Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 11:28   #136
Senior - BHPian

Sweden has highest Tax rates

I had mentioned before that Sweden has some of the highest tax rates in the world, I found while reading the newspaper today (in far eastern part of the world) the exact numbers.

Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-tax-rates-first-world-economy.jpg

This article was in todays Wall Street Journal.

As one can see, peak individual income tax rates in Sweden is 56.4% and VAT (=sales tax on goods/services) of 25%.

this artical concludes

[quote]

The price of much higher tax burden to finance a cradle to grave entitlement state in europe has been a lower standard of living

[/unquote]

It is an interesting argument, i never thought it this way.
Old 16th April 2010, 23:06   #137
Senior - BHPian

the name of the city is so revolting for us Indians.

Answering this question can be very embarrassing " Bhai kaha gaye they?"
Old 17th April 2010, 07:44   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
You have been my cheerleader while posting this travelogue. You have the second highest posts here in this thread.
Oh!!! Is it? I know I asked too much of questions but never knew this

Quote:
I am happy that despite my schedules, i have completed this travelogue.
for me finishing what has been started is very important.
Very true that you've completed it before the heat dissipates & that's the reason we got hooked upto this thread. I've not been able to post or view anything for last 2-3 days since we're (still) in coorg.

Quote:
thanks for your contribution to keep this going till completion.
Thanks to you too for sharing & we came to know much more than a simple visit & the pictures
Old 17th April 2010, 17:41   #139
Senior - BHPian

Hai Vegabond,

Read all the 10 pages of your beautiful travalogue with pictures. Thanks for sharing, it gives lots of details difficult to get in one place. Useful reference details for anyone wanting to travel there.

Your Post No.88 and List of things to carry / precautions is bang on, one need to be fully prepard for the freezing weather. On my last European/ UK trip, I found that the wind chill can be a killer.

Once you get out from a warm room/ car, cold air can play havoc to exposed parts, my nose tips and ears were worse for the wear, I used the muffler and cap most of the time and eyes were swelling up on and off to sudden exposures!!!!!!

--Ramky
======
Old 19th April 2010, 17:32   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for your contribution to keep this going till completion.

There are other contributors as well especially iPai, MPKsuhas, amitk26, smartcat, MX6, anekho etc have been chipping in, thanks verymuch guys.

there have been several ratings, i do not know all of them, thanks to all of you.
Hi StarVegabond - A great travelouge. Its Deja Vu seeing the pics in your travelouge, especially those of Sony Ericsson building from Expressway and those of turning torso and all. As I had mentioned before, its two years since I returned from Malmo after a short stay there. But still the place somehow seems very close to heart still. A beautiful place and great people.
Old 21st April 2010, 22:22   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
the name of the city is so revolting for us Indians.

Answering this question can be very embarrassing " Bhai kaha gaye they?"
It is revolting for the Hindi speaking North Indians if spoken as a Hindi word.

It should be spoken as a Swedish name, it is very simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Oh!!! Is it? I know I asked too much of questions but never knew this

Very true that you've completed it before the heat dissipates & that's the reason we got hooked upto this thread. I've not been able to post or view anything for last 2-3 days since we're (still) in coorg.

Thanks to you too for sharing & we came to know much more than a simple visit & the pictures
i am happy that you liked the travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Hai Vegabond,

Read all the 10 pages of your beautiful travalogue with pictures. Thanks for sharing, it gives lots of details difficult to get in one place. Useful reference details for anyone wanting to travel there.

Your Post No.88 and List of things to carry / precautions is bang on, one need to be fully prepard for the freezing weather. On my last European/ UK trip, I found that the wind chill can be a killer.

Once you get out from a warm room/ car, cold air can play havoc to exposed parts, my nose tips and ears were worse for the wear, I used the muffler and cap most of the time and eyes were swelling up on and off to sudden exposures!!!!!!

--Ramky
======
Dear Ramky sir,
i am happy that you liked the travelogue. I have also read your travelogue of your Europe/UK trip, wonderfully written, good pictures.

Yes, Cold wind should never be under estimated. it could drill into our bones. a person can die from cold, very fast.
hence proper precautions (=warm clothes) are a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hi StarVegabond - A great travelouge. Its Deja Vu seeing the pics in your travelouge, especially those of Sony Ericsson building from Expressway and those of turning torso and all. As I had mentioned before, its two years since I returned from Malmo after a short stay there. But still the place somehow seems very close to heart still. A beautiful place and great people.
yes, i did saw the SEMC building and a tranparent glass enclosed multi story car park adjacent to it. i could not take any photographs.

thanks for your appreciation, thank you for your add on info in between.
Old 21st April 2010, 22:45   #142
MX6
Senior - BHPian

It's not the cold that kills. It's the wind. And Windchill factor sends Sweden to where it is. Arctic zone. good travelogue.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:35   #143
BHPian

Quote:
The End.
Why didnt i set my eyes on this log before. Very well written, Star! 5 Stars from me! This is my first nordic country exposure.
Old 17th June 2010, 16:01   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Why didnt i set my eyes on this log before. Very well written, Star! 5 Stars from me! This is my first nordic country exposure.
Thanks ExtreemTorque for your kind words and the rating.
i am happy that this thread was of use to you.
Old 11th August 2010, 16:42   #145
BHPian

May i??

Star, with your permission i would like to add some pics of my own in this thread. I don't want to start another thread and it will be good if Lund is captured in one single thread! What say?
Old 11th August 2010, 16:44   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Star, with your permission i would like to add some pics of my own in this thread. I don't want to start another thread and it will be good if Lund is captured in one single thread! What say?
Please go ahead sir
it will certainly provide a different perspective.
Old 11th August 2010, 19:28   #147
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking forward to see Sweden in a different perspective as SVBond says. Keep the pics rolling.

PS - When I saw the last post updated by SVBond, I thought you made another trip to same location.
Old 12th August 2010, 17:20   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Please go ahead sir
it will certainly provide a different perspective.
I am younger to you Star and in more ways than one, my guru , so no sir please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I'm looking forward to see Sweden in a different perspective as SVBond says. Keep the pics rolling.
Well, Star has very well captured the culture part of Lund. I cover the nature in and around the place and try to capture its beauty.

I would compile my photos of my two visits, one during Autumn last year and one during summer this year and update the thread soon!
Old 12th August 2010, 20:20   #149
BHPian

Lund: Buildings and Architecture

As you enter the Lund City area, you will quickly feel comfortable with the old style typical European(should i say scandinavian) architecture. The buildings are nice on the eyes, not too gaudy nor too classical but just right!
(Pardon me for some Shaky images)

Lets go on a short trip.

Firstly, the city town hall area.

A Typical Street:
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07446.jpg

The Town Hall:
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07447.jpg

Adjacent building with a restaurant. A souvenir shop is close by:
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07448.jpg

Go further down to the Lund Cathedral built in 1103. An example of medieval period art:
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07371.jpg

Lets go in! Here we are greeted by this sight:
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07467.jpg

As we move further up:
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07456.jpg

The Lord in his full glory:
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07459.jpg

A high seat cabin and the instrument(Can anyone let me know what it is called?):
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07465.jpg
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07455.jpg

As we go to the basement of the church, we see something which instantly reminds me of Da Vince Code
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07451.jpg
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07452.jpg
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07453.jpg

The wooden scale model of the Cathedral. It is said that Lund was the seat of the arch bishop.
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07468.jpg

Finally, the Lund University building:
Business with Pleasure in the City of Ideas : Lund, Sweden-dsc07471.jpg

Soon i will present some Lund Autumn Hues!
Old 12th August 2010, 20:56   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
As you enter the Lund City area, you will quickly feel comfortable with the old style typical European(should i say scandinavian) architecture. The buildings are nice on the eyes, not too gaudy nor too classical but just right!
Soon i will present some Lund Autumn Hues!
Some good pictures there, i could never see the historical buildings during the bright daylight, more over i could not visit inside the 11th century church, thanks for these pictures.

i look forward to autumn hues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks