Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 11:15   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swifted : Nelliyampathy via Valparai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Also any idea on the possible weather during Sep 2nd week?

Regards,
KK
Oh, you will get your fill of tea plantations of course - the drive down to the major tourist points, Seetharkundu view point and Kesavan para will take you through tea estates

In my opinion that would be the best time - but depends on your tolerance for intermittent rains. And beware of leeches - mosquito repellent creams like odomos or goodnight are the best leech repellent too
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 11:29   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Here my questions:

- Anybody know about these places? I checked tripadvisor where Kailas plantations have been ranked very well followed by the Green land farm house.

- How will the weather at Nelliampathy during Sep 2nd week?

- Lastly, what are the sightseeing options nearby?

Thanks in advance.
KK
As Praveen mentioned, here are some pictures of our drive to Kailas. The roads were pretty bad and it should be worse now due to rains. Suggest you to check with the resort.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3848405

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3850143
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:44   #288
BHPian

Experience at Ciscilia Heritage

This is from a trip we made around three years back in an October. Thought of penning it down now.

The rooms: are average with bare minimum necessities, luckily is attached with a wash room. There is nothing to be called as heritage, except the doors and the cots which they might have lifted from an old Kerala style building. It was raining and the smell of mildew was everywhere. We had to ask them to clean it once again and to change the bed-covers. The rooms can be more lit and the bathrooms can definitely be more neat. This is not for one who expects a star rated accommodation, but who longs to be in the lap of nature. And also, get ready to be un-connected with phone signals very weak.

The drive: towards the facility from Nelliyampathy town is around seven kms mostly through tarred road, but towards the last leg, the road was not asphalted and if your vehicle has low GC, all possibilities to get it scraped underneath. You do feel like driving through that road multiple times, and that makes you tied to the resort. So, plan your sightseeing accordingly. We reached an evening, stayed there one night, checked out around noon next day to visit other attractions. Honestly speaking, I loved driving through this road in my beloved AStar which I have sold now.

Food: was tasty and served hot though we had to wait for some time. The menu is not very lavish, but necessarily Kerala style.

Activities: that I loved and what I think is the only one is the trekking to the forest atop the hills. There are possibilities to encounter wild animals such as Gaur, elephant, etc. We planned to have a late evening trek, but being very dark and in unknown terrain made us change our plan. We had a short trek of around 500 meters and then decided to return.
Next day morning, we were awake early morning to see heavy rain which spoil our plan. But by 6.30AM, rain stopped and while we went to have a tea, the words from the caretakers were encouraging. We started our trek by 7AM. An awesome experience which should not have possible if we stayed in any other facility. after about an hour through thick grasslands and plain lands, we reached the summit of the hills and the view was breathtaking. Cannot explain through words when we reached the summit. Though we had fear of encountering wild animals, we did not spot any. But have seen fresh droppings of Gaur at many places, which might have been there hours before we were there.

I liked the place because of the adventure drive to the resort and the trek. Resort has average rooms in an excellent location, Overall, a great experience.
josebi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks