Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2010, 19:11   #106
Team-BHP Support

Nice snaps there. Esp the one where you have the folk music guys. Its very difficult to find the true essence of a place and that if its a metro, all the more difficult.

How did go about finding these folks? Are these places/events advertised by the tourism departments?
Old 16th May 2010, 19:26   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice snaps there. Esp the one where you have the folk music guys. Its very difficult to find the true essence of a place and that if its a metro, all the more difficult.

How did go about finding these folks? Are these places/events advertised by the tourism departments?
I saw them in a 5 star hotel in Kolkata (The Park), but if you wanted to meet the folk musicians of tamilnadu, there are plenty and you can meet them almost in every district. Not only music performers but the other cultural dancers etc.
Old 16th May 2010, 19:39   #108
Team-BHP Support

Yes TN I am aware. You can find them at many places. In fact even Kolkatta is also a culturally active city. Not sure about other places.
Old 16th May 2010, 21:45   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
....See you all at another travelogue, thanks for all your support. Once again special thanks to all the people who helped me getting my trip a successful one.

~~~~~The END~~~~~

claps all the way - for making the trip in a great way - just think of kalighat as a sin-washing exercise... dont ask me what sins you did, may be for sins to be done in the future... LOL. Anyways, a great eye-opener and thx for the fraud shopkeeper pic. Will visit this thread in the future before I travel to calcutta (for the 1st time)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks