Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:56   #16
BHPian

How the houses are built. Even church in Cave.
Attached Thumbnails
Visiting World Heritage Sites-matera-07.jpg  

Visiting World Heritage Sites-matera-14.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 12:04   #17
BHPian

8-March-2010

Alberobello is famouse for its Trulli home. Trulli home were build by inhabitants in year 1700 when court gives order that inhabitant can stay in Alberobello but they can not use any systematic building materials to build houses. Court had given a list of material that can not be used to build houses. Finally inhabitants comes with the idea and they have build the houses with ston on ston.

The configuration of the entire area is the result of erosive actions on the calcareous rocks produced by meteoric waters, on the surface as much as in the depth. From these stratificated rocks is drawn the building material used to covei the conic tops of the trulli, the so called "chiancarelle".

The first pic is of my hotel.
Attached Thumbnails
Visiting World Heritage Sites-alberobello-01.jpg  

Visiting World Heritage Sites-alberobello-02.jpg  

Visiting World Heritage Sites-alberobello-03.jpg  

Visiting World Heritage Sites-alberobello-04.jpg  

Visiting World Heritage Sites-alberobello-05.jpg  

Visiting World Heritage Sites-alberobello-06.jpg  

Visiting World Heritage Sites-alberobello-07.jpg  

Visiting World Heritage Sites-alberobello-08.jpg  

Visiting World Heritage Sites-alberobello-09.jpg  

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 24th March 2010 at 12:05.
Old 21st June 2010, 12:06   #18
BHPian

Now its time to add one more site to this thread. The place is Plitvice Lake in Croatia. This lake is famous for its hundreds of natural water falls.

One of the waterfall.

Visiting World Heritage Sites-2.jpg

All the lake has wooden walk path to get a glimpse of the waterfalls.

Visiting World Heritage Sites-3.jpg
Old 23rd June 2010, 01:01   #19
BHPian

Some more interesting photos from Plitvice Lake

Name:  IMG_5276.JPG
Views: 552
Size:  280.5 KB

Visiting World Heritage Sites-img_5289.jpg

Visiting World Heritage Sites-img_5342.jpg

Visiting World Heritage Sites-img_5347.jpg

Visiting World Heritage Sites-img_5370.jpg
Old 24th June 2010, 12:54   #20
lsp
BHPian

I have to admit - I had not even heard about Plitvice Lake until I saw it here and boy, what a place it seems to me. I've visited some of the countries in western europe (mostly the touristy places) and have not come across something so amazing as Plitvice Lake.

Pawan, your thread sure is a resource for off-the-beaten-path places. I think you should should provide the link to the UNESCO website which lists such places. It would be a great help to people who are planning visits to the same old ghisa-pita Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich, Brussels. No offence, these places are great in themselves but more often than not the lesser known places are just not in the mind when one decides about vacations.
Old 24th June 2010, 13:38   #21
BHPian

Thanks lsp, actually I want to see the different places in the world. And I do not like vising City. When I choose the places to visit I compare it with my previous places and it should be the different one. I do spend almost 8-10 hours in a week googling such places.

The next place is the Cinqueterre, Italy I will be visiting. Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and the Islands (Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto) - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
Old 24th June 2010, 17:13   #22
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I'd read about the plitvice lake in croatia serendipitously over an article in rediff I guess months back. And to see a BHPian actually going there to give a first hand report is exciting.
Old 24th June 2010, 17:46   #23
BHPian

Well, due to bad weather I could cover only half of the lake. When I reached there, it was all rainy. I had Sat-Sun to roam in lake, I entered into lake at 4PM on Saturday and could cover only half of it. The other half where the water falls are more scattered was interesting, but it was raining heavily on Sunday, so could not cover the other part of it.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Great shots and good writeup Pawan. I have visited Vatican and Rome back in 1999, it 1000 kms Plus was road trip crossing Austria from Germany. We were worried since our rented car insurance didn't have theft coverage in Italy. Never heard about the 3rd & 4th places..
Old 28th April 2011, 12:00   #25
BHPian

Re: Visiting World Heritage Sites

I recently visited the Cinque Terre (translate to 5 lands) in Italy, it is the heritage site. They are small and picturesque villages on the cliff of mountain facing the sea. One can do the tracking between these villages. These 5 villages are located within 12 KM, every half an hours trains runs through these villages, one can buy a day pass for the tain and visit the villages.

Our plan was to leave the Munich by CNL (City night line) train at 9 PM, it reaches Florance the next morning at 6 AM. Then we took a train to PISA spent 3 hrs and left for the Cinque Terre. Spent 2 days in Cinque Terre and left for the Venice, which takes 6 hour from Cinque Terre.

One of the village Manarola
Name:  IMG_0904_resize.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  158.7 KB
Old 21st May 2011, 19:39   #26
BHPian

Re: Visiting World Heritage Sites

Vernazza, one of the village from Cinque Terre

Visiting World Heritage Sites-img_1185_wm_resize_1.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks