Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 11:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Its good to see a different part of India; keep the pics coming.
OT - Horrible number plate, just violating another law.
Old 17th March 2010, 11:57   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Nice set of pics to start with kaushik...I can say the story is getting interesting as you progress ....

Thanks,
Srini..
Thanks!! a ton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Its good to see a different part of India; keep the pics coming.
OT - Horrible number plate, just violating another law.
You made me to upload pictures before schedule
Old 17th March 2010, 12:06   #63
BHPian

The name of the driver was jitender ( jitu ) and was born and brough up in assam only. We took left turn from our place and headed towards NH 37.
Assam is connected to Meghalaya with two stretch of National Highway one is NH 37 Right from the starting and then another stretch is NH 40.

The temperature was very high and willingly or unwillingly I had not any option so that was the first time I traveled INDIGO CS. I heard a lot of things about beauty in Assam and this part of the country.

We need to cross two states two states and also need to cross the most well known wild life century “Kaziranga National Park” After travelling 100 kms we reached kaziranga national park. Park was closed because of some poaching activity.

I was tracing myself on the GPS and asking & informing about the next place after another to my surprise the route which GPS informed and guided me was the same taken by the driver and is the only way to reach shilling. My quest for adventure started when driver said that look a rhino!! But it was too late , I had placed my camera on the back seat of the car so was not able to take a shot but it was really massive.

It was very good to saw the placed sign boards on the road like " keep slow wildlife can cross this road."

Somehow we managed to cross initial 200 kms with superb roads and scenic beauty but as we are still the part of developing nation no NH in India is smooth , The next 88 kms part we had to handle with bumps and damaged road but it was all right , because from Jorbat Onwards road was good as informed by the driver .

My driver was as told earlier was born and brought up in assam and he was from a poor family , I was asking him that how do you earn and he was getting 3000 rupees a month for driving day and night , the day I arrived for shillong he just came back at 3:00 AM from dropping a person at guwahati . The way to the jorbat was good with lots of greenry and tea plantation. As we were running out of time , I had clicked few photographs in the sports mode with My DSLR.

to be continued....

Last edited by akaushik : 17th March 2010 at 12:13.
Old 17th March 2010, 12:10   #64
BHPian

very nice write up bro..hope your agent 47 doesn't reads this..
lol..tc..
Old 17th March 2010, 13:07   #65
BHPian

wow!!! That Vally pic is truly awesome i cant imagine how it would have been in real eyes.
Old 17th March 2010, 15:05   #66
BHPian

All the best kaushik on your quest to convince your future FIL . Picture 7 took my breath away . Keep it coming and On a lighter note dont be a miser with the photos .
Old 17th March 2010, 15:11   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
very nice write up bro..hope your agent 47 doesn't reads this..
lol..tc..
Thanks mate , But what if

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
wow!!! That Vally pic is truly awesome i cant imagine how it would have been in real eyes.
Thanks buddy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
All the best kaushik on your quest to convince your future FIL . Picture 7 took my breath away . Keep it coming and On a lighter note dont be a miser with the photos .
Thanks..Uploading few more..
Old 17th March 2010, 15:17   #68
BHPian

Few More eye candies not in sync with story... On Request of all Will upload them with story as well while describing the place and other details...
Attached Thumbnails
Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc055981.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05629.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05609.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05528.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05458.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05476.jpg  

Old 17th March 2010, 15:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

I thought of writing Pic DSC05476 is looking awesome, but on the second look of all the pics, I should be writing all of them; simply awesome pics. The pic with M800 is giving an eerie feeling & the first one - unable to put in words - simply mesmerizing.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:07   #70
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Good pics you got there. The pic of the red maruti with the cloudy backdrop was good. It looks as though the lady in the tree is welcoming the car with open arms!
Old 18th March 2010, 12:33   #71
BHPian

few more .... from the same route
Attached Thumbnails
Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05396.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05397.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05399.jpg  

Old 20th March 2010, 03:53   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

The pics are beyond words! I loved the pic in which Maruti is parked on the road side. would have been better if it was a panoramic shot.
Old 21st March 2010, 10:41   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The pics are beyond words! I loved the pic in which Maruti is parked on the road side. would have been better if it was a panoramic shot.
Thanks Dude.. It was really a heaven Cherapunji the wettest place on earth and driving between the clouds was a very unforgettable experience..
Old 21st March 2010, 11:01   #74
BHPian

It was around 8 When we reached Jorbat the driver was very tired.
It was night and the stretch was full of Trucks every 500 meters , I had to overtake them one by one and still Shillong was 97 kms. That streatch was NH 40 and was known to be the worst National Highways in terms of security and that too at night but I was totally intoxicated with the nature. My car was really chilled with ac on 2nd point.

We crossed another milestone called Bada Pani and from there it took me around 2 hours to reach there we still manage to get 45 kms on an average.

But My night mare starts at 10:30 , The time I reached shilling I entered the main market called police bazzar. The name was only Police Bazzar and there were no signs of police.It is quite wondering that its name was police bazzar like ladu sarai in delhi has nothing to do with ladoos & kamla nagar has nothing to do with kamla bai’s and all. So the place was totally deserted.

Driver Said " Ye tau Curfew laga hua hai " For an instance I was totally numb and was thinking about my decision.

I get off from the car and asked one security guard in front of SBI , ATM he informed me that there is no curfew but it is deserted because its late night. I started to look out for the hotels but all the hotels were packed. that was the first time in my life I experienced this kind of stuff.

Then luckily there was one room vacant in 4 start hotel which the receptionist agreed to lend me for around 3000+ Taxes and for one night only. He specially mentioned that I need to take another room and will have to check out tomorrow morning and he is giving me this for just a night.

I was completely helpless as after struggling and wandering here and there for more then 3 hours on streets with lots of valuables in my bag finally I manged to get accommodation. I checked inside and took a breadth of relief. A dinner with my GF will be so exciting I had never think of!

to be continued...
Old 21st March 2010, 11:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

@kaushik you haven't posted anything since last 2 days; keep them coming man, waiting eagerly to see the pics.

Most Viewed