Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 14:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45007 View Post
Rajesh,

I said : There are parking (Paid) places available at Hogenakkal.

But, there are many who don't park inside those parking areas and park it in other areas. IF you are concerned; you can park it in the specifide Zone and pay some nominal (Rs.10/20) charges. ITS SAFE !

Dont worry at all.
Thanks a ton. I will plan a trip to Hogenakkal some saturday / sunday in the coming days.
Old 3rd April 2010, 16:53   #17
BHPian

okk.. but if possible, leave early morning.

Advantages :

1) You avoid traffic
2) Reach the place by 9 AM and finish sight-seeing by 12 to avoid hot weather
Old 3rd April 2010, 16:54   #18
BHPian

After 12, if you want - you can spend time below tree shadows or bathing in water / taking oil massage etc.
Old 19th April 2010, 15:11   #19
BHPian

My first trip on my Maruti Ritz VDI to Hogenakkal

Route Onward:
Via Bangalore-Hosur-Thenkanikkottai-Anjatti-Naatrapalayam-Hogenakkal
Distance Travelled(from silkboard flyover):120kms
Road condition: OK kinda two lane road for first 110kms and pathetic for last 10kms.

Route Return:
NH-Dharmapuri-Krishnagiri-Hosur-Bangalore
Distance:180kms
Road condition: Blissful

About the Journey:
After my purchase of Maruti Suzuki Ritz this is my first long trip. Me and my friend started in two cars from silkboard around 5.45. Mine is Ritz VDI and my friends is Santro Xing. As I wanted run in my engine didn't cross 2krpm and max of 80km. My friends is also a brand new Santro Xing. But he least cared about run in. So always he was ahead of me and he slowed down often only to keep me on par. Our car was very heavily packed. Me, My wife, My Father, Mother, Brothers Daughter(3rd std), Son(1st Std). I suggested the route onwards as once(before 5yrs) I had gone in the same route with my Bajaj pulsar. As I expected most of the route was inside forest. But one has to see google maps then only he can believe it is a forest. Because of failed rain and piercing sun all leaves turned brown during the way. Still we could hear some qwick..qwicks.. by the birds when we stopped in between. My friend is always a NH lover but I forced him through this route hoping that we would enjoy the route. It didn't fail to fulfill our hope until first 110kms. Frequently sign boards measured the distance to hogenakkal on the way. One more reason why I wanted this way is I can keep the rpm well under 80 as we have to cross lot of villages in-between & the roads are not that wide. But it turned horrible in the last 10kms. Roads are pathetic. It had not smelled tar at least in the last 5years.
During our return journey I bowed to my friend and we chose the NH. I don't need to say that it’s a bliss.

About the Place:
I've visited this place several times before. I knew how it would be in summer. It was as I expected. Highly crowded as it was a Sunday. Had to struggle a lot for finding a parking spot. It was highly sunny. Each ray of sunlight was just piercing into my skin to test my endurance. I had to immerse myself in water along the river bank to get away from the sun. We took a boat ride which costed 500bugs. After crossing the rocks the boatman finally took as to the river bank where we can park the boat and take a bath. My 1yr old son enjoyed a lot in the water. I remembered one of the funniest lines my friend had uttered about Hogenakkal. In hogenakkal you should be in either water or quarter to enjoy its beauty. Though I didn't agree with the later part always have chosen the first part. In summer, there is nothing like sitting before the waterfalls and enjoy by just seeing its flow. Sun is very hungry in summer. If you have to beat it you have to escape from it by immersing you inside water. One more thing people usually do there is by hiring the cooks who will make you food and serve you in some huts nearby. You have an option to purchase everything and give them some bugs as wage. We offered 250bugs as wage and bought several kgs of fish, required rice,oil,etc.. Had nice spicy fish & food. One can also take oil massage, but definitely you have to give strong instructions for the person not to beat you while massaging. If you are smart enough you will get a good massage. Will try shivanasamudra in my next short trip. But re-thinking whether I should do it in this summer.

About the Vehicle:
I’ve driven it so far for 900kms. I’m absolutely fine with it so far. As I’m a new car owner I cannot comment much on its in-depth details. It is quite smooth while driving. Behaves well on bumps. Easy gear shifting. Gear & Clutch very friendly for beginners. So far has not measured the FE. Will do it after my first service. Thanks for BHPians. On their suggestion only I made the decision to buy this car.

Forgive me for not attaching any snaps as I intentionally forgot to take my camera for the trip.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th April 2010 at 15:20. Reason: Its a short trip review, doesnt warrant a new thread. Merging to already existing similar thread, Thanks
Old 16th June 2010, 21:01   #20
BHPian

Hogenakkal once more !

I had been to Hogenakkal falls last week again. This was exactly after 3 months of my earlier trip (When I wrote this travelogue).

The water level has gone up by 3-4 mtrs easily.

There were only 5-6 falls when I visited in March. Now, there were number of falls.

Some photos enclosed.

I guess by mid-July; the water level will be too high and the place might be risky to visit during mansoon.

About Route taken :
We started late from Bangalore at 11.30 PM, took lunch break at A2B (Krishnagiri) and reached Hogenakkal (via NH7 - Dharmapuri) at 3 PM.
Finished boating and sightseeing by 6 PM, had coffee at a small shop.
On way back, took the same route and dinner break at Kamath (before Hosur).

Reached Bangalore by 11 PM. The best part was the total number of people (travelled) in my Ritz were 8 adults + 1 kid.

Even I was surprised when my two cousins (20-22 yrs of age) could easily sit in the boot space (with door closed). Then, 4 adults + 1 kid at rear seat and two in front.
Old 16th June 2010, 21:22   #21
BHPian

Here are some pics, you can see these pictures and falls on Page 1.
Find the difference between the falls / water levels.
Attached Thumbnails
Hogenakkal Falls: My 1st Long drive with New Ritz Vxi-img_1829.jpg  

Hogenakkal Falls: My 1st Long drive with New Ritz Vxi-img_1838.jpg  

Hogenakkal Falls: My 1st Long drive with New Ritz Vxi-img_1862.jpg  

neo45007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2010, 19:17   #22
mkh
Senior - BHPian

A sudden plan for a day trip has come about and the best option seems like Hogenakkal
I need a few answers, experienced folks can help
1. Is this a good time to go? I mean, is the water level too high for boat rides?
2. Are the boat rides safe enough?
3. I have been on the highway to Yercaud, so i know how to reach Dharmapuri, from there how will i know where to turn to Hogenakkal?
4. I will be with a group that has a couple of foreign nationals, women, is it safe for them? ( heard about some hooligans who land up there so asking)
I think i know that one should take own food and maybe extra pair of clothes
Old 17th November 2010, 16:34   #23
BHPian

is it too late to reply ?

Hi MKH,

I am not sure if its too late to reply to your queries.
Still answering your doubts.

1) Yes, Nov - Feb is a great time to go there.
2) Boat rides are safe and Govt officials have started giving life jackets for free. (when you hire a boat there).
3) Don't take bypass (Flyover) over Dharmapuri town, take service lane or road pointing towards Dharmapuri town from NH7. (Well marked). Then, its well marked till Hogenakkal. (Ask anybody in case of doubt).
4) If you have foreign nationals or women with you, plan to reach by 8 AM; as sometimes the crowd is horrible there.

I will give you one more option for your trip. Try 'Kolli Hills' if you want.
Refer to my travelogue in the link below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-its-best.html
Old 1st October 2011, 19:27   #24
BHPian

Re: Hogenakkal Falls: My 1st Long drive with New Ritz Vxi

Hi Neo,
Thanks for this wonderful thread. I am planning to visit Hogenakkal next week and its truly informative.
I need your help with few questions

i) How is October to visit Hogenakkal ?
ii) What time one should ideally reach there to avoid heavy rush and good weather ?
iii) I would be taking NH7 so basically if I am not wrong, I go straight from Hosur till Dharmapuri and instead of the flyover I take the service road to Dharmapuri, take a right and follow the road till Hogenakkal ?
iv) Do we have some good restaurants on the way for Breakfast/lunch ?
v) Any other places I can visit during my round trip ? I plan to come back by night

Thanks!
Nishan
Old 17th October 2011, 16:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hogenakkal Falls: My 1st Long drive with New Ritz Vxi

i) October is good to visit. Any place in Tamil Nadu is best visited towards the end of the year. It will be Hot but mangeable.
ii) Reach as early as possible. Boating starts by 8:00 am. Reach early to avoid crowds. There are lot of KL registered Tempo Travellers and Other MUV(winger etc) which come at around 10:00 am.
iii) There is a left fork for Dharmapuri Town. Keep right here. and continue. Just before the next flyover keep left and take the service lane below the flyover. At the junction, turn right and its a straight road to hogenakkal.
iv) In my experience, there arent much good eateries on the way, but however there are lot of Dhabas and restaurants on the way. You may enter Dharmapuri town if you need average food. If time is more inportant, there are plenty of small eateries enroute.
v) There are some places around hogenakkal. There is a Crocodile park around 5 kms from Hogenakkal and There is also an aquarium (Govt Run). The aquarium is like any other standard aquarium. Nothing speical, but can kill about 30 mins at the best.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 17th October 2011 at 16:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks