Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 09:51   #31
BHPian

I had a connecting flight from Guwahati to Jorhat so after departing from Delhi Flight was 20 Minutes late , I was worried about the connecting flight
Our flight crew informed that the flight is 20 minutes late.
I was pissed off because for me if I will miss connecting flight it means 8 hours journey by road to that place from guwahati & all my plans will be ruined.

Last time when my agent boarded the same flight flight was late for an hour and Jet provided them a connecting bus from Guwahati to Jorhat.

Finally , I landed at 12:35 PM and I asked commercial crew about the status , they informed me that flight is waiting for the passengers and I called my and imformed her that I will be there in 30 Minutes.

There I had done another mistake , Frankly I was travelling in a connecting flight for the first time so when luggage came at the runway for identification
I took my baggage from the trolley and came with the suitcase in the Plane! Not exactly but sort off.

It seems spectacle to me as I was the only one you was carrying suitcase in hand then I asked cabin crew
I settled down very well and then don’t know how thirty minutes passed by the views and beauty of the eastern part of the country. Our Plane landed and Captain said the “ Current temperature is 35 degree Celsius and humidity is 70 percent.

I called her again and asked who is coming to airport she said that she is coming with another sir , ( Abhijeet ) and both of them are coming to receive me. I was so glad , because she was not well and came there.

The temperature was sweating like the same when one hour rain followed by sunlight in Delhi , in month of August or May.

Right from my undergarments to socks were soaked in sweat. I loaded my baggage from the conveyer belt on the trolley and moved outside the airport , The airport actually was a airforce base from where the private players takes permission for landing and take off , I head off outside and she asked me to walk for few minutes as she was on her way.

I looked the coming vehicles on the way , and started to check weather my GPS is working in this remote location , but to my surprise it was working perfectly fine , In mean time I called my home and informed them that I reached pune finally but actually I was at some other place. To the different part of the country.

A silver color Tata Sumo finally arrived and driver came and parked vehicle just in front of me. A man in his 40 ‘s or may be lesser was sitting with her on the back seat and came outside to put luggage in the boot , I shake hand with him and introduced me as Anshul , and He introduced him as “ Abhijeet”

The car was exclusively booked for us and I can feel the emotions in her eyes , she was not well. A worry of uneasiness was on her face , Even I was so tired & The Tata’s patented nausea for diesel vehicle made her condition worst. I also started feeling the fumes of burning diesel . This is specialty of tata vehicles that they will provide you enough reasons not to forget their rides.

to be continued....
Old 16th March 2010, 10:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
I arrived at the airport JOT intentionally, The trick is never get in queue for boarding pass. Just wait at the lounge or restroom where you feel comfortable and then just before 45 minutes arrival to the flight or may be half an hour ask some airline attendant that sorry I am late I have a flight to catch can you please help in my boarding pass. Hurray ! She will take you like a VIP and get it done in minutes. You don’t need to stand in long queues because these days domestic flights are more or less same like railways.
Haha, ^^^this is precisely the reason we see a poor customer service in India.
Old 16th March 2010, 12:32   #33
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

and a young lady approached me and said “ Your Seat number ? “ I looked at the seat number on the left side and said 23 D.
The girl was looking sexy and , I thank god for giving me a good companion for the flight to be continued.....
Men will be men. Here's a guy going to meet his agent and he still longs for a companion like this!

Anyway, it's one hell of a conference you've set out on!
Old 16th March 2010, 12:45   #34
BANNED

Quote:
You don’t need to stand in long queues because these days domestic flights are more or less same like railways.
And you think that is smart?

Negative rating to this travelogue.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

this is not usual practice... keep chill dude!! Just a suggestion If you want you can follow! else leave it...
Old 16th March 2010, 13:37   #36
BHPian

Thats a nice travelouge Kaushik. I am not sure how I missed this thread all these days. Your way of writing is really impressive and i love the part where you gave the reason for naming your GF as agent 47. you are absolutely bang-on on the reasons stated. Keep it coming buddy.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Interesting travelogue. So, from Jorhat, where to ?

Your travelogue reminds me of the 7 awesome years (1979-86, during the AASU agitation) that we spent in Assam. And ofcourse visits to the equally beautiful places like Nagaland, Manipur etc.

Our NE states are so blessed by nature that it is a pity that strife and violence prevents people from other states in visiting them. I went again in 94 on work, but was a short 2-day purely-work trip.

Would love to take my wife & kid along so that they can see those beautiful places, but she is like, "What ? You want to get me killed in some terrorist attack there ? No way". Looks like I will have to do it alone.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:26   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Thats a nice travelouge Kaushik. I am not sure how I missed this thread all these days. Your way of writing is really impressive and i love the part where you gave the reason for naming your GF as agent 47. you are absolutely bang-on on the reasons stated. Keep it coming buddy.
Thanks for your words mate!! Just one more short para and then followed by loads of pictures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Interesting travelogue. So, from Jorhat, where to ?
Your travelogue reminds me of the 7 awesome years (1979-86, during the AASU agitation) that we spent in Assam. And ofcourse visits to the equally beautiful places like Nagaland, Manipur etc.
Indeed that place is really awesome!! From jorhat I went Shillong , Cherapunji and other places... keep checking , Another part I will be posting soon... (1979-84). I was not ever born during this timeline It must be nostalgic , Few of my friends often label me as an old product packed in late 80's by mistake!!

There is even some tabu created by media and papers this is my opinion it might be possible that I had not visited the effected areas but even after returning home safely , I had a very hostile session with my parents and they warned me that It should not happen again in future , because for them I was in Pune for office trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Men will be men. Here's a guy going to meet his agent and he still longs for a companion like this!

Anyway, it's one hell of a conference you've set out on!
Yeah men will be men!! & I feel that the main culprit is the only testosterone secreted by our brains...

Last edited by Dippy : 18th March 2010 at 12:39. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
This is another form of "chaltha hai" attitude; when same set of people travel abroad, they form a disciplined line & are obedient school kid.

Quote:
this is not usual practice... keep chill dude!! Just a suggestion If you want you can follow! else leave it...
No offence meant - but see to that one day they don't give you shivers when they say a big sorry. Now that you've shared it, even by mistake I wouldn't adopt it. Continue with your travelogue man bring them with photos.

OT - I was expecting some twist in the story (movie) or some issues with flight & thought you would've driven all way from Delhi
Old 16th March 2010, 14:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
This is another form of "chaltha hai" attitude; when same set of people travel abroad, they form a disciplined line & are obedient school kid.
Yes absolutely true...

Quote:
No offence meant - but see to that one day they don't give you shivers when they say a big sorry.
Will definitely tackle this.. !! and yes pictures will be rolling out this thread soon!! Very soon....

Quote:
OT - I was expecting some twist in the story (movie) or some issues with flight & thought you would've driven all way from Delhi
Nice One... That kind of stuff happened when I went there again with her from delhi , we missed our connecting flight and we have to travel 8 hours in a taxi but that was my second trip and very filmi types.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we missed our connecting flight and we have to travel 8 hours in a taxi but that was my second trip and very filmi types.
Aaha, looks like this movie has not even come till intreval, but I've carried out a pooja for your next movie
Old 16th March 2010, 15:31   #42
BHPian

The place was really nice but weather was not , the place was totally filled up with the moisture in the air and humidity , It was a nostalgia of old times , Malgudi Days kind of small shops on each side. Wooden roofs and land cultivated with green tea estates and gardens.

All houses were build to harvest rain water . But I had not seen any greener place then this. It was a small town and the place where I have to initially was the abhijeet sir’s house. In our way we (me & abhijeet) talked about politics , as he was from Bengal I talked bit about the industrialization , Nano Impact Mamta Banerjee & all . I asked her to have some water and offered her to change seat.

After some 14 kms from the airport I reached a small village owned by the company where she worked , Not village exactly but a township . For me it was a village where I struggled for BSNL signals daily from past few month.

That was a nice quarter situated at the right place , For a person like me who is from delhi , love Himalayas in that climate I was struggling for existence. But I need to survive without AC / with a table fan not even with a cooler. First thing I had was shower , I stood under shower for around 15 minutes to radiate heat from my body like a rhino with hard skin.

Me , My Agent47 , Abhijeet chatted for some time and then she left for her quarter. I started playing games on my PSP to kill some time. But then I finally asked abhijeet that I would not able to live in this kind of heat. I need a good hotel to stay.

I knew we need to go for dinner but the only name of public transport there was walking , you can walk in public without worry. I was quite hesitated to ask abhijeet for the car. So finally All my preparations , my 13K rupees for the dinner is now coming with a threesome dinner.

Abhijeet told me that he knew a place where I will enjoy but I was thinking exactly opposite & taking him lightly.

But she was not feeling well I forced her to drink lot of glucose , water , ors and liquid liquid liquid… when she felt better she called me that she is ready for the dinner , I asked abhijeet to join as well. I also requested abhijeet that I should take my luggage with me and will take a good hotel room to stay away from heat.

The time was 5:30 and I looked out of window the sun was gone! And the moon was providing light for the bare necessity like a night lamp. Then I came to know that here sun sets at 5:00 PM. This was also the reason when I received a phone from office at 5:13 PM , I thought my colleague is in office and struggling to fix some servers at midnight.

Again at 8:30PM abhijeet came with few fried potatoes , But I was starving like anything I took only 2 and asked him to be fast before I die of starvation. We then approached to pick her from her quarter. She was feeling good , and we departed After 30 minutes of darkness finally I figured a ray of light.

Yes that was the city , streets were illuminated to some extent and both sides of the road was occupied by the closed shops & yes indeed I was able to figure out one Vishal Mega Mart in that jungle! Hats off to you guys for providing this kind of shopping experience at that part"I thought".

Abhijeet took a right turn in his maruti 800 , 1994 model, perfect condition except you need some extra force to close rear door of the car. ( Which he said "He will be fixing it soon !" ) .

He asked me to look at the big illuminated MD’s in a narrow lane , I asked what’s so special about the place , he explained that this place is the best place to stay and eat in jorhat. I again had no reaction , because for his good and my good there was a disctance of 2500 kms.

He parked car in the basement , yes basement so India is developing guys with basement parking in small towns & villages but to my surprise the basement was full with the latest & expensive cars. I was totally astonished by viewing a new outlander parked inside.

Then from basement we reached stairs to the main lobby. Few steps on the stairs again I was shocked at the interiors of the luxurious plush hotel. All wood and marble. Both the sides with hand crafted tiles . Elegantly placed tables and latest magazines in the lobby with an elevator made me to think that I have finally entered to a different world.

The first floor was sweet shop , the second floor was restaurant , We entered restaurant area and It was really good more then my expectations , Initially we decided that my Agent will not take anything other then soup but then as she was feeling better we ordered alu jeera and curd for her , & she promised that she will also take one chapatti which is more then her normal diet.

Finally me and abhijeet ordered two raitas , alu jeera , dal makhani , kadhaii paneer and tandoor rotis. That was the first time I am having a threesome dinner with my GF.

But it was more like a formal one. We had a really good dinner and the cost was under 500 bucks , I was gald to have a 500 rupees dinner by spending 14 thousand on tickets.

The ambience was good and the hotel was packed with good people executives from her own company. But finally she was feeling well after dehydration and food poisoning. I was in love with the Hotel seriously , I was eager to view and checkin. The price of the hotel for an executive room was 1800 + Taxes. After the wonderful dinner where we discussed about her health and food available in an around delhi I checked in and spent my night there.

to be continued....

Last edited by Dippy : 18th March 2010 at 12:40. Reason: Use only two smilies per post. Thanks.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:39   #43
BHPian

kaushik, I just gave a 5 star rating to this thread. Just one dissappointment is we are missing the photos.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:48   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
kaushik, I just gave a 5 star rating to this thread. Just one dissappointment is we are missing the photos.
Thanks Guys.... Your patience till tomorrow will be really appreciated. "Sabr ka phal meeta hota hai yaaro"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Aaha, looks like this movie has not even come till intreval, but I've carried out a pooja for your next movie
Thanks for the puja aargee , I would definitely share profit with you after production

Last edited by Dippy : 18th March 2010 at 12:40. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:52   #45
BHPian

Excellent Write up Kaushik, it would have been a wonderful feeling seeing her in the airport right, by the way what did you take from Delhi for your girlfriend??

Look forward to the Pictures now.

Most Viewed