Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:05   #16
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith.rajaram View Post
XH_Vee... I guess your zooming on the yercard road , felt that you driving too fast .. what speed where you on ?
The video tends to show it that way Ranjith as the cam is focused on the road alone. Don't think he is driving too fast.
Well, his signature is suggestive again but.
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
The video tends to show it that way Ranjith as the cam is focused on the road alone. Don't think he is driving too fast.
Well, his signature is suggestive again but.
I thought so MS, but still wanted to check with XH_Vee
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:06   #18
BHPian

@Fordmanchau: Hey... we might have crossed! Could you spot yourself in the video . Going to your post now!

@ranjith.rajaram: You mean in the video? I feels like that because the road is narrow and the points of reference by the side of the road are too close. I was strictly 2nd gear on hairpins and 3rd on intermediate straights. Plus I had a speed 'governer' sitting right beside me But once I hit the NH7, it has official speed limit of 100 kph which I stuck to religiously. My friends say I have a right foot equivalent to cruise control - 100-110 kph constant!
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:09   #19
BHPian

@MX6: Yeah... you are right. Video makes it look faster than it actually was.

I would have to say I have been quite fortunate to get ample opportunities on private roads & test tracks to speed and speed in real great machines.

On the road, its a different challenge for me. How to get from point A to B the quickest and still staying under speed limit. Try it out next time and you will realize it is lot more interesting to be consistantly do one speed than just short but spikey bursts of speeds.

And yes, Mario Andretti's quote should taken as in inspiration only on race tracks
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice trip and pics, friend. We too had been to Yercaud two weeks back. Didn't go to Kiliyur falls. Rest of the journey was just like yours! We too returned back in some hours time. My travelogue is still in progress.
Old 6th June 2010, 00:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Nice trip and pics, friend. We too had been to Yercaud two weeks back. Didn't go to Kiliyur falls. Rest of the journey was just like yours! We too returned back in some hours time. My travelogue is still in progress.
Thanks! But your location shows Pune. Were you visiting Bangalore and then made this trip?
Old 6th June 2010, 20:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @XH_VEE for sharing the road condition. Also, how long does the ghat section drive take & the time taken from Salem to Yercaud? Thanks.
Old 6th June 2010, 22:31   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Thanks @XH_VEE for sharing the road condition. Also, how long does the ghat section drive take & the time taken from Salem to Yercaud? Thanks.
It would be a maximum of 40 minutes and not more. Its also easy to drive unlike Ooty (Masinagudi stretch).
Old 7th June 2010, 01:46   #24
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XH_Vee View Post
Thanks! But your location shows Pune. Were you visiting Bangalore and then made this trip?
Chevy lover made a trip all they way from Pune to many places in South.
Yercaud is one of his pit stops.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Just to add... Salem to Yercaud is almost all ghat section.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks