Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 14:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Few more snaps from Mysore Zoo. The swans were a real toast to eyes! We proceeded for lunch from zoo by 1:15PM.Chinese meal was heavy and sipping a drought took rest for about 2 hours and started to Mysore palace (since no lighting on saturday also and no point in waiting till night). we had been to Mysore palace long back so not that exited. Moreover Sun was hitting terribly making us tired after roaming through the palace, we started back around 5PM. Inlaws had a trip after long time, and that too the trip was really short so not tired (14 hours including travel) but covered all the 3 points lavishly without the pressure of time.
Another Croc!
A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore-45.jpg

Pelican
A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore-46.jpg

Heron
A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore-47.jpg

A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore-48.jpg

Painted Stork
A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore-49.jpg

Swans
A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore-50.jpg

Goose
A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore-52.jpg

Giraffe
A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore-53.jpg

Mysore Palace
A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore-54.jpg

Here comes the end of my photologue, thanks to everyone for the support. I would recommend Ranganaithittu to all.
Attached Thumbnails
A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore-51.jpg  

Last edited by jacs : 11th March 2010 at 14:51.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Yes i was there a year ago

few pics that i had clicked

jacs hope you don't mind my pics in your thread
Hey Kraft.waren, how is Kokrebellur overall. Rating out of 5? Do we have boating to see birds or is it a walking trail?
Old 11th March 2010, 17:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Nice one. Btw, how much he charges for the car to roam around inside the Zoo? I dont remember if he charges anything. But all I remember is we were so tired after couple of rounds in Zoo

Did you visit Lalit Mahal? If not, next time include it in your list. Nice place to visit.
Old 12th March 2010, 22:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Nice one. Btw, how much he charges for the car to roam around inside the Zoo? I dont remember if he charges anything. But all I remember is we were so tired after couple of rounds in Zoo

Did you visit Lalit Mahal? If not, next time include it in your list. Nice place to visit.
Thanks mjothi.

They are charging 60 bucks per head for the complete rounds but its worth paying especially when we have older ones.

This time we couldn't visit more places due to the time constraints and considering by aged inlaws. I'm already listing out places for the next trip.
Old 15th March 2010, 18:03   #50
BHPian

Wow - loved your photologue and the quality of your snaps. Hats off to you for the effort Jacs.

The golf cart in the Zoo is a fabulous idea- I used to wish for it when we went there years ago. It will make a huge diff when navigating this expansive zoo.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:17   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hey Kraft.waren, how is Kokrebellur overall. Rating out of 5? Do we have boating to see birds or is it a walking trail?
Nope there are no boats, its a small village, and all the trees will be filled with Storks and Pelicans. And few other birds like Woodpeckers, Shrikes etc if you are lucky.

The villagers are friendly and do not trouble us, you can park the car in one of the open spaces and just walk around.

I wouldn't recommend this place to be the only visit, in case you pass-by then you can spend about an hour or so here.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:28   #52
BHPian

Jacs, must say the pics from the Zoo have come out really well, i guess the Ranga.. snaps had a lot of optical zoom
Old 19th March 2010, 11:38   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.K.Ramesh View Post
Wow - loved your photologue and the quality of your snaps. Hats off to you for the effort Jacs.

The golf cart in the Zoo is a fabulous idea- I used to wish for it when we went there years ago. It will make a huge diff when navigating this expansive zoo.
Thanks Ramesh. Only that not many people opt for this cart and hence you would have to wait until the cart is full else till the cart is back(only 1 was there).

Quote:
Nope there are no boats, its a small village, and all the trees will be filled with Storks and Pelicans. And few other birds like Woodpeckers, Shrikes etc if you are lucky.

The villagers are friendly and do not trouble us, you can park the car in one of the open spaces and just walk around.

I wouldn't recommend this place to be the only visit, in case you pass-by then you can spend about an hour or so here.
Thanks for the details. I'll try to accomodate it with the Wayanad trip which is expected anytime from now .

Quote:
Jacs, must say the pics from the Zoo have come out really well, i guess the Ranga.. snaps had a lot of optical zoom
Thats rit! I had to zoom hard to get these birds on frame (mostly 10X and sometimes the advanced zoom above 10X which resulted in noise) and offcourse its not a professional cam .

Last edited by jacs : 19th March 2010 at 11:43.
Old 19th March 2010, 17:51   #54
BHPian

Nice shots bud

Hey Jacs, good shot. One with the black swan is awesome. I suppose a bit lower angle would have stolen the show.
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancing Horse View Post
Hey Jacs, good shot. One with the black swan is awesome. I suppose a bit lower angle would have stolen the show.
Thank you Prancing Horse. Since we travelled in the Zoo cart, time was bit of a concern to do some good experiments as others keep waiting .
Old 15th December 2011, 22:22   #56
BHPian

Re: A day visit to Ranganaithittu and Mysore

Whcih is the best month to visit ranganaithittu? Will we able to see any birds during this month (december)
Old 16th December 2011, 00:18   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

I visited this sanctuary last month, but the birds were very less in numbers. When I checked with the boat person on the season to visit he said it is April, May and June. The interesting part was the crocodiles.
Old 16th December 2011, 10:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
Whcih is the best month to visit ranganaithittu? Will we able to see any birds during this month (december)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I visited this sanctuary last month, but the birds were very less in numbers. When I checked with the boat person on the season to visit he said it is April, May and June. The interesting part was the crocodiles.
Yes. Best time is Summer. Depending on season change, it can be between Feb till June. They come, lay eggs, hatch them, nurse them till flying stage and migrate . Its just amazing to observe them, the whole place will be noicy & smelly though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks