under construction. Hopefully it should be ready soon. The pyramid will not come into view until we reach the campus but the signboards will help.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Its a good discovery buddy. I never knew abt it, though I stay in Bansankri.

What is the name of the place/Village? Will people guide us if we ask them as Pyramid valley.
Any land mark would be helpful.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:29   #15
Team-BHP Support

Wow looks like a nice picnic place! Thanks to bring this to light. Will go there someday! What is else is there see at this place? More details please!

Most Viewed