Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 16:09   #16
BHPian

Manchau, yeah I went from Bangalore to Vizag and came back. Got around 15 Kmpl with 100 % Ac. However, I came back full load (around 150 Kilos in the boot & 3 Healthy Pax including me) It was a really good drive,
Old 14th April 2010, 16:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

When is the next episode being released?
Old 14th April 2010, 18:02   #18
BHPian

Hyderabad for some reason is reeling under powercuts.. There was no power in my house in Kukatpally till 1 am yday night. Formachau hopefully today it will not be the case and we are expecting the updates soon.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Manchau, yeah I went from Bangalore to Vizag and came back. Got around 15 Kmpl with 100 % Ac. However, I came back full load (around 150 Kilos in the boot & 3 Healthy Pax including me) It was a really good drive,
That's a decent mileage with all those loads and A/C. I must say I have been happy with my car so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
When is the next episode being released?
Sorry ampere for the delay, have been working late nights since last 3 days and to add to woes, power situation in my area is not good. There was no electricity in evening since 6:30p.m to 12:30 a.m. Will update in evening today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Hyderabad for some reason is reeling under powercuts.. There was no power in my house in Kukatpally till 1 am yday night. Formachau hopefully today it will not be the case and we are expecting the updates soon.
Yes Venki, I stay at Masab Tank , and the situation is worse.Yesterday it was little better. Power came half an hour after I reach home from office. and it didn't go for the night.
But last two days was very tough.Will update tonight if I don't take work along with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, as MX6 commented. The biker pic shows him driving in wrong side of the road since the other left lane is blocked by heap of sand. Guess road work still not fully over. Not sure about NH 7 Bangalore - Hyd streach since its been few months since i took that route on road. But for NH 7 Bangalore - Salem is fully done apart from a over pass just in Salem.
NH 7 from Bangalore to Salem is fully done and is a wonderful road. Hope Hyd-Blr finishes up fast.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
power situation in my area is not good. There was no electricity in evening since 6:30p.m to 12:30 a.m.
Hey nice start to the TLogue.Looks like an interesting one.Where did you stay at Yercaud?

NH9 between HYD & BLR is fast becoming one of my favorite roads in this part of the country(save for the lack of facilities on this stretch its otherwise a wonderful drive) along with NH7 between BLR & Salem.

& NH9 between HYD & Pune continues be on my worst roads list,its become pathetic now.

The electricity situation in HYD is thanx to a transformer that has burst some place within the city and many parts of the city have been affected due to this,hopefully things should be back to normal by tmrw.
Old 15th April 2010, 17:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and narration, Manish! It is nice to know that you are doing long trips on your Josh machine.

As regards Nh7, would I be right in saying that around 75% is already 4-laned?
Old 16th April 2010, 15:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hey nice start to the TLogue.Looks like an interesting one.Where did you stay at Yercaud?

NH9 between HYD & BLR is fast becoming one of my favorite roads in this part of the country(save for the lack of facilities on this stretch its otherwise a wonderful drive) along with NH7 between BLR & Salem.

& NH9 between HYD & Pune continues be on my worst roads list,its become pathetic now.

The electricity situation in HYD is thanx to a transformer that has burst some place within the city and many parts of the city have been affected due to this,hopefully things should be back to normal by tmrw.
Yes Ranjit, power situation has improved, but now road has been dug up for drainage, a litte inconvenience.
We stayed at Shevaroys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice pics and narration, Manish! It is nice to know that you are doing long trips on your Josh machine.

As regards Nh7, would I be right in saying that around 75% is already 4-laned?
Venu sir, good to have you back.
I would estimate the road work to be 80% complete. Barring some 2-3 flyover works and some diversions, the road has been completely four laned.
Old 16th April 2010, 18:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Continuing ..

So after a laid back breakfast and resting for about 40 minutes , took to road again at 7:40 a.m. I already covered 268Kms-half the distance, so thought lets now do it non-stop from here. The drive from there on was a little tricky, with so many diversions. Some time diversions you would really not notice until you are just in front of them, so have to be careful about it. Witnessed a supposedly fresh accident that happened, possibly due to the diversions(my guess). It might have occurred during the early hours of morning, because police where there, and a crane was retrieving the mangled remains of the tractor from inside of the truck.
That was terrible accident. Had to wait for the crane to move to side, and then police gave us the go-ahead to proceed. We were right in front.
The accident scene, made me more cautious. Drove on max-80-90kmph speed while keeping a keen eye for any diversion markings.
Didn't logged down exact timings but continuous driving and brief halts at toll plaza saw us touching Devanahalli by 11:30 a.m, so drove around 4 hrs continuously.
We had to go to C V Raman Nagar, just behind the Big Bazaar at Old Madras road. Had been checking the route on google maps regularly before the trip. Gmaps showed an alternative route to Old madras road from Devanahalli through NH 207, thus saving me from Bangalore traffic that I would have encountered on NH7.
Here is the route.
Name:  Picture1.png
Views: 4951
Size:  566.6 KB

While coming to Bangalore there's a sign on road which says, straight to Bangalore city and a slight left to Devanahalli. Take the left here and after a while you would see a small board which says left to NH207, took the left and proceeded. Road condition was good after the initial hiccups.It's a small one lane road with little traffic, gives the feel of countryside.The drive was smooth except for the famour Bangalore Humps. The distance from Devanahalli to C V Raman Nagar was 40kms, and the same destination via NH7 was 38 kms, but I supposedly saved on time and lots of tension
By 12:15 p.m we were already at Salarpuria Silverwoods at C V Raman Nagar.
The trip meter read 577kms and total time was 8hrs 45 minutes with a 40 minutes stopover. I was so glad it went on well.
The rest of the day was pretty idle. Did nothing much, the whole of the evening, just rested, relaxed and visited my friend at K R Puram. I was so glad that C V Raman Nagar and K R Puram was so close.
We called it nights at around 11:30 p.m at night. Have to leave early for Yercaud the next day.
Old 16th April 2010, 18:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey Manish, great to know you had a nice trip. Nice travelogue keep it coming.

Quote:
By 12:15 p.m we were already at Salarpuria Silverwoods at C V Raman Nagar.
Did nothing much, the whole of the evening, just rested, relaxed and visited my friend at K R Puram. I was so glad that C V Raman Nagar and K R Puram was so close.
We called it nights at around 11:30 p.m at night. Have to leave early for Yercaud the next day.
Dude, look what you did. I stay at Silverwoods man, u should have just called up and we could have met.
Old 16th April 2010, 18:27   #25
Team-BHP Support

I am told that many folks who stay in South Bangalore/Whitefield area use this road to go to the Bangalore airport.
Old 16th April 2010, 21:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Manish, great to know you had a nice trip. Nice travelogue keep it coming...

Dude, look what you did. I stay at Silverwoods man, u should have just called up and we could have met.
Samarth!! man why did you have to write this, now, I am feeling so guilty now.I actually thought of calling you, but didn't have your number on phone, and was very so damn lazy to log onto net and retrieve your number from TBHP mail that day.
I can't even believe you were so close. Which Block you stay in. I was in B- block. Next time for sure we will meet man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I am told that many folks who stay in South Bangalore/Whitefield area use this road to go to the Bangalore airport.
Ampere, that road is a nice option to go to airport, once all the construction work on Old madras gets over, drive to blr airport would be good.
Old 16th April 2010, 21:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pics and narration Fordmanchau, waiting for the Yercaud part now !
Old 16th April 2010, 23:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Samarth!! man why did you have to write this, now, I am feeling so guilty now.I actually thought of calling you, but didn't have your number on phone, and was very so damn lazy to log onto net and retrieve your number from TBHP mail that day.
I can't even believe you were so close. Which Block you stay in. I was in B- block. Next time for sure we will meet man.
lol, tell me about it. I stay in A Block, had you just entered the reception of A- block you would have seen my name on the Owners board. Imagine staying in the same place and not being able to meet.

Were you at some friends/relatives place here? Anyways, now you know so do plan to meet up the next time you are here.
Old 17th April 2010, 01:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Lovely pics and narration Fordmanchau, waiting for the Yercaud part now !
Thanks Kannan!! It will soon follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
lol, tell me about it. I stay in A Block, had you just entered the reception of A- block you would have seen my name on the Owners board. Imagine staying in the same place and not being able to meet.

Were you at some friends/relatives place here? Anyways, now you know so do plan to meet up the next time you are here.
hmm..I accidentally went to A-block when I returned after visiting my friend, went to Flat 203 and rang the bell, after which me and wife realised that it's the wrong block we entered
Didn't you notice a AP registered Ikon at the Visitor's parking, the way to basement parking goes that way only.
we were at my wife's sister's place.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 17th April 2010 at 01:01.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

hmm..I accidentally went to A-block when I returned after visiting my friend, went to Flat 203 and rang the bell, after which me and wife realised that it's the wrong block we entered
Didn't you notice a AP registered Ikon at the Visitor's parking, the way to basement parking goes that way only.
we were at my wife's sister's place.

lol if i tell you this, you will not believe it but thats the flat I used to stay in before I moved to the present one(the one where u accidently rang the bell) . Oh and if you want more coincidences, the place I stayed in Yercaud when we went there for the first time was....Yup.. Shevroys, in one of the cottages.

I will let you complete your travelogue now, still cant believe the amount of coincidences though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks