Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 18:07   #1
BHPian

Mumbai-GanpatiPule-Vengurla-Goa-Karwar: April 14 to 21 2010

Hi guys,

New Year New beginnings.

Last December, we made a roadtrip to Rajasthan and we had an awesome time. This time we decided to take a small trip to Goa.

Prologue: The day before ( 13 April 2010 )
As usual, HVK's trip log is the beacon guide what to expect on the road ahead and have got some additional inputs from some blogs as well. Very apprehensive how I am going to go through the ghats with a full load. My Accent,2001 is going to majorly stressed on the way to Goa, with my family-wife,mom n kid as well as my aunt and cousin. Plus to top it, will also be lugging onward luggage of 4 of the 6 people who are packed with a fortnight capacity of clothes. Thats like 175 kgs in front, 200 kgs on the back and possibly another 40 kgs in the boot. Jittery on this as well.

=> Anybody with such similar load experiences on the NH17 ?

Plan so far
Leave at 4:30 am
Breakfast break at Chiplun
By lunch at Ganpati Pule
By evening-ish at Vengurla for a brief stopover
Reach Goa-Varca Beach by 7-8pm

=>Any inputs on the plan feasibility would be great.

=>Also am looking for vegetarian options to eat along the route. Understand there is/are Vithal Kamath hotel(s) along the route.

=>Also, in Goa,good places to go with family with veg options would be most appreciated.

=>Request guidance on the dolphin and other water sports in Goa,please. How much and where?

Plan is to stay at Club Mahindra till 20th morning. During the stay, plan to take a day to go to Karwar Marawante beach for drive, having read the Top 50 drives list.
=>Any other itinerary suggestions?

On my way back, would be taking the NH4 route via Pune, because, I have drop my cousin off at Pimpri.
=>Would it be a good idea to take the route from South Goa via the Dudhsagar falls or should I avoid it altogether and take the sawantwadi-nipani route?

My specific queries are in BOLD to help identify them faster.
Look forward for the continued support from co-tbhpians.

Of course, will be trip logging using Sh.HVK's reference sheet and will additional points of interest as well. Photos incl ghat specific pics et al and yes ( won't be making the mistake of leaving the tripod behind like last time ). Travelogue and additional inputs from the trip.

10 hrs to flag down.
Old 13th April 2010, 18:49   #2
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
Hi guys,

New Year New beginnings.

Last December, we made a roadtrip to Rajasthan and we had an awesome time. This time we decided to take a small trip to Goa.

Prologue: The day before ( 13 April 2010 )
As usual, HVK's trip log is the beacon guide what to expect on the road ahead and have got some additional inputs from some blogs as well. Very apprehensive how I am going to go through the ghats with a full load. My Accent,2001 is going to majorly stressed on the way to Goa, with my family-wife,mom n kid as well as my aunt and cousin. Plus to top it, will also be lugging onward luggage of 4 of the 6 people who are packed with a fortnight capacity of clothes. Thats like 175 kgs in front, 200 kgs on the back and possibly another 40 kgs in the boot. Jittery on this as well.

=> Anybody with such similar load experiences on the NH17 ?

Plan so far
Leave at 4:30 am
Breakfast break at Chiplun
By lunch at Ganpati Pule
By evening-ish at Vengurla for a brief stopover
Reach Goa-Varca Beach by 7-8pm

=>Any inputs on the plan feasibility would be great.

=>Also am looking for vegetarian options to eat along the route. Understand there is/are Vithal Kamath hotel(s) along the route.

=>Also, in Goa,good places to go with family with veg options would be most appreciated.

=>Request guidance on the dolphin and other water sports in Goa,please. How much and where?

Plan is to stay at Club Mahindra till 20th morning. During the stay, plan to take a day to go to Karwar Marawante beach for drive, having read the Top 50 drives list.
=>Any other itinerary suggestions?

On my way back, would be taking the NH4 route via Pune, because, I have drop my cousin off at Pimpri.
=>Would it be a good idea to take the route from South Goa via the Dudhsagar falls or should I avoid it altogether and take the sawantwadi-nipani route?

My specific queries are in BOLD to help identify them faster.
Look forward for the continued support from co-tbhpians.

Of course, will be trip logging using Sh.HVK's reference sheet and will additional points of interest as well. Photos incl ghat specific pics et al and yes ( won't be making the mistake of leaving the tripod behind like last time ). Travelogue and additional inputs from the trip.

10 hrs to flag down.
Guess this needs to move to route/ travel queries.
Mods. Please move to appropriate section.
Old 16th April 2010, 08:59   #3
BHPian

Though its disappointing not to receive any inputs, I guess everybody is travelling as well.

Brief update, we started at 5 and managed to reach by 1000 pm. The roads were good, quite rough after mahad but motorable.

More later, can't type much using a mobile
Old 16th April 2010, 11:37   #4
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
Though its disappointing not to receive any inputs, I guess everybody is travelling as well.

Brief update, we started at 5 and managed to reach by 1000 pm. The roads were good, quite rough after mahad but motorable.

More later, can't type much using a mobile
Longford. look at my earlier post as well. This is in the wrong section. Had you posted it in route/ travel queries, there would have been loads of responses. Enjoy your travel and post a travelogue in this section!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks