Team-BHP - hyderabad srisailam nagarjunsagar hyderabad warangal hyderabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   hyderabad srisailam nagarjunsagar hyderabad warangal hyderabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/78360-hyderabad-srisailam-nagarjunsagar-hyderabad-warangal-hyderabad-4.html)

jan 7 2010 nagarjunsagar anupu sightseeing and onwards to hyderabad

a beautiful day dawned at ngs the lake with its vast secrets was enveloped in a sheet of haze. the sun broke out and the haze slowly started to rise unravelling the secret it had covered so well.

we had a quick breakfast at vijayvihar. make it a point to have breakfast early here as hordes of tourist drop in some time to have a breakfast stop. we were lucky to have escaped and with our peace intact we made a move towards the other bank of ngs.

we were bitterly disappointed.there were no tourists at the boating station and our dream of visiting nagarjunkonda was dashed.only 1 family waited patiently to board the compulsory service at 1.30pm.add to that the ap state transport was on strike so the mandatory tourist busloads too would not turn up. add to this the ongoing agitation. add to this that it was an odd day,not a weekend.our odds seemed helpless.

we took a quick decision to viist anupu which wa around 10 kms away where the restructured ruins wqere on display as a open air musuem.this was an alternative we decided to give it a go and were rewarded in different ways.

the site at anupu was ok desolated and undiscovered but it gave us an idea of what the lakes now hid beneath them. these excavated ruins made way for ngs to supply modern human needs.

many secrets may still lie under the placid waters who knows?an entire civilization submerged by the modern projects.

we spent close to an hour at anupu climbing to the top of amphitheater we saw the other two ruins.

the local people did not even know where the anupu musuem was even standing in front of amphitheater they did not know its significance.such mindless conservation without educating the locals serves no purpose because it is finally the locals who will help in conservation.it sadly appeared to be a poor cousin to nagarjunkonda.

we left anupu came back to boating station still the same air of resignation with the 1 family waiting for compulsory departure and no sign of the 10.30lauch leaving.

we decided to keep konda for another day and i pledged that next time we will stay at ethipothala and visit the konda.

we atrted onwards to hyderabad with a heavy heart.

1 early morning at ngs
2 the mist hides the many secrets.are we looking at viewcomplexs similar to meditteranean?amalfi coast italy? no this is ngs ap india
3 vijayvihar complex
4 nice walks around vijayvihar
5 sun breaks out
6 swimming pool which we did not use due to chill
7 breakfast
8 bougainvillea blossoms
10 vijayvihar nagarjunresort aptdc

1 ngs dam
3 open air musuem anupu reconstructed relics university
10 amphitheater

we discovered another gem at anupu thanks to closely looking at the faded maps which just indicated a temple.

bang on shores of ngs perched on a cliff is the abode of a reclining bronze ranganathswamy(vishnu) temple.

a brass stambh stands in the foreground. the idol is beautiful and the view as i always told you similar to standing at the greek islands of santorini in the aaegean sea.no but this is ngs equally magical.

some shots of the empty boating station and ngs

with the sun bearing down and still 2 hours to go we decided to start towards hyderabad.

we had some snacks and colddrink at the boating station soaking in the amazing views and then bye bye to ngs and onwards to hyderabad

my brother in the pic looks dejected at missing out on konda cruise trip)))

the journey and the road towards hyderabad was most unremarkable at some spots rock formations caught our eye and so did the palm trees giving us the impression of travelling through semi arid desert plains like mohave desert?

we found our oasis at suchira restaurant where we ordered for natukodi chicken (local dish) saw a lot of students and lots of colleges aalong this road.

the rock formations made me think about how hot the summer would be here considering that these huge rocks trap heat and make it a cauldron.

the lunch at suchira was fine.hygiene levels were ok for us but for families its well ok waht else if you have adjusting people ))))

kaeidoscope of pics shows rock formations palm trees open empty road due to strike and agitation= driving bliss
suchira restaurant where we were insisted to have north indian food and drop natukodi chicken but we demended natukodi and it was good. did not know why he was crazed for north indian food when we wanted local hyderabadi fare(read fire)
everywhere the constant companion was biriyani which was uniformly well made extra spicy and roast in places like macherla with decency returning as we reached hyderabad.

route map

hyderabad airport to srisailam

srisailam to ngs

route map is this the route everybody follows towards hyderabad from ngs

some enjoyable videos @ random not in sequence

YouTube - on way to dornala from srisailam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErVSYe4BoNE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q29DvO3MD1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7TGu636RGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8H5Hg3AAeQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HNsVDtsE_w

the next few days we freaked out in hyderabad and here are some shots of what hyderabad appears to a first timer.
picdtures from lumbini park hussain sagar lake cruise charminar nehru zoological park

Nice pics and narrationion, pravdr. I took exactly the same route in Dec 2007, except the jeep ride to that view point.

But we did hire a jeep at Srisailam to visit Ashta Kameshwari temple, which was a very thrilling off-road drive on a Commander Jeep.

The road via Dornala was just the same those days, as was the one via Yerragonda palem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1861121)
Nice pics and narrationion, pravdr. I took exactly the same route in Dec 2007, except the jeep ride to that view point.

But we did hire a jeep at Srisailam to visit Ashta Kameshwari temple, which was a very thrilling off-road drive on a Commander Jeep.

The road via Dornala was just the same those days, as was the one via Yerragonda palem.

dear nabhi

yes your jeep drive with commander jeep must have been more exciting experience!!!!

we missed the akka maheshwari caves because the cruise would have taken long.

next time the temple is on my radar.

i thought the road to yergondapalem after dornala was one of the most desolate stretches and it was hot in january thanks to ap traffic rule barring film on taxis/hired cars.

we were baked in the indica by raidant heat. and reached macherla for a welcome break.

ethipothala impressed me.

the farahabad viewpoint safari should be taken early morning or late in evening at 4pm as in the hot sun most animals are resting.

there are good frh at mananur checkpost with a basic restaurant. but surroundings are beautiful

regards'

pg

JAN07 2010 HYDERABAD SIGHTSEEING

We went around hyderabad charminar was quite a put off having read all about it since childhood it was not as impressive as its made out to be the approach is congested and its a monumnet which is sstill vibrant and living and witnessing human history.

i loved the architecture though and the history surrounding it.

liked the salarjung musuem especially the aurangzeb and shahjehan dagger collection.the marble statuettes are impressive.

i missed the musuem which i think is govt musuem close to salarjung musuem. what most musuems in india lack is the most basic interactive audiovisual equipmentwhich would make salarjung interesting all the more.

the nehru zoological park had its usual share of excitement and it was an adults day out that we had at the zoo. the safari had some really rough bus drivers chase lioncubs to impress a few girls.at one point of time i thought the bus would topple over.

god save the animals in the zoos.

the nehru zoological park was excellent in many aspects for humans. pitiable in many ways towards animals. but yes one of the better managed zoos in the indian zoo circuit.

big cats on can only wonder what magnificent creatures would they be in wild!!!!!!!!!!!!

the last pic is at birla mandir of lord tirumala camera not allowed to capture beautiful vistas from birla mandir where we saw sunset over hyderabad the cyberabad of india