Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 10:43   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Sen, whats your monsoon trip plan ? Hope you dont mind sharing your plan!!

Cheers,

Jay

Hmm.. to retrace the footsteps of two of my travel gurus... ADC and yourself!
As of now, everything is on the drawing board and the drafter is yet to be purchased. Sketching with just the tee and set squares now.

Will call you and discuss when you're within airtel range. Do buzz when you're back.. don't forget!
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:55   #182
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Hi ADC,
Could you please post the research documents you may have prepared while prepping this trip?
Here it is, just varied posts collected from the net regarding that part of
Arunachal, not any specific document kind of thing.
ARUNACHAL TAWANG DOCUMENT.doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Sen, whats your monsoon trip plan ? Hope you dont mind sharing your plan!!
Quote:
Will call you and discuss when you're within airtel range. Do buzz when you're back.. don't forget!
Jay, believe me, Sen will be on a great adventure journey this monsoon. It would be a high travel of adventure and unknown, monsoon will make that place enchanting and also dangerous! I am very tempted to join him, ignoring all my work and my kid's school days.

So, Jay dont miss up on this - go along with him.

@Sen, there is a road in Brazil that goes through the Amazon forest and is one great adventure road in rainy season [even buses have a winch out there]. Really a wish is there to go through that road at least once in a lifetime - it is a different matter that I dont even have a passport till now.

Anyway, may be you will be finding such a road on the tour! And if you do, surely call me up, will be there in 2 days!!

Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam]-20080613074646.dsc07963.jpg
Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam]-20080619115327.humaitamanaus_atolada2.jpg
Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam]-dia1108.jpg
Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam]-dia1212.jpg
Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam]-dia1233.jpg

Last edited by adc : 3rd May 2010 at 01:13.
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:48   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Had once seen a program in Travel and living channel about world’s ten most adventurous roads. In that a similar road from Brazil was also there, guess it may be the same. Tires were making huge cuts in to mud that the vehicles were resting on undercarriage and loosing grip. So they were using shovels to push mud from middle of the road to tyre track. Guess in that out of ten routes Leh- Manali route was the third or fourth adventurous.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 3rd May 2010 at 12:48. Reason: Format edit
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:57   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Jay, believe me, Sen will be on a great adventure journey this monsoon. It would be a high travel of adventure and unknown, monsoon will make that place enchanting and also dangerous! I am very tempted to join him, ignoring all my work and my kid's school days.

So, Jay dont miss up on this - go along with him.

@Sen, there is a road in Brazil that goes through the Amazon forest and is one great adventure road in rainy season [even buses have a winch out there]. Really a wish is there to go through that road at least once in a lifetime - it is a different matter that I dont even have a passport till now.

Anyway, may be you will be finding such a road on the tour! And if you do, surely call me up, will be there in 2 days!!

OMG!

I just hope that the roads are not like these when I check them out. But, if they are, I will most definitely call you. I would rather venture out in a convoy of gurus than to just dig ahead alone.
Lets just hope things work out as planned and adventure comes my way in plenty.

And, thanks a lot for the document. Will call you tonight for more info.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:34   #185
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Had once seen a program in Travel and living channel about world’s ten most adventurous roads. In that a similar road from Brazil was also there, guess it may be the same. Tires were making huge cuts in to mud that the vehicles were resting on undercarriage and loosing grip. So they were using shovels to push mud from middle of the road to tyre track. Guess in that out of ten routes Leh- Manali route was the third or fourth adventurous.
In National Geographic dangerous road list was shown, dont know anything about Brazil being shown, a similar road was shown of Russia. The most dangerous of course being the Bolivian road.

This road is on where the Camel Trophy started - now on that route it is Transamazônica Expedition

Quote:
Lets just hope things work out as planned and adventure comes my ay in plenty
Most probably you will get more than you would have liked. Already there are landslides and road[if there are any] blockades, this April end. And definitely there is such a road somewhere someplace over there. Lets have a talk!

Last edited by adc : 3rd May 2010 at 18:36.
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:58   #186
BHPian

Hi,

Thanks for this travelogue. It was really amazing. I am sure, Arunachal will be on everyone's wish now. Thanks again for this wonderful travelogue.
Old 14th August 2010, 19:55   #187
BHPian

ADC,

Incredible! Thanks for sharing this, posts like these make it easier for lesser experienced travellers like me make audacious plans. North East is looking more imminent next year.

I had seen a Sumo with those BF Goodrich ATs near my place in Delhi and wondered "why", now I know. It was registered to Amity School, so a part of the "why" is still unanswered.
Old 14th August 2010, 20:33   #188
BHPian

The "avatar" snap

WOW!! ADC has done it again. That is the picture of pictures... Wonderful imagery.
Old 18th August 2010, 15:48   #189
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for this travelogue. It was really amazing. I am sure, Arunachal will be on everyone's wish now. Thanks again for this wonderful travelogue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
ADC,

Incredible! Thanks for sharing this, posts like these make it easier for lesser experienced travellers like me make audacious plans. North East is looking more imminent next year.

I had seen a Sumo with those BF Goodrich ATs near my place in Delhi and wondered "why", now I know. It was registered to Amity School, so a part of the "why" is still unanswered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevn View Post
WOW!! ADC has done it again. That is the picture of pictures... Wonderful imagery.
That sure was one great travel, and thanks much for the appreciation - Arunachal is one big undiscovered place and one will come back surely with awe, amazement and fulfillment.

Last edited by adc : 18th August 2010 at 15:49.
Old 18th August 2010, 20:11   #190
BHPian

I have not driven more than 10,500 km so far plus not yet in snow & have a Wagon R. If i were to take the car to a place like Bumla in the winters, what would be your advise.

Overall i want to know what should i be ready for given its low ground clearence and small and not all terrian tyre.
Old 10th May 2011, 19:33   #191
BHPian

Re: Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam

Better late than never. Just bumped into this travelogue and was glued from start to finish. Very interesting and excellent write up/narration as well as pictures adc. Thanks for bringing this to us.

I now feel ashamed being a native of Manipur, I have never been to the extremes of the other 'sisters'. Once, long ago, bunch of us went on bikes for a 10 day ride across Manipur, Assam, Mizoram, Sikkim but we went through only the towns/cities and did not go to specific areas like you did. And those were in the days of film cameras and we could not afford a camera (one of our friend's father did have one - when asked, he refused. Our friend tried to smuggle it out of the house but he got caught and eventually has to stayback as his father kept a close eye on him) so no pictures.
Now with challenging travelogues like this one, I am actively thinking of 'returning to roots' and do a NE tour one of these weeks. Just need to settle properly with work, family and then will plan. I will definitely get in touch with you, if and when that day comes.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Some pictures and narration brought very emotional feelings in me. Thank you.
Old 13th May 2011, 14:09   #192
Senior - BHPian

Re: Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam

Dada, it reminded me of my good old days of serving in Indian Army and in Arunachal Pradesh. It also brought back the memories of NE trip we did in 2008. We had planned to go to Tawang by Helicopter. As flight got cancelled, we headed to Nameri and what a place it was!! Again it was on New year day and we had good fun!! Awesome food and great guys!!!

I am adding two pics

The brillaint Sun rise we saw as we moved for the trek into the forest in the morning

Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam]-dsc02459.jpg

Rafting on the Nameri river - The water, sky and sorroundings seems to be in coplete harmony!
Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam]-rafting-river.jpg
Old 24th May 2011, 19:27   #193
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Overall i want to know what should i be ready for given its low ground clearence and small and not all terrian tyre.
I missed out on your query -- definitely you can go with the wagon R. Roads of Arunachal are narrow but black topped since it is a vital army supply route. Only that Bumla would be out of bounds for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Now with challenging travelogues like this one, I am actively thinking of 'returning to roots' and do a NE tour one of these weeks. Just need to settle properly with work, family and then will plan. I will definitely get in touch with you, if and when that day comes.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Some pictures and narration brought very emotional feelings in me. Thank you.
Those are some wonderful words and in fact I would be catching up with you when we head to some of the most unknown places in NE by this year end, most probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
we headed to Nameri and what a place it was!! Again it was on New year day and we had good fun!! Awesome food and great guys!!!
Thanks much Fauji and really good pictures too. Nameri is a an great place to relax and be with nature. I see a great travel story of yours on the front page, heading towards it right away!

Last edited by adc : 24th May 2011 at 19:32.
adc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 11:26   #194
Senior - BHPian

You ladakh trip's travelogue never happened despite promise by you. So many waiting for your travelogue. Present time is also right time.
Old 30th May 2011, 12:42   #195
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
You ladakh trip's travelogue never happened despite promise by you. So many waiting for your travelogue. Present time is also right time.
What can I say, lost interest in all writings and forums, even my own site writings, though travel intermittently continued, but starting from today and finishing off in 6 days flat, by end of this week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks