Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 10:40   #1
BHPian

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF

# What if your girlfriend grabbed an opportunity to be part of the most reputed government institution as a research scientist in North East?

# What if you are placing your a** everyday on the same office chair and search job openings in that part of India?

# What if , you frequently park your vehicle on road and search for Airtel Signals or boosters to Express Yourself ?

& Finally what do you do if one day your GF asks you for a planned dinner that is 2000+ kms from your home ?

So find out the answers.....

Hello ! Every One.. No, this is not Rock On! Song which I will be going to share with you all in my sweet voice!

Because this voice is only sweet for my few girlfriends. My other girlfriends think that I am the old 60’s product packed in 80’s by mistake! Jokes apart, lets start with a wonderful trip log , a Journey which I had recently completed. 4 Days hell lot of fun in North Eastern part of India.

The region where most of the people don’t want to visit because of the taboo created by our Indian Media & News papers. This part of the world sometimes called as the third world in Indian Sub continent because of the disturbances.

So to share my experience I have a wonderful story for you all because I had not planned to be here,(from where I am writing this log). Lot of things happened to me during these 4 days , right from weather sickness ! (My own created epidemic for me) to knocking hotel doors at midnight for rooms. I have also lost my lovely Tooth Brush.

Lets start with a flash back as all good stories starts with one so why to take chance , It all started a week Back!!

I am not good at writing so you need to compromise, thanks...
to be continued...
Old 11th March 2010, 10:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

You are good at writing!!
We are waiting for the story to begin, North East is one of the least-visited regions of India, we are all eager to hear your story
Old 11th March 2010, 11:08   #3
BHPian

It was a weekend and I was watching “ Face Off - Nicolas Cage Movie” in my Home Theater ®. Suddenly a pulse was sent out from one of the towers from north east India (BSNL) to Airtel , Delhi. My phone rang up shouting like if he was in screaming competition with a 7.1 Dolby Digital ® System Installed in my room.

I just noticed blinking phone’s lcd in dark room. “Calling Agent47”. Yet again I always denote my girlfriend as a agent in my phone book directory. Basically for two reasons , (I) till the time they (girls) are your girlfriends they are just agents who want to know your important activities for the day a summary kind of a thing.

But the moment they (again girls) became your wife they promoted to officers automatically, where they are always curious to know where you are and what you are doing without any time constraints. And the (ii)second reason is in this way you are protecting rather encrypting name of your GF from external parties may be your parents , other friends etc..

The moment I noticed , I picked up my remote paused my movie and then said helo! Yes.. A very sweet voice rushed into my ears like a pulse of electric current , sent to my pituitary gland for secreting all kinds of hormones. “I miss you Agent47” , seems odd but I don’t want to reveal her name in front of everybody otherwise she will kick my a$$ without giving me a second chance.

We had not dated since a long time back , I said.
How can we ? , you know that I am sitting 2500 kms away from you , in a different part of the country, She said

Well , I don’t know I am crazy , Please come to delhi otherwise you will be held responsible & then jailed for a person’s mental instability & lover’s syndrome. I said

Ok , If you love me then visit me we have a very good restaurant here , we will sit , talk & chat on dinner. she said..

So till now my gf wants me to come to her place for a dinner. A dinner which will be costing me around 20 Thousand + Taxes.

The first thing which I thought about was “ OMG” … because there were several questions still unanswered in my mind like How I will manage my office ?

And what about my parents? That day was 23rd September 09. I stopped my movie and logged in to search for the flights..to my surprise the place where she is being posted for sometime is in the north eastern region of this world!

I checked several times on various portals but all my efforts were in vein. I called her again and asked "do I need to wait for the time till hemo sapiens will evolve with wings like batman or is there any way to reach there." Then to she informed that only I will be getting connecting flights on Thursday’s & Sunday’s to reach that place.

Holy **** , This means if I will have to manage to be a part of dinner with her then apart from the amount which I am spending on the tickets , I will have to take leaves , & will wait for the plane to come again after dropping fellow passengers to new delhi. It was like a phat – phat seva of modern times the only difference is of road & air.

I grabbed a calendar from my pocket , not a conventional one of course with the images of Sai Baba or Jai mata di on top and usually some jewel store , property dealer’s address at the bottom.

I checked my to do’s and upcoming meeting if any at the office and then analyzed all Thursdays & Sunday’s. she also insisted that the coming 1st is Thursday and I can take leave followed by Gandhi Baba Jayanti , In this regard I would like to really thank gandiji for saving one leave for me , as I don’t have many either.

Somehow this idea clicked my mind to some extent but taking leaves is another thing. If I will cross this hurdle then how I will inform My Parents, that their son is going for a dinner in North East and in the state where curfews and bandh’s are normal part of life. I logged on to check the status of the flight for the days specified by her and to my surprise there was only one airline Jet Lite which is connecting that part of India to the rest of the world.

Jet has just came up after a long strike so there was no chance of fooling her that flights are not available. Every time when I had tried to save my 15 Thousand’s for the ticket she offered me that she will going to book it for me~.

I was selecting the departure and arrival of my flight , I received a call from HSBC that I had not used my HSBC since one year so they informed me that they will be going to cancel my card if I will not use it in two three days.
I thought that , even god wants to have dinner with us , A pop up came “ Your total travel expense including your flight is 13 thousand blah blah blah…. I opened my wallet and paid that Jet guys the amount they want from me for the expensive dinner! Yes I will manage rest of the things somehow ( My parents , my office , my work everything…)

to be continued.....
Old 11th March 2010, 11:09   #4
BHPian

Keep them coming Kaushik. Make sure you have loads of pictures as well
Old 11th March 2010, 11:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

I second HV Sirs opinion. Your writing is good.Nice style!!
and you lucky to have 'few' girlfriends .
Now post your pics and let us see, what all you saw in that part of our beautiful country.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:12   #6
Team-BHP Support

Are you using the word 'girlfriend' as a plural?

Does this trip have a happy ending? I would be interested in reading love stories only if the couple lives happily every after. No tragedies please.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Keep them coming Kaushik. Make sure you have loads of pictures as well
Yeah I do have loads of pics... I will upload them as soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I second HV Sirs opinion. Your writing is good.Nice style!!
and you lucky to have 'few' girlfriends .
Now post your pics and let us see, what all you saw in that part of our beautiful country.
Thanks for your comments dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Are you using the word 'girlfriend' as a plural?

Does this trip have a happy ending? I would be interested in reading love stories only if the couple lives happily every after. No tragedies please.
Yup it was an happy ending and the best part is I made her to quit that job for me and now she is happy to be a lecturer in Delhi University...

so here is a teaser picture for you guys A collage , A wallpaper what ever you say for your desktops...
Attached Thumbnails
Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-northeast.jpg  

Old 11th March 2010, 11:26   #8
BHPian

Hey this sounds so much like the travelogue someone had posted earlier. Are you the same person or are you posting a different one now. Anyhow, keep it coming. Great writing skills.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 11th March 2010 at 11:30.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
Yup it was an happy ending and the best part is I made her to quit that job for me and now she is happy to be a lecturer in Delhi University...
Congratulations for the happy ending, but probably it is just the beginning.
So since September 2009 till March 2010, a lot has happened. Eager to read your story man. Put it down fast.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Hey this sounds so much like the travelogue someone had posted earlier. Are you the same person or you are posting a different one now. Anyhow, keep it coming. Great writing skills.
Actually was not free at that point of time so I have deleted the older one which was not precise and processed... Now It will be a neat and end to end complete as I am over with few of my projects!!! ;-)
Old 11th March 2010, 11:36   #11
BHPian

Ok.

Are we reading this for the second time now ?
I kinda have a strange but very strong feeling I've read this very script earlier on tbhp itself.
Old 11th March 2010, 11:38   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Ok.

Are we reading this for the second time now ?
I kinda have a strange but very strong feeling I've read this very script earlier on tbhp itself.
Dude you might have read , two three pages not more then that so you can stick in here for rest of it...it was quite long back. BTW old thread has been deleted..
Old 11th March 2010, 13:53   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
Dude you might have read , two three pages not more then that so you can stick in here for rest of it...it was quite long back. BTW old thread has been deleted..
Yes i remember reading this here. BTW why was your post deleted?
Anyway, you are quite a writer.
Old 11th March 2010, 14:05   #14
BHPian

The teaser pic look awesome...

So your GF is back in Delhi... then as you said.. God wanted you to visit NE and have dinner there with your GF for some divine reason that you will fathom probably a few years down the line
Old 11th March 2010, 15:27   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
The teaser pic look awesome...

So your GF is back in Delhi... then as you said.. God wanted you to visit NE and have dinner there with your GF for some divine reason that you will fathom probably a few years down the line
Thanks for your words dude indeed... I am looking forward for the same..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks